Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

Gobbiner17 21-06-2011 20:27

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

They're also the worse for honking their horns, any time of day or night, to get attention. I complained about it but they just told me it is not against the law. I don't drive any more but is that right? It was always in the Highway Code that horns should only be used for emergencies/danger.

heth 21-06-2011 21:13

Here you go Gobbiner17, rule number 112

Signals (103-112) : Directgov - Travel and transport

cashman 21-06-2011 21:15

all well n good having rules heth, pointless though if they aint enforced.;) example using mobiles whilst driving. pmsl

heth 21-06-2011 21:24

Oh I know Cashy, I cannot tell you how many times I have been in a taxi and they have started using their mobiles and i have told them to put the phone down straight away or I will report them and they can stop the car straight away as I want to get out.
They soon put the phone down but I still report them anyway.

One time when I rang the taxi office and spoke to the manager he told me that I were the third person that night to complain about this driver doing this, you can imagine my response to this so called manager :D

Gobbiner17 21-06-2011 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 913495)
Here you go Gobbiner17, rule number 112

Signals (103-112) : Directgov - Travel and transport

Thanks, Heth. I don't drive but it would appear I know the Highway Code better than Max Cabs...

"112
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn
while stationary on the road
when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger."

But I suppose the only way it would ever get enforced is if it happened outside policeman or MP's house and it was videoed :-(

derekgas 22-06-2011 05:24

Taxi drivers always sound their horn when they arrive to collect a fare, whether its a busy venue or a private dwelling, they will use the excuse that they dont want to leave the car because there is money in it, truth is they are too bone idle to get out and knock on a door or go into a pub and shout up!

jaysay 22-06-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 913498)
all well n good having rules heth, pointless though if they aint enforced.;) example using mobiles whilst driving. pmsl

Might be an idea if they were wrote in the appropriate language, its obvious they don't understand the English version:rolleyes:

shillelagh 01-08-2011 15:40

here you go .. they may be fining the ones who park on the pavement £70 ...

Plan to penalise Lancashire drivers who park on pavements (From Lancashire Telegraph)

the decision to be made on friday

A decision on whether to adopt the new rules will be taken by County Councillor Tim Ashton, cabinet member for highways and transport, on Friday, August 5.

Tealeaf 01-08-2011 16:06

I know this is a slight thread wander, but I know that in the rather grave circumstances the monitors won't mind.

Has anyone seen what's happening on the pavement right outside that newly opened dive bar on the corner of Church St and Blackburn Rd?
A great big 'A' board is being regularly placed on the pavement. Here's a picture:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...s-58564-9.html

This, of course, is both an obstacle to those busy young mums with prams and a hazardous safety issue to those who are visually challenged.
It won't be long before someone walks into that thing and breaks a leg or even worse.

So is HBC aware of this blatant disregard for commonsense safety issues? Has this bar applied for planning permission to stick this on the pavement?
When will HBC act against this two fingered inverted insult to the good people of Accrington?

heth 01-08-2011 16:10

Theres no picture???

Tealeaf 01-08-2011 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 922777)
Theres no picture???

I think you need a new computer. There is on mine...anyway, it's the last set of 3 piccy's published on the W*******oons thread, middle piccy, look at what's outside the entrance on Church St.

shillelagh 01-08-2011 16:25

agree with heth .. there is no picture ... you've linked it to the weatherspoons thread page 9 tealeaf ....

heth 01-08-2011 16:25

The link you put on takes you to page 9, the pics are on page 11!!
Seen it now!
I presume you mean Wadeys pics as I cant tell on your post here with all the ***?

Tealeaf 01-08-2011 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 922783)
agree with heth .. there is no picture ... you've linked it to the weatherspoons thread page 9 tealeaf ....

Yeah.....what's wrong with that? The pictures are there and the illegal A board is to be clearly seen on 2 of those 3 pictures.

heth 01-08-2011 17:29

See my post Tealeaf 313 and put your dummy back in! :D

Mick 02-08-2011 04:58

1 Attachment(s)
You mean this one

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...d-dscn0035.jpg

jaysay 02-08-2011 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 922875)

Billboards like that were illegal or they were when I ran a town centre DIY shop HBC told us to move them;)

Barrie Yates 02-08-2011 16:24

I can't understand why there are no Traffic Wardens, or whatever they are called now, in Accrington. There is illegal parking everywhere (on pavements, single & double yellow lines), yet car parks are free, cars for sale at the side of the road,which creates a hazard as well as being illegal.
Hyndburn revenues would be greatly increased and without penalising the general public, only the inconsiderate law breaking prats.

