Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

accyman 14-04-2009 22:47

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

the point is katex wether it be criminal or whatever it appears no laws get enforced down there wether it be parking illigaly or pulling people over for criminal offences

i have said before on here that i saw a traffic cop sat right behind a car with the driver yakking on his mobile and did naff all even though the police officer continued driving for a while behind teh talkative driver infront of him he merely turned off and let the guy go and it wasnt a one off as i used to spend quite a lot of time in that area and have seen plenty of things slide that beggars belief right infront of police officers

you can gurentee teh second i make a phoncall with my mobile while driving witha copper behind me the recording equptment will be on logging my offence and then the flashing lights saying pull over would come on and i would get my fine and points

BERNADETTE 14-04-2009 22:50

Was just going to say Cashy when Ian had the factory at bottom of Bridge Strret in Church the police were quick to give him a ticket when he was unloading things for the works. As you say funny how times change:(

accyman 14-04-2009 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704509)
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then,:( wonder why things have changed.:(

i once spent one summers night in the cells for walking down blackburn road barefoot after a night out .

mind you after a few mins discussion of my right to walk in my bare feet if i decided to i tired of his pompous atitude and told him to do somat with himself which i guess was teh bit thatgot me in teh cells lol

either that or my feet were a bio hazzard

katex 14-04-2009 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 704510)

i have said before on here that i saw a traffic cop sat right behind a car with the driver yakking on his mobile and did naff all even though the police officer continued driving for a while behind teh talkative driver infront of him he merely turned off and let the guy go and it wasnt a one off as i used to spend quite a lot of time in that area and have seen plenty of things slide that beggars belief right infront of police officers

you can gurentee teh second i make a phoncall with my mobile while driving witha copper behind me the recording equptment will be on logging my offence and then the flashing lights saying pull over would come on and i would get my fine and points

You could always try it to prove a point .... :eek::D You did get away with making hand gestures though at a police car didn't you. Mind you, not sure if that a criminal offence or not. LOL

I have seen lots of instances like this too all over the U.K. of other people getting away with these offences with police car trailing, so can't really comment whether more rife in the Blackburn Road area or not.

Was only interested in the parking really, which is what this thread is about.

accyman 14-04-2009 22:56

yeah but like all good threads they wander a bit :D

katex 14-04-2009 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704512)
Was just going to say Cashy when Ian had the factory at bottom of Bridge Strret in Church the police were quick to give him a ticket when he was unloading things for the works. As you say funny how times change:(

Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..

accyman 14-04-2009 22:59

pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

im not ashamed to say i watched out the window with great joy at the buggers faces when they saw their tickets on their windscreens

they didnt park there again

BERNADETTE 14-04-2009 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704520)
Probably in the days when it was the responsibility of the police Bernie .. tough though when you have to unload..

So what you are telling me is that even though the police are cruising along Blackburn Road(as they were tonight with no emergency to deal with) and they see a car parked illegally they do nothing? If that is the case it is a joke:(

katex 14-04-2009 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704509)
funny how times change, the police stopped me on blackburn rd early 80s n threatened to prosecute me fer having a brake light out in me taxi, even followed me to the garage were tesco express now is on manchester rd till i bought a bulb, of course 90% of the drivers were english then,:( wonder why things have changed.:(

Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 704522)
pcso's can now give tickets for parking offences and in some areas have taken over from or work alongside traffic wardens

i know this coz i got two cars booked by a pcso over yorkshire when they were blocking an exit to teh apartment complex entrance

Think it is just an experiment in certain areas so far with PCSO's who have been given the power to issue parking tickets ... however, they will be still sub-contracted to the Local Authority to that area .. not the Police Authority.

