Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/anyone-made-a-secret-freedom-of-info-request-about-me-andrew-45563.html)

garinda 20-02-2009 22:56

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 683395)
Cheers for that.:)

Although unless I'm really dim, and looking in the wrong plac on the website, it doesn't have anything about where H.B.C.'s share is allocated.

It just gives an example of what share of the tax as a whole they get from a band D property.

How Council Tax is spent - About how Council Tax is spent

cashman 20-02-2009 22:59

would the percentage not be the same fer all bands?:confused:

garinda 20-02-2009 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 683400)
would the percentage not be the same fer all bands?:confused:

Yes, but what I want to see is a breakdown of what the council allocate to each area that needs funding from H.B.C.'s shares, pensions for example.

I also want to know why a Chief Executive's job, for example, should warrant a different salary depending which borough employs him?

turkishdelight 20-02-2009 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 683401)
Yes, but what I want to see is a breakdown of what the council allocate to each area that needs funding from H.B.C.'s shares, pensions for example.

I also want to know why a Chief Executive's job, for example, should warrant a different salary depending which borough employs him?

Is that not an equailty issue for the same post this is interesting to me.

cashman 20-02-2009 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 683405)

me also, am thinking would depend on what area, as in cost of living etc etc.

garinda 20-02-2009 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 683405)

Probably.

There doesn't seem much transparency apparent as to where the council's share of the tax goes, unless I'm being really daft and not looking in the right place.

You'd think if it was going to be sent out with the bills, the information could just as easily be posted on their website as well.

Bernard Dawson 20-02-2009 23:21

Quote:

Sorry about that, but it really ought be on the councils website. I'll look into it, but I can't think why information like that isn't on the website.

The point about Chief Executives salary,the bigger the authority the bigger the salary. Hyndburn over the years has struggled to keep its top officers. We just can't compete with much bigger authorities.

garinda 20-02-2009 23:22

If you Google 'how council tax is spent', right under the link for H.B.C. which I posted, is this site. Which makes interesting reading.

25% of council tax spent on pensions | This is Money

I want to know what percentage is spent on pensions, amongst other thigs.

garinda 20-02-2009 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Owen (Post 683410)
Sorry about that, but it really ought be on the councils website. I'll look into it, but I can't think why information like that isn't on the website.

The point about Chief Executives salary,the bigger the authority the bigger the salary. Hyndburn over the years has struggled to keep its top officers. We just can't compete with much bigger authorities.

Ok, that I can understand. Different sized boroughs will mean differing pay scales because there's more work involved. Makes sense.

Thanks.

turkishdelight 20-02-2009 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 683407)
me also, am thinking would depend on what area, as in cost of living etc etc.

Wnen i compare other occupations where they reside dosent come into it only i guess London were its taken into account.

Eric 20-02-2009 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 683349)
it did,didn't it?:rofl38::rofl38:

Ok ... next's round's:drunk: on me;) And you're the one on the right:D

claytonender 20-02-2009 23:32

Quote:

I don't know whether this information will be of any help - but it is the report to Cabinet that shows the Financial postion as at the end of December 2008 for Revenue spending. (A report is produced every month at each Cabinet meeting)

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...Monitoring.pdf

There is also an appendix to the report which is a table showing spending for YTD (and for the current month - which was month 9 of the fiscal year December) and what had been budgeted (by department)
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...toring_app.pdf

garinda 20-02-2009 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 683419)
I don't know whether this information will be of any help - but it is the report to Cabinet that shows the Financial postion as at the end of December 2008 for Revenue spending. (A report is produced every month at each Cabinet meeting)

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...Monitoring.pdf

There is also an appendix to the report which is a table showing spending for YTD (and for the current month - which was month 9 of the fiscal year December) and what had been budgeted (by department)
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...toring_app.pdf

Thanks very much.

This is what I like in councillors, action.:)

Bernard Dawson 20-02-2009 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 683412)
Ok, that I can understand. Different sized boroughs will mean differing pay scales because there's more work involved. Makes sense.

Thanks.

That's right, we're just a small local authority. The big unitary authorities such as Blackburn, also have education, social services , etc. So more responsibility,bigger workforce,and of course bigger budgets.

claytonender 20-02-2009 23:38

Well this councillor is now sigining off as it is well past her bedtime.