Neil 02-08-2011 16:56

If you look carefully you will see many of the yellow lines are not enforceable. The cars causing an obstruction should be easy enough for the Police to deal with, they just don't bother.

jaysay 02-08-2011 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 922987)
If you look carefully you will see many of the yellow lines are not enforceable. The cars causing an obstruction should be easy enough for the Police to deal with, they just don't bother.

Or they're frit;)

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 20:01

The car parks may be free, but a lot of people are just to boneidle to walk anywhere these days.
The police should make it known ( paper adds etc) that from a certain date any vehicle ilegally parked or causing an obstruction will be carted off. Make it a nice round £100 to get it back.
They would soon get the idea.
There is no excuses. Something needs doing and sooner rather than later.
There thats me soap boxing done. :mad::mad::mad:

cashman 02-08-2011 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 923032)
The car parks may be free, but a lot of people are just to boneidle to walk anywhere these days.
The police should make it known ( paper adds etc) that from a certain date any vehicle ilegally parked or causing an obstruction will be carted off. Make it a nice round £100 to get it back.
They would soon get the idea.
There is no excuses. Something needs doing and sooner rather than later.
There thats me soap boxing done. :mad::mad::mad:

Thats fine alan, but the ad needs to say "This also includes Blackburn Rd":rolleyes:

katex 02-08-2011 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 922875)

As an aside ... aren't those street lamps lovely.. :)

cashman 02-08-2011 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 923039)
As an aside ... aren't those street lamps lovely.. :)

the litter bins not so bad either.:rolleyes::D

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 923034)
Thats fine alan, but the ad needs to say "This also includes Blackburn Rd":rolleyes:

Oh i mean all the roads. Double yellows mean no parking, not no parking except. Don't think it would cost a lot to implement and would soon start paying for itself. :D:D:D

cashman 02-08-2011 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 923058)
Oh i mean all the roads. Double yellows mean no parking, not no parking except. Don't think it would cost a lot to implement and would soon start paying for itself. :D:D:D

i know yeh did but if not stressed in the add some may claim exemption.:D

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 21:15

With you now. The add would be perfectly clear, no exceptions. I would even volunteer to drive around and spot them. Reckon if i were a traffic cop or traffic warden, there would be a contract out on me. Lol. :D:D:D

Alan Varrechia 02-08-2011 21:40

Actually Cashy, i think i would be being far to nice giving out warnings in the paper. At the end of the day illegal parking is illegal.
Half the pratts nowadays can't even drive sensibly. It's not rocket science. :D:D

jaysay 03-08-2011 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 923058)

Take a look at most of the yellow lines Alan they have faded or are broken through road works etc, which simply means they're useless

jaysay 03-08-2011 09:46

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...ank308x385.jpg
Could this be the answer:D

DaveinGermany 17-08-2011 15:39

Just found this while browsing the news, could this be an answer to the parking problems ? :D

Video: Vilnius mayor runs over illegally parked car in a tank - Telegraph

Neil 17-08-2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 927328)
Just found this while browsing the news, could this be an answer to the parking problems ? :D

I like the one linking in the comments better, here it is

jaysay 17-08-2011 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 927328)

I put that on last week Dave:D

DaveinGermany 17-08-2011 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 927359)
I put that on last week Dave:D

Ah ! But mine was a motion picture. ;) :)

Bee 30-09-2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 909089)
The taxi does move but still comes back to park near enough in the same place.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/IMAG0036.jpg

The driver of the other taxi which is just passing shook his fist at me as I was about to take the photo.

The DVLA details for that taxi;......

Edit - I have removed the link because it no longer works - Neil

garinda 30-09-2011 18:46

It's enough to make you want to take on of those new flats opposite.

Sitting on one of the balcony, sipping a skinny latte, and shouting...