Also, the police can move in in these circumstances, as (I think) may come under a criminal offence if no restrictions on the road ...sort of trespassing.

cashman 14-04-2009 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704528)
Can still happen Cashy ... have the authority not to allow you to proceed until new light installed.

then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?:(

katex 14-04-2009 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704530)
then i have seen quite a few on blackburn rd without brake lights, since i lived this way,i have also seen police cars directly behind some of em, yet i have NEVER seen em stop one, i wonder why?:(

More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.

cashman 14-04-2009 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704531)
More traffic on the road Cashy, and more paper work .. probably won't stop you now until both lights have gone...'cept, of course, if they suspect something else like a drinking offence.

Possibly so, but its really galling, when i consider i was stopped about 6-30 one winters evening, on me way to pick a fare up.:(

cherokee 15-04-2009 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704491)
Funny that none of our local councillors have commented on this problem yet Greg Pope has promised to look into it. Is it not a problem if it isn't in the wards they are elected to represent? Wonder what the response would be if someone is injured or even killed because of the illegal parking.

Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses :(

Ive seen some dreadful near misses on Blackburn road in recent years and I dont think anything has ever been done to rectify the problem , and funnily enough about 95% seem to be coloured , and thats nots not me being racist thats me saying that these guys seem to have their own rules , esp on Blackburn road and like flashy says certain areas in Blackburn too.
Makes me wonder what uproar if any there will be when a kiddie gets hit.
We have parking regulations for a reason.

BERNADETTE 15-04-2009 00:52

Quote:

Cherokee Doubt that will happen Bernadette thay re always to busy on here trying to out do each other and find who has the biggest expenses
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell:(

jaysay 15-04-2009 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704497)
So there is nothing anybody can do? You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be an uproar if/when somebody gets hurt, it is disgusting that these things are allowed to happen:mad: Why can the police not do anything? These people are breaking the law by parking illegally:confused:

Couldn't agree more Bernie, why on earth is parking now the responsibility of the councils, either HBC or LCC, irresponsible parking is breaking the law of the land, not a local authority Bylaw and should be dealt with by the police. I will just say one thing though, if you were to park on the pavement, on say Union Road in Ossy on a regular basis, I don't think i would be to long before there was a nice little ticket placed nicely behind your windscreen wipers:rolleyes:

jaysay 15-04-2009 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 704519)
yeah but like all good threads they wander a bit :D

Quite right accyman Wandering Walter would have had a field day on here:D

Bernard Dawson 15-04-2009 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 704557)
Would be nice to see if any one of them was prepared to act on this serious issue even though it was not in their elected ward. Not holding my breath but time will tell:(

My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune

cashman 15-04-2009 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 704614)
My view for what its worth Bernadette, is that illegal parking is illegal parking where ever it is in the town.

If the Council had been as diligent in enforcing the parking laws on Blackburn Rd, as we have been in the town centre we would have made a fortune

yeh but why haven't they?:confused:

mattylad 15-04-2009 12:16

Re the little wander off topic about stopping when a flashing blue light vehicle is behind you, As far as I know you are only required to stop when a "uniformed police officer" tells you to do so, so if the driver/passenger is not in full uniform (including hat) then you (As far as I know) do not need to pull over. They can get a marked vehicle to stop you if needed, at which point you are required to stop.

Bernard Dawson 15-04-2009 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704616)
yeh but why haven't they?:confused:

I don't really know why. If a illegal parking is treated the same, no matter which part of the Borough it might occur, than I would have thought that no one could have grounds for complaint.

It's not just Blackburn Rd. In Gt Harwood I am sure that double yellow lines must mean something different than what they do in the rest of the Borough.

cashman 15-04-2009 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson (Post 704811)
I don't really know why. If a illegal parking is treated the same, no matter which part of the Borough it might occur, than I would have thought that no one could have grounds for complaint.

It's not just Blackburn Rd. In Gt Harwood I am sure that double yellow lines must mean something different than what they do in the rest of the Borough.

that sums it up bernard, if peter is treated same as paul, much less problems n annoyance.

jaysay 16-04-2009 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 704815)
that sums it up bernard, if peter is treated same as paul, much less problems n annoyance.

