Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Expenses, expenses... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/expenses-expenses-45851.html)

andrewb 28-02-2009 17:40

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 686776)
As I said, if I was wrong as to why it took three years, rather than the more normal two (or one), then I apologise.

Now pop back up into your highchair.

Good boy.;)

Apology accepted.

ClarePritchard 28-02-2009 17:40

If you do ring Peter, tell him I said "Hi"

andrewb 28-02-2009 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarePritchard (Post 686780)
If you do ring Peter, tell him I said "Hi"

I hope he does ring Peter, otherwise his whines about Peter not posting here will just be nothing more than local labour defending.

ClarePritchard 28-02-2009 17:44

We all know that he reads Accy web avidly but hasn't got the balls to post personally, Area Council staff have been told to monitor Accy Web posts too, supposedly to monitor "local issues"

garinda 28-02-2009 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 686774)
Peter Britcliffe: 01254 381 147

Let us know when you've had the courage to call him.

I've said many times before on this forum that if I ever have a problem I think he could help me with, then I certainly would telephone him.

I've also said (again many times) that I know he'd do his best to help me, but that doesn't really sit very well with your narrow and blinkered political view, does it?

That I can praise someone's work as a councillor, who just happens to be a Conservative.;)

Is this an offically sanctioned thread wander by the way, since you're perpetuating it?:rolleyes:

ClarePritchard 28-02-2009 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 686782)
I hope he does ring Peter, otherwise his whines about Peter not posting here will just be nothing more than local labour defending.

As opposed to your Tory defending ...........?:rolleyes:

garinda 28-02-2009 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 686340)
Mmmmmmmmmmm I wonder which side is winning us, the swaying voters.:rolleyes:

There's a lot to take in.

Greed. Gross incompetence. Arrogance. Lack of intellect. Fairness. Integrity. Refusing to listen to Joe Public at 'public' meetings. Idiotic and wasteful whims, with no perceivable benefits to the borough. Megalomania. Did I mention greed, as in feathering one's own already comfortable nest?

Yes there's a lot of information for us ordinary Joes to take in.:rolleyes:

I'd hate to say who was winning, certainly from the evidence we've had presented before us on Accy Web.

It's Hobson's choice.

For me the jury's still out.

Both sides are putting up such a mature and compelling case.

I'm sure I'm not the only voting floater who can't see who's presented a better argument in the expenses scandal...so far.:rolleyes:

MargaretR 28-02-2009 17:51

I thought it was against the rules for a phone number to be shown here without consent.
Another moderator once edited my post and PMd me for doing just that.:eek:

Bagpuss 28-02-2009 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarePritchard (Post 686783)
We all know that he reads Accy web avidly but hasn't got the balls to post personally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 686272)
He might not be a registered member, he hasn't got the balls to join in any debates, but he certainly reads the posts as a guest.

Stop stealing my line.:D

garinda 28-02-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 686782)

If I ever have a problem I'd call him, or my other Conservative councillor, as I've already said.

In the meantime I'll resist the urge to telephone them, and waste their valuable time, just to satisfy yet more of petulant demands.;)

andrewb 28-02-2009 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 686792)
If I ever have a problem I'd call him, or my other Conservative councillor, as I've already said.

In the meantime I'll resist the urge to telephone them, and waste their valuable time, just to satisfy yet more of petulant demands.;)

Then why do you demand that he come here when you can ask him questions on the phone?

garinda 28-02-2009 17:57

...and do pass on the message I've posted, that I'll gladly help with his public relations capabilites.

He's more than welcome to call me anytime, and I'll glady share tips about not making comments to the press that so inflame public opinion against him. Coke, hot dogs, guide books, silly cow, etc. etc.

;)

andrewb 28-02-2009 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 686796)
...and do pass on the message I've posted, that I'll gladly help with his public relations capabilites.

He's more than welcome to call me anytime, and I'll glady share tips about not making comments to the press that so inflame public opinion against him. Coke, hot dogs, guide books, silly cow, etc. etc.

;)

I think he'd do better with a cat giving him Google Page Ranking than yourself. You seem only too happy to go and attack somebody for re-siting a-levels, and even then you got your facts wrong. You should apply to be a Labour councillor. ;)

garinda 28-02-2009 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 686794)
Then why do you demand that he come here when you can ask him questions on the phone?

I don't demand. I just think it would be nice to have some equalty.;)

The balance seems unfairly tipped in Labour's favour, with only the Tea Boy and Old Father time standing their corner.

:)

andrewb 28-02-2009 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 686799)
I don't demand. I just think it would be nice to have some equalty.;)

The balance seems unfairly tipped in Labour's favour, with only the Tea Boy and Old Father time standing their corner.

:)

I can see your point, there are a lot of Labour lies on here. Don't worry though, I'm here to put you straight. :D