'Oi, Idiot!'

'What do you think you are doing parking there?'

Mick 22-06-2012 07:11

1 Attachment(s)
This car has been "parked" here for a few days now
Great parking when you need to take half the pavement up as well

jaysay 22-06-2012 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 999037)
This car has been "parked" here for a few days now
Great parking when you need to take half the pavement up as well

I've had a close look at the photo Mick but I can't see a parking ticket anywhere:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

accyman 25-06-2012 17:59

could you imagine how many dammaged cars would be down blackburn road if the god botherers from christ church moved down that way

Gremlin 30-06-2012 18:13

1 Attachment(s)
I stopped for a paper at the One Stop Shop on Blackburn road and had just time to get my phone and take the picture below.
I have cropped it down a bit because the faces of people were visible.

As I took the photo one local native shouted out in a mocking voice "Tell da Council".

maxthecollie 30-06-2012 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1000472)
I stopped for a paper at the One Stop Shop on Blackburn road and had just time to get my phone and take the picture below.
I have cropped it down a bit because the faces of people were visible.

As I took the photo one local native shouted out in a mocking voice "Tell da Council".

What would da council do?

Neil 01-07-2012 07:19

Looks like there is a parking bay and the car is still on the footpath. It's a police issue when the car is causing an obstruction not the council.

jaysay 01-07-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1000560)
Looks like there is a parking bay and the car is still on the footpath. It's a police issue when the car is causing an obstruction not the council.

Ya Neil but the police are only interested when a car is doing 35 mph in a 30 mile zone ££££££££££ lovely jubbly:rolleyes:

Gremlin 01-07-2012 18:28

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1000560)

Yes Neil, the car is half in a parking bay but the part of the bay where it was half parked says "loading only".

I took the photo when I got back in my car and I was parked in the half which is for any car.

jaysay 02-07-2012 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1000674)
Yes Neil, the car is half in a parking bay but the part of the bay where it was half parked says "loading only".

I took the photo when I got back in my car and I was parked in the half which is for any car.

You've no pity Gremlin, maybe the poor driver was blind:rolleyes:

Gremlin 02-07-2012 10:03

You never know John, maybe like many more who park there he got his licence by mail order.

Neil 02-07-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1000754)
You never know John, maybe like many more who park there he got his licence by mail order.

This video might explain how some get a licence

accyman 02-07-2012 14:02

as ludricous as it seems its quite true that in some countries all you have to do is drive in a straight line for a few feet and you pass your test.The even more ludricous part is that despite knowing this our government recognises the licences and allows them to be used in the UK

there is also an issue of fake polish and other EU countries licences that could be bought on ebay for around £20.Because our licence database dont link up with other EU countries and vice versa there is no way of checking the legality of the licence and this is also why our roads have unqualified HGV drivers from EU countries racing up and down our motorways sometimes ending with horriffic results.

things may have changed recently but thats how things stood 2 years ago when there was an investigation on it on one of those BBC undercover shows and its a pretty safe bet neither government will do anyting to change things because they wont want to uspet folk

jaysay 02-07-2012 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1000754)

Or his mate took his test for him:rolleyes:

Mick 19-08-2013 16:04

1 Attachment(s)
Still on this subject :D
here is another that cant park in the right place:mad:
looking at the load I am not sure what she was washing:confused:

westendlass 19-08-2013 17:49

Just depends who you are when parking. The laws a joke for ordinary folk. I think I might take to the open road and declare myself a traveller, I could spend the rest of my life doing what the hell I want, when I want and for free too! As a law abiding citizen I have to make sure I tow the line at all times at risk of invoking the wrath of the full force of the law if I get it wrong.

Mick 22-01-2014 06:55

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to bring this thread back up but these people that like parking in the wrong place are still at it on Blackburn road:D

maxthecollie 22-01-2014 07:58

I noticed that illegally parked van yesterday as well. They will probebly park with 4 wheels on the footpath when the bus lanes are built.

Neil 22-01-2014 15:42

I can't believe they are still wasting money doing bus lanes. Anyone know if Manchester have finished the trials yet where they allowed all vehicles to use bus lanes?

DAV007 25-01-2014 19:10

liverpool have suspended theirs, it has helped with congestion.