I think the true responsibility lies with the fact that parking is now in the hands of local authorities and not the police, but there again police cars continually travel along Blackburn Road and don't do anything about this problem, maybe they are afraid of having the race card waved in their face by the do gooders:rolleyes:

Neil 16-04-2009 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 704531)

It is a good excuse to stop a car so they can check everything out

Neil 16-04-2009 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 704844)
I think the true responsibility lies with the fact that parking is now in the hands of local authorities and not the police

That is not completely the case.

Obstruction is still down to the Police.

jaysay 16-04-2009 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 704857)
That is not completely the case.

Obstruction is still down to the Police.

Well it actually looks like the wardens are leaving it to the police and the police leaving it to the wardens, like a mexican stand off, then nobody does out:rolleyes:

katex 16-04-2009 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 704865)
Well it actually looks like the wardens are leaving it to the police and the police leaving it to the wardens, like a mexican stand off, then nobody does out:rolleyes:

The police would only be involved with obstruction if affecting moving traffic, like if someone parked across the middle of the road, etc., or as per Accyman's post someone blocking the entrance to a property.

jaysay 17-04-2009 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 705132)
The police would only be involved with obstruction if affecting moving traffic, like if someone parked across the middle of the road, etc., or as per Accyman's post someone blocking the entrance to a property.

That's funny kate I got a ticket in 1986 for parking outside the Casualty department at BRI even though I was displaying a valid disabled badge and time clock. I was attending an emergency appointment on a Friday afternoon, the ticket was issued by a traffic cop, I was actually admitted and spent 2 weeks on the ward. I contact the LET regarding the matter and wrote to the chief constable stating my case, the fine was waved and they sent the money back :mosher:

katex 17-04-2009 09:56

Blooming hek Jaysay, you are going back a bit there .. if you look at the Blackburn and Darwen B.C.'s website, they took over parking problems from the Lancashire police in October, 2004. First paragraph.

Decriminalised parking : Parking : Transport and streets : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

jaysay 17-04-2009 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 705226)
Blooming hek Jaysay, you are going back a bit there .. if you look at the Blackburn and Darwen B.C.'s website, they took over parking problems from the Lancashire police in October, 2004. First paragraph.

Decriminalised parking : Parking : Transport and streets : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

I was wondering when the responsibility changed from Police to Council, maybe it was don't so as to allow the police to concentrate more on catching criminals, so quite obviously it failed:rolleyes:

accyman 17-04-2009 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 705240)
I was wondering when the responsibility changed from Police to Council, maybe it was don't so as to allow the police to concentrate more on catching criminals, so quite obviously it failed:rolleyes:

Truth is jaysay there isnt enough police and teh ones we have are held down with paper work , last time i spoke to one he told me just simply stopping somone and asking what they were up to meant 7 pages of paperwork to be filled in when he got back to the station:rolleyes:

cashman 17-04-2009 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 705248)
Truth is jaysay there isnt enough police and teh ones we have are held down with paper work , last time i spoke to one he told me just simply stopping somone and asking what they were up to meant 7 pages of paperwork to be filled in when he got back to the station:rolleyes:

yeh but it makes goverment figures look good, reason being most people can't be assed to report stuff.:rolleyes:

wadey 17-04-2009 20:01

I was attending an emergency appointment on a Friday afternoon, the ticket was issued by a traffic cop, I was actually admitted and spent 2 weeks on the ward."
Is it still parked there?

jaysay 18-04-2009 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadey (Post 705393)
I was attending an emergency appointment on a Friday afternoon, the ticket was issued by a traffic cop, I was actually admitted and spent 2 weeks on the ward."
Is it still parked there?

No wadey the wife came took it home:D although the ticked had been issued within 10 minutes of me parking there

derekgas 18-04-2009 14:43

Illegal parking doesnt just apply where yellow lines are present though does it? Double parking, parking in a bus bay, on zig zags, less than 15 feet from a corner, parking on the footpath, too far away from a kerb, just to cover one area, Dill Hall Lane is now a single track road in places because of double parking, with 2 wheels on the kerb, with many lost wing mirrors over recent months to show for it!

katex 01-05-2009 10:43

Eeew hek !

Labour leader ticketed while at Town Hall - News - Accrington Observer

Not sure I like the idea of a clamping company.

Mick 01-05-2009 10:49

Sorry Graham i did not send the photo of the car in honest :p only the ones i put on here do i send:cool:
as a side note i have not had one word back about this yet:rolleyes:

cashman 01-05-2009 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 709943)
Eeew hek !

me neither,unless they incorporate crushing wi it.:D

katex 01-05-2009 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 709946)
me neither,unless they incorporate crushing wi it.:D

No prisoners with you eh Cashy ... :D

jaysay 01-05-2009 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 709943)
Eeew hek !

Oh I don't know:D

katex 01-05-2009 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 709944)
Sorry Graham i did not send the photo of the car in honest :p only the ones i put on here do i send:cool:
as a side note i have not had one word back about this yet:rolleyes:

LOL ... that would have been funny.

Where did ya' send the photos Mick ? Very unlikely you will get any sort of conviction, however, acknowledgment thanking you for your concern blah, blah, blah would have been courteous.

Mick 01-05-2009 11:17

Sent to council department and police

katex 01-05-2009 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 709973)

Do you not read my posts ... :rolleyes::p

Try also at

[email protected]

We are paying these people to monitor our parking.

Mick 01-05-2009 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 709977)
Do you not read my posts ... :rolleyes::p

Try also at

[email protected]

We are paying these people to monitor our parking.

What Posts ???:confused::p

claytonender 01-05-2009 11:31

I also attended the St George's Day function at the Town Hall. I had intended parking a the side of the Town Hall (as this is where I usually park when I attend meetings of the Full council). However I read the notice about cars being liable to be clamped (and there were no times of when the clamping applied), so I decided to park in Dutton Street instead. I view of what happened to Graham I am very glad I did decided not to park there. Graham raised the matter at last Wednesday's Full Council meeting, but no one appeared to be able to give an answer as to why HBC were employing a clamping company to enforce the parking regulations in the area between the Town Hall and the Market Hall.

katex 01-05-2009 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 709980)
What Posts ???:confused::p

#52.

Lynx ... where are ya' ? Mick needs clout ... LOL.

claytonender 01-05-2009 11:34

Quote:

Mick can you send a copy of the photo to me at my HBC email address - [email protected] and I will pursue the matter with HBC and the police.

Gayle 01-05-2009 12:01

One thing I discovered last week.

If you have a parking ticket and you decide to appeal, all the appeals go through to the council and are seen by Cllr Britcliffe and Cllr Brian Roberts.

They then decide whether the ticket should stand or you win your appeal.

katex 01-05-2009 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 709983)
However I read the notice about cars being liable to be clamped (and there were no times of when the clamping applied), so I decided to park in Dutton Street instead.

If there are operational times Claytonender, then they must be displayed. This sign is incorrect and needs challenging.

katex 01-05-2009 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 709993)
One thing I discovered last week.

If you have a parking ticket and you decide to appeal, all the appeals go through to the council and are seen by Cllr Britcliffe and Cllr Brian Roberts.

They then decide whether the ticket should stand or you win your appeal.