Local bus company arriva who charge passengers £2.20 if your going 1 stop or 20 stops dont like it.
Im glad they dont, its their own fault for being to expensive.

Mick 18-04-2014 06:34

1 Attachment(s)
Still no parking spaces on Blackburn road
but plenty on the pavement:rolleyes::eek:

cashman 18-04-2014 11:52

Typical, neither the Police nor the Council have the gonads to deal wi this problem, i'm sure they would if it was your van Mick.:mad::rolleyes: That is not conjecture it is FACT.:mad:

cashman 18-04-2014 19:19

By the way,this thread was started just oer 5 yrs ago, which was long after this issue was problem, The Police n Council are an UTTER DISGRACE. IMHO.:mad:

accyman 19-04-2014 00:39

HBC and the police should grow a set of balls and send a fleet of tow trucks down there and just drag them away regardless if anyone is in them or not

im sure it will be breaking some kind of health and safety rule or something but what about the health and safety of those using teh pavement or trying to drive out of side streets with tehir view obscured

eveything is geared up to protect the people who commit the problem

also red light jumping is getting worse its getting so bad theres no point in having traffic lights round here any more and its not just the asian areas its all over

its not a matte rof lack of police iv seen traffic officers witness red light jumping and done sod all about it

lazy bas**ds need to start doing tehir bloody jobs or quit and go play cop at mothercare on security

accyman 19-04-2014 00:52

sory for multiple posts but as an example of how lazy our traffic cops are i have been driving around now for 10 years without wearing a seatbelt and have only been pulled over once for it and that was in west yorkshire

in fairness though they did eventaully notice i wasnt wearing a seatbelt when they pulled me over because apparantly its unusual for someone to be driving near a hospital at 1 am at my age which at the time was 41 years of age

Neil 19-04-2014 10:35

Was that 9 years ago? :p

accyman 19-04-2014 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1102986)
Was that 9 years ago? :p

feels like it

i just tell folk im 50 now so they dont look suprised

Mick 26-05-2014 08:37

1 Attachment(s)
I think I will go for a coffee.... now where can I park ? I know anywhere I like :mad:

Less 02-06-2014 11:13

1 Attachment(s)
Not just the AA that will fix your car at the side of the road, the car spares place does as well.:)

westendlass 04-06-2014 08:51

Have you seen the end of Harvey Street where the garages and car wash are? I'm dodging death every day trying to get round them. There are cars and vans stuck out in to the road and on the double yellow lines but nothing has been done. Good on them for their industrious spirit but the location is terrible, right at the junction with Union Road.

accyman 04-06-2014 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1107655)
Have you seen the end of Harvey Street where the garages and car wash are? I'm dodging death every day trying to get round them. There are cars and vans stuck out in to the road and on the double yellow lines but nothing has been done. Good on them for their industrious spirit but the location is terrible, right at the junction with Union Road.

two of my cars have ended up in the repair shop because of that junction and on one occassion both me and my two children were hospitalised.Theres always a car paked at the junction to the right blocking your view and the way the idiots cut the corner when turning onto harvey street its no wonder theres as many crashes as tehre are.Its even worse just further up cars travel at around 70mph past a junction where children play and on a few occassons ive had near misses with people racing transit vans.

blackburn road is a problem but theres vey little enforcement in ossy either if you go down by the chip shops ,bank etc where there are zigzags that people are quite happy to park on because they know nothing will happen

the carwash place isnt too bad for leaving cars but teh garage further down causes a lot of problems especially when their taxi driving customers decide to dump their cars in the middle of teh road to chat to tehir friends or teh mechanic

westendlass 04-06-2014 10:39

I once saw a traffic warden across the road watching just after they'd added double yellow lines. A woman driver parked right on the lines in front of him but he didn't seem to bat an eyelid. As for the rest of Harvey Street, I've seen cars from that garage being test run at full speed from one end to the other. It only takes a dog to run in to the road from the playing fields causing the driver to swerve and mow whoever happens to be walking on the pavement down. It's an accident waiting to happen.

Neil 04-06-2014 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1107663)
I once saw a traffic warden across the road watching just after they'd added double yellow lines. A woman driver parked right on the lines in front of him but he didn't seem to bat an eyelid. As for the rest of Harvey Street, I've seen cars from that garage being test run at full speed from one end to the other. It only takes a dog to run in to the road from the playing fields causing the driver to swerve and mow whoever happens to be walking on the pavement down. It's an accident waiting to happen.

You must be mistaken, they have spent a fortune and made the busy bits at each end 20mph speed limits. Unfortunately they have messed up putting the speed limit signs up but most people wont have noticed.

cashman 04-06-2014 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1107667)
You must be mistaken, they have spent a fortune and made the busy bits at each end 20mph speed limits. Unfortunately they have messed up putting the speed limit signs up but most people wont have noticed.

That end of Harvey St is a nightmare fer pedestrians Neil, my missus is frightened of crossing yon n we walk up n down pretty regular yon, Its not much point spending n NOT even trying to enforce the regs.:(:rolleyes:

accyman 04-06-2014 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1107667)

they only made the ends of harvey street 20mph because it was a bourough wide incentive they didnt specially go out of teh way to do it.As it stands LCC have done absolutely sod all to make harvey street safe .

they need to stop parking at the end , make it so the exit is visable and make it so you cant park outside the pub,stop parents and players double parking their cars when the football pitch is in use especially on the brow of harvey street as that is extreemely dangerous for drivers and pedestrians....

i guess there hasnt been enough accidents or injuries yet to justify action been taken unless they are waiting for a decent death to motivate them

they did put a flashy thing up that says your speed but that gets broken easy enough when a car shoots past at 50 or so mph as it cant cope with the speed of teh cars trying to see how fast they can go in 300 yards

Gremlin 04-06-2014 19:25

2 Attachment(s)
No explanation needed.

Aussie Irene 05-06-2014 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1107554)
Not just the AA that will fix your car at the side of the road, the car spares place does as well.:)

Less, where on Blackburn Road was the picture taken. Also, very interesting to see cars parked facing each other

Less 05-06-2014 18:06

So, there I was wending my way home from a friendly afternoon, I'd called in and got a Chinese.
I walked under the viaduct and someone decided to park exactly where I was walking, I stopped, fortunately so did he, then he shouted for me to fook off out of the way because he wanted to park on the pavement.

Well, my children, as you know, I can be a touch stubborn when I choose, so I stood my ground and explained to this person that I was supposed to be allowed on the pavement, (me being a pedestrian), he insisted it was his parking space.

I could see nothing would convince him that he was wrong, so I got my 'phone out and started to take photographs, he put his car in gear and shot off no doubt realising he was in the wrong, perhaps he would have stayed longer had he known, the battery in my 'phone had died and needed re-charging over an hour before.
:D

accyman 05-06-2014 21:23

less i think you and this lady may be related :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zgr_Gg11U

Neil 06-06-2014 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1107670)
That end of Harvey St is a nightmare fer pedestrians Neil, my missus is frightened of crossing yon n we walk up n down pretty regular yon, Its not much point spending n NOT even trying to enforce the regs.:(:rolleyes:

It is bad for pedestrians. One of the problems is that the footpaths end at the entrances to the units so they cant do anything about cars parked in the entrances as that bit belongs to the unit and is not the footpath. What I find wrong is that if you cross the road to stay away from the garages and car wash places they have put obstructions on the footpath telling you they sell tyres or whatever making both sides hard to walk along.

shillelagh 07-06-2014 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1107765)
It is bad for pedestrians. One of the problems is that the footpaths end at the entrances to the units so they cant do anything about cars parked in the entrances as that bit belongs to the unit and is not the footpath. What I find wrong is that if you cross the road to stay away from the garages and car wash places they have put obstructions on the footpath telling you they sell tyres or whatever making both sides hard to walk along.

you want to borrow someones mobility scooter and drive it along there .. knocking them all down as you go along ... and if they complain say have you got planning permission for it and if they say yes .. just say where show me the proof .....

DaveinGermany 08-06-2014 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1107872)
you want to borrow someones mobility scooter and drive it along there .. knocking them all down as you go along ....