As I understand it Gayle, a parking appeal goes through an independent adjudicator who should be a legally qualified lawyer who judges the evidence and has the final word .. :confused:

Gayle 01-05-2009 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 710010)
As I understand it Gayle, a parking appeal goes through an independent adjudicator who should be a legally qualified lawyer who judges the evidence and has the final word .. :confused:

Perhaps I misunderstood then. :o

katex 01-05-2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 710011)
Perhaps I misunderstood then. :o

Well, I 'aint no expert either ... :D

katex 01-05-2009 12:51

Just wondering Gayle, if this just applies to the 'special' contract between HBC and the clamping firm for outside the Market Hall then, not the LCC and Parkwise as the rest of the borough ... that could make sense then.

jaysay 01-05-2009 16:06

Having read the article, it seems it was a mistake by the firm concerned and the error has been rectified

andrewb 01-05-2009 17:16

I was at the event as well, there was too much free alcohol for the people I was with to bring their car. :D

It appears though that it has been rectified.

katex 01-05-2009 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 710076)
Having read the article, it seems it was a mistake by the firm concerned and the error has been rectified

Not clear though whether the Fixed Parking Notice has been 'removed from their system f.o.c (LOL)' or the actual parking sign has been rectified. :confused:

katex 01-05-2009 19:43

Quote:

Whatever Mick, the council (not sure if HBC) are obliged to reply to every complaint/query if only an automatic one. They can be slow sometimes though !

shillelagh 02-05-2009 01:24

how about this for a mistake?:D:D:D

BBC NEWS | England | Parking fine for unused tractor

jaysay 02-05-2009 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 710105)
Not clear though whether the Fixed Parking Notice has been 'removed from their system f.o.c (LOL)' or the actual parking sign has been rectified. :confused:

It was a bit vague, but I would think that if the ticket was issued in error then it will have been recinded kate, no doubt if it hasn't we will be hearing about it long and hard;)

katex 02-05-2009 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 710295)
It was a bit vague, but I would think that if the ticket was issued in error then it will have been recinded kate, no doubt if it hasn't we will be hearing about it long and hard;)

Oh yes, Jaysay, sorry I wasn't too clear either ... the ticket was certainly recinded ... just wondered if they were amending the notice too, to show hours of operation which must be shown, unless private land of course, which don't think this is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 710256)
how about this for a mistake?:D:D:D

BBC NEWS | England | Parking fine for unused tractor

LOL Shill, I loved this one too:-

Real Radio Northwest - 105.4fm :: Gran's 41mph Speed Rap For Mobility Scooter

accyman 02-05-2009 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 710093)
I was at the event as well, there was too much free alcohol for the people I was with to bring their car. :D

It appears though that it has been rectified.

yes they took a waggon :D

Mick 15-05-2009 21:26

Well i got this E-mail today .......the spelling mistakes are there's they obviously don't have a spell checker :D
poor do when they cant spell ACCRINGTON:D

Good Morning

Sorry for the delay in replying to your email, but I wanted to speak to the PCSO for Church and Milnshaw about the incidents. I sopke to Ian McCarroll last night, he attended a meeting of West Accrington Residents Association. He asked me to forward your pictures to him, which I have done. I know you reportes the orginal incident to the Police, did they give you a reference number? If you have any more problems, Ian's email address is Acrington.NPT at lancashire.pnn.police.uk and his telephone number is Accrington --------. I will let you know what action, if any, the Police propose taking about the incidents.

If you have any more problems please contact me, either by email or on --------

Regards
Joan

Councillor Joan Smith
Church Ward

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Hyndburn Borough Council
An Excellent Council - As Rated By The Audit Commission

accyman 15-05-2009 21:34

thats a very long way of saying sod all

katex 15-05-2009 23:00

As Flashy would say "deary, deary me" .... (no insult Flashy .. love it) ... cannot repeat enough the police will not be the least bit interested ... not their domain any more, and not a criminal offence, so why should they issue you a reference number.

Strange E-mail .. not Claytonenders usual style ... :confused:

claytonender 17-05-2009 21:27

Sorry if my email to Mick didn't sound like my usual style (and I must give Mick my apologies for the spelling). But when I send emails from my HBC email from home, it doesn't spellcheck the email.

derekgas 18-05-2009 18:49

Sending email from home? Is that 'within the rules'? :D :p

jaysay 19-05-2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 714924)
Sending email from home? Is that 'within the rules'? :D :p

And did she claim for it.