Ooh ... you little rebel rouser you! :)

shillelagh 08-06-2014 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1107892)
Ooh ... you little rebel rouser you! :)

moi? never im a little angel .. spugster says so .. and mick even says so sometimes :D ....if they shouldn't be there then why are they ... and its their own fault its been knocked down and driven over .. :D

accyman 10-06-2014 14:03

just witnessed an incident on harvey street where a nice driver working for the taxi company with a union jack on their cars decided to try forcing his way out of harvey street and nearly collided with a car.Naturally the taxi driver thought it would be best to scream abuse at the innocent party and screech of with customers in his car.

what a great advert for their company i hope his passengers made it to their destination in one piece because the way he drives its highly unlikely

Less 10-06-2014 20:58

Parking on Blackburn road

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1107986)

what a great advert for their company i hope his passengers made it to their destination in one piece because the way he drives its highly unlikely

That reminds me of a time going home from an AccyWeb meet, got into taxi I was sat next to driver, he headed towards the first drop in Ossy on 30 mph roads at 50.

I asked him to slow down to the proper limit, this he did for a short while then up went the speed again, this time to 60!

I told him to pull over we would walk from here.

Why? Said he, why? Said I, because if I want some sort of idiot to drive in this fashion I could have brought my own car and done it drunkenly myself.
He strangely, didn't complain about his tip, (he didn't get one), he did complain about the fact that I refused to pay the fare, I told him he could if he wished call the police to sort it, he decided not to take things any further.

We had a pleasant and safe walk home discussing similar things that the walrus & the carpenter did.
:)

Alan Varrechia 10-06-2014 22:40

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone recognise this!!

accyman 10-06-2014 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1108052)
Anyone recognise this!!

#

yeah my other halfs idea of reverse parking

i know that could be seen as sexist but it dosnt matter because she isnt even aware this site exists and will never know i said that :D

Gremlin 01-09-2014 15:37

1 Attachment(s)
I only had five minutes to spare but this car was there all that time.
Parked across a delivery entrance, on the footpath and on the zig zags of a pedestrian crossing.

accyman 01-09-2014 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1115368)
I only had five minutes to spare but this car was there all that time.
Parked across a delivery entrance, on the footpath and on the zig zags of a pedestrian crossing.

its ok its a mercedes

the more expensive your car is the less laws apply to you

the way our traffic wardens work that guy will probbably get an I.O.U for £60 not a fine

westendlass 01-09-2014 16:09

Some taxis have a 'wherever the hell you feel like ' permit which renders them untouchable and above the law! (And I stress the word some.).:rolleyes:

accyman 01-09-2014 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1115373)
Some taxis have a 'wherever the hell you feel like ' permit which renders them untouchable and above the law! (And I stress the word some.).:rolleyes:

i think you will find that after many years of seeing the brown ones getting away with murder the white ones have joined in and are just as bad.

it should have been nipped in the bud years ago because now its a free for all on the roads where zigzags , yellow lines and red lights especially mean sod all and although it may be a small percentage that jump red lights it only takes one to kill a family

Gordon Booth 01-09-2014 19:28

If, in the interests of 'Ethnic Sensitivity', you can overlook 1400 children being abused, what's a bit of illegal parking matter?

maxthecollie 01-09-2014 20:52

Wait until October, when we wont have to display a tax disc. How many untaxed ( and uninsured cars ) will be on Blackburn Road parked up . Our poor plod will not be able to keep up.

cashman 01-09-2014 21:05

Yeh can only keep up,if first yer trying too.:rolleyes:

accyman 02-09-2014 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1115435)
Wait until October, when we wont have to display a tax disc. How many untaxed ( and uninsured cars ) will be on Blackburn Road parked up . Our poor plod will not be able to keep up.

when a TRAFFIC officer comes up behind your car theres a machine that reads your number plate and tells the TRAFFIC officer if your car is taxed or not

im sure with the need for more officers to carry out the task of checking all these cars the government will be employing more police..

oh hang on didnt they recently fire a load off

Barrie Yates 02-09-2014 17:32

When are our Councillors and MP going to take note of what is being posted on this thread - or are they also bound by Political Sensitivity?