Okay I'll get my coat, the engine's running:D

Mick 19-05-2009 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 715010)

Okay I'll get my coat, the engine's running:D

I just hope its not parked on the pavement jaysay

Mick 06-06-2009 05:31

1 Attachment(s)
Well thanks the idiots this thread is being brought back up yet again sorry folks:D

This car was parked right near the Bus stop i took this photo and just after the owner came out of a shop with some milk got into his car and drove down the pavement past me and the bus stop to the next road :rolleyes:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...urn-road-1.jpg

jaysay 06-06-2009 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 719184)
Well thanks the idiots this thread is being brought back up yet again sorry folks:D

This car was parked right near the Bus stop i took this photo and just after the owner came out of a shop with some milk got into his car and drove down the pavement past me and the bus stop to the next road :rolleyes:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...urn-road-1.jpg

Have you sent a copy to the police mick, if you keep sending them they may eventually do something about it:(

accyman 06-06-2009 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 719189)
Have you sent a copy to the police mick, if you keep sending them they may eventually do something about it:(

and world peace will be acheived by 3pm this afternoon :D

Less 06-06-2009 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 719190)
and world peace will be acheived by 3pm this afternoon :D

Is that when the bomb get's dropped?
The one that destroys the whole human race?

accyman 06-06-2009 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 719198)
Is that when the bomb get's dropped?
The one that destroys the whole human race?

yes so you now have plenty of notice to boil an egg , eat it then go have a few pints down teh boozer

Less 06-06-2009 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 719201)
yes so you now have plenty of notice to boil an egg , eat it then go have a few pints down teh boozer

What a coincidence, today is the day I planned to give up, smoking drinking and sex I thought I might live longer!

accyman 06-06-2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 719204)
What a coincidence, today is the day I planned to give up, smoking drinking and sex I thought I might live longer!

those few hours will seem like years so mission acccomplished...

i thought you had given up on sex years ago anyway mate or is it just a loooong dry spell :D

Less 09-08-2009 19:01

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one for you Mick, What the heck for a change not parked with 2 wheels on the curb, all four of them.

Restless 09-08-2009 19:50

whats so attractive about that stretch of pavement?? hehe. People are always parking there outside laundrette

The worst driving offence i have witnessed.. me and a mate was sat in his car in the carpark back of where africas used to be when a woman drove into the carpark over the pavement where the pelican crossing is!!!!!

accyman 09-08-2009 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 734999)
Here's another one for you Mick, What the heck for a change not parked with 2 wheels on the curb, all four of them.

not only is there legal parking to his right down whatever the street is called to teh right but if he also went right 30 yards there is a carpark infact 2 carparks

god forbid he should get off his fat arse and walk a few yards

jaysay 10-08-2009 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 735020)
not only is there legal parking to his right down whatever the street is called to teh right but if he also went right 30 yards there is a carpark infact 2 carparks

god forbid he should get off his fat arse and walk a few yards

There's a guy parks his van with two wheels on the pavement on Merlin Drive every day whilst he visits some one on Mallard, its usually around lunch time, yet only ten yards further up is a bloody great big car park. This road is bad enough as its used as a rat run, but where he parks is only about 10 yards from a bend, one day there will be such a smash, is a wonder he hasn't received a ticket as the law is always knocking about, might be to much trouble for them to get out their car:(

andrewb 10-08-2009 10:00

I forwarded this thread to our MP some time ago. I received a response but I've left it at home. :rolleyes:

Basicly the police can and will tackle dangerous parking while wardens will be dealing with the issue too. They'll be issuing fines from what I can recall.. so it should stop soon enough if they go ahead.

Tealeaf 10-08-2009 10:42

Quote:

That,Less, is called a drug deal. Any self respecting businessman will want to make his customer feel comfortable when doing business.

katex 10-08-2009 22:08

Quote:

Technically, it is illegal - the order will be effective from the carriageway centre line to the back of the fooway. However, he's not causing an obstruction in the highway (which is what the solid line in bus stops is meant to prohibit).

It is very unlikely that he would get a ticket for this because there is too much 'grey area' for a parking attendant to risk it.

cashman 10-08-2009 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 735291)
Technically, it is illegal - the order will be effective from the carriageway centre line to the back of the fooway. However, he's not causing an obstruction in the highway (which is what the solid line in bus stops is meant to prohibit).

It is very unlikely that he would get a ticket for this because there is too much 'grey area' for a parking attendant to risk it.

thats true cos those cretins only like easy pickings.:rolleyes:

Mick 05-11-2009 07:22

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry but here we go again
as you can see there was plenty of room to park on the road but this guy had to block the pavement

flashy 05-11-2009 07:27

and the Police van sailed right passed it .... nice of them to realise wasnt it

accyman 05-11-2009 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 760652)
Sorry but here we go again
as you can see there was plenty of room to park on the road but this guy had to block the pavement

theres proof of what iv said before about the police simply driving by and doing jack sh1t about it, even if not a traffic cop they can still nick them or tell them to move on

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 760653)
and the Police van sailed right passed it .... nice of them to realise wasnt it

you posted the same time as me lol , what you have to remember here is its blackburn road and UK law is harder to enforce here for some reason

Mick 20-12-2009 07:30

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad-parking.jpgThey are still parking on the pavement

claytonender 20-12-2009 07:58

Mick I have sent you a message about the latest picture.

jaysay 20-12-2009 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 770922)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ad-parking.jpgThey are still parking on the pavement

That camera don't have come in useful mick:D

claytonender 21-12-2009 12:36

Mick I have just spoken to the PCSO and they will contact the owner of the vehicle.

derekgas 21-12-2009 12:55

I'm glad my white merc vito was parked in my drive, I may have got the blame :D

GypoDec 06-01-2010 21:19

Had my van parked further down bburn road outside Fatimahs just before little street,.... I was parked on the road and in a parking bay may i add.

When i came out of the shop i had been blocked in from both sides..... By a van parked on the pavement delivering to the paper shop and by a taxi left at the side of my van blocking the road with its hazards on and with no driver.

I WAS FUMING as i was stood waiting for a least 10 minutes, had a good mind to get in the van and drive into the side of the taxi.

SPUGGIE J 07-01-2010 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 760654)
theres proof of what iv said before about the police simply driving by and doing jack sh1t about it, even if not a traffic cop they can still nick them or tell them to move on

you posted the same time as me lol , what you have to remember here is its blackburn road and UK law is harder to enforce here for some reason

Unless there is a 100% certainty of making some dosh they will leave be esp as it is Blackburn Road. They dont want to upset the residents and be accused of picking on them because of who they are.

Mick 19-05-2010 12:48

1 Attachment(s)
Double parking

Neil 19-05-2010 12:58

I wish I had been driving up the road behind him :D

Less 19-05-2010 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 816012)
Double parking

I do apologise, most remiss of me, not to worry, I only park like that normally after a day on the ale, today must be an exception!
:D

Mick 20-05-2010 04:21

It was a woman waiting for her friend to get the takeaway.
(she saw me take this photo and got out of the car to ask why i was taking it) hehe

Tealeaf 20-05-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 816149)
(she saw me take this photo and got out of the car to ask why i was taking it) hehe

Maybe she thought you was a terrorist plotting to blow up the Kyber burger bar.

jaysay 20-05-2010 09:03

Quote:

You could have been really mischievous mick and said you were a police photographer:D

katex 20-05-2010 17:29

Quote:

So what did you say ? Great chassis luv.. :D

mallard 21-05-2010 11:49

That wont do anything a bout it they get a way with thease things