Gordon Booth 02-09-2014 18:11

Well I saw Ken Moss was this thread but so far-no comment.

duggie 02-09-2014 19:37

Looks like our police and parking enforcement have the same attitute to illegal asian parking as rotherham council and thier lack of action against paedofiles
we dont want to be seen to target these people just in case they play the race card do we !!!! Same old story one rule for us and one for them

Barrie Yates 02-09-2014 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1115528)
Well I saw Ken Moss was this thread but so far-no comment.

Not holding my breath Gordon - when ever have you known a politician answer a question directly?:rolleyes:

accyman 03-09-2014 11:06

parking on zigzags is a 3 points on your licence offence but what good is it when traffic wardens cant give penalty points and the police no longer consider parking violations their job.Once it hits 6pm the traffic wardens finish work for the day so for teh rest of the evening and niight no one is enforcing the law regarding parking violations.

iv seen a traffic cop pull up behind two cars at the platts social club lights that were blocing teh road while they chatted car window to car window despite the lights changing to green and wait patiently for them to finish talking.One of them at one point got out of his car to shake hands with someone in the back of the opposite car and still the copper waited patiently as blackburn road and willows lane was brought to a standstill.

the most laughable and farceacle excuse i have ever heard in my life came from our very own lancashire county council when i enquired as to why we dont have red light jumper cameras like they do in places like huddersfield..

they wont install them in accrington because they have had to disable them in preston and heres teh reason why ..

when someone jumps a red light the flash from the camera was distracting them and making them brake hard which resulted in the car behind going into the back of them..

my question is what is the car behind a red light jumper doing going through a red light ?

someone asked why our local MP and councilors wont do anything about this and the answer is simple you cant get a photo op kicking the police and council up their arses to do their damn jobs the same way you can cleaning a canal bank or planting a tree and it certainly dosnt provide the same amount of media coverage as MP in talks with UN in gazza or MP battles malaria.

if it aint gonna get good coverage or be a vote earner it aint gonna get fixed

i wouldnt mind but there would be thousands of pounds made in revenue if they enforced the law theres a lot of money been missed out on here lol

DaveinGermany 04-12-2014 19:38

Maybe, just maybe, you need to start a thread like this. ;)

Britain's worst drivers named and shamed on Facebook in popular 'Parking Like A T***' page | UK | News | Daily Express

Less 04-12-2014 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1125409)

I don't think so, parking like a T*** is just something the ignorant do, T***ting up free flow on B'burn Rd happens because people with brown voices know (notice know, not ignorance), they can get away with it in this area, so long as they stick to illegal parking the rest of us will be safe, though there have been a few cases of mob violence in the area as well. Fortunately, up until now, these incidents only seemed to involve one ethnic race attacking members of their own ethnic race.
Could parking be the thin edge of the wedge? Should our authorities clamp down on the minor offence to prevent having to wear riot gear whilst dealing with a more dangerous offence?
:(

Barrie Yates 04-12-2014 22:20

Driving along Blackburn Rd today whilst evading all the illegally parked vehicles I saw that we - or at least the Council, are again displaying Religious Insensitivity - Christmas Lights in an largely Muslim area really is going against British standards of Racial and Religious tolerance.
I do wonder how much this display actually cost this year? But in all fairness I must commend whoever is responsible for further wasting tax payers money on such a pathetic display.

Less 04-12-2014 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1125425)
Driving along Blackburn Rd today whilst evading all the illegally parked vehicles I saw that we - or at least the Council, are again displaying Religious Insensitivity - Christmas Lights in an largely Muslim area really is going against British standards of Racial and Religious tolerance.
I do wonder how much this display actually cost this year? But in all fairness I must commend whoever is responsible for further wasting tax payers money on such a pathetic display.

Hey, the display doesn't go all the way along B'burn Rd. and for your information the area isn't largely Muslim, it just appears largely Muslim because the rest of us can't buy a pork pie or bacon butty along the full length of that road.

We still have a couple of Churches along that Rd. Must admit though, the chances of folk like me going to them are as remote as folk like me going to a Mosque!

:)

Neil 05-12-2014 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1125425)

Blackburn road is one of the main routes into town and where you would expect to have Christmas lights. Please don't give us the religious insensitivity nonsense, this is a mainly Christian country, don't like it, don't live here, it's as simple as that