Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

duggie 24-02-2011 22:30

parking on Blackburn Road

Can somebody please tell me why it is now common practice to park half on the pavement half in the road straggling double yellow lines. This is a very common practice between the traffic lights at the top of Oxford street and the bottom of Lonsdale St, why do the traffic wardens walk past these cars, seen with my own eyes today

cashman 24-02-2011 22:32

Re: parking on Blackburn Road

been goin on fer years, theres a thread wi pics about it somewhere.

Neil 24-02-2011 22:40

We have discussed this before and I think the general opinion of members is that parking rules dont apply to that section of road.

Tealeaf 24-02-2011 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 886931)
We have discussed this before and I think the general opinion of members is that parking rules dont apply to that section of road.

Yeah, you don't get parking rules in Sharia Law.

Neil 24-02-2011 23:00

I have no idea what you mean.

accyman 25-02-2011 22:06

as i have mentioned before a clampdown in teh area was attempted but it was printed in the press that it was abandoned and given up on as the people that way simply refused to learn their lesson

personaly i would have started seizing cars and crushing them until they took notice but alas it was easier for the council to run with its tail between its legs

get the resposability back into teh polices hands as after 5pm the traffic wardens go home.I would rather see extra police than traffic wardens that are too scared to go down there and do their jobs

mind you i have seen the police turn a blind eye on more than one occasion to people parked on zigzags which is a 3 point penalty and fine.Traffic wardens cant give the points either just the fine

Stumped 26-02-2011 19:19

Nearly got scooped up yesterday whilst crossing over the bottom of Willows Lane at 6pm by, not ONE, but TWO young Asian drivers who ran the red lights when turning off Blackburn Road. And yes, before anyone asks, the green man indicating 'safe to cross' was illuminated in my favour. Seems like traffic signals are there to be ignored as well.

shillelagh 26-02-2011 19:37

was in town late on this afternoon ... and saw a parking warden out and about .. checking a car that was parked in the parking bay at the side of the townhall on union street .. he was writing a ticket ...and a man was walking past with his grandkid .. and he said to the grandkid .. they want to attract people to accrington and they give em a parking ticket thats one that wont be back ..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

Neil 26-02-2011 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 887620)
..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

Why, because he was moaning? :rolleyes::D:D

cashman 26-02-2011 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 887620)
was in town late on this afternoon ... and saw a parking warden out and about .. checking a car that was parked in the parking bay at the side of the townhall on union street .. he was writing a ticket ...and a man was walking past with his grandkid .. and he said to the grandkid .. they want to attract people to accrington and they give em a parking ticket thats one that wont be back ..... i nearly asked him if he was a member of accyweb!!!:D:D:D

That would be fine if they were even handed about things, the fact Blackburn Rd is virtually ignored is what irks many people.

robot1002 26-02-2011 22:55

The car you spotted being booked was posably mine, Shillelagh...4-26PM was the time on the ticket if that will help. I have a disabled badge, and parked at 2 PM... Oh no, I should have moved the car by 4 PM...On a Saturday ? at late afternoon ? Not a lot of people or traffic about ? Why was this so criminal? Was the mayoral hellicopter about to land in my parking bay..Should I have told someone that the badge was issewed by the Christie Hospital because I have Leukaemia..We began with parking on the pavement and straddling double yellow lines on Blackburn road ..If the police got it together they could make £10.000 a week in fines on this section of road...I have seen police cars just drive passed offenders as if they where not there...Me ? I would end up on a charge if I did it....What's going on ??

cashman 26-02-2011 23:04

I got a ticket 10 yrs ago on the arndale car park, fer not displaying me green badge, had just bin to wifes funeral day before n me head was up me arse, but made no difference, jeez it is a FREE car park,:rolleyes: shoulda parked on Blackburn rd.:(

shillelagh 26-02-2011 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot1002 (Post 887660)
The car you spotted being booked was posably mine, Shillelagh...4-26PM was the time on the ticket if that will help. I have a disabled badge, and parked at 2 PM... Oh no, I should have moved the car by 4 PM...On a Saturday ? at late afternoon ? Not a lot of people or traffic about ? Why was this so criminal? Was the mayoral hellicopter about to land in my parking bay..Should I have told someone that the badge was issewed by the Christie Hospital because I have Leukaemia..We began with parking on the pavement and straddling double yellow lines on Blackburn road ..If the police got it together they could make £10.000 a week in fines on this section of road...I have seen police cars just drive passed offenders as if they where not there...Me ? I would end up on a charge if I did it....What's going on ??

it was roundabout that time ...

accyman 26-02-2011 23:59

Quote:

I have seen police cars just drive passed offenders as if they where not there...Me ? I would end up on a charge if I did it....What's going on ??

the police and traffic wardens also ignore taxi drivers that either park up or park up and leave their vehicle on the roundabout outside the yorkshirebank.As far as im aware your not supposed to park on roundabouts regardless of what your colour or job is and are most definatly not supposed to cause an obstruction forcing people to reverse on a roundabout so they can swing their car around to turn around

its also quite common for taxis to block traffic on union street because they are waiting to park outside farmfoods.God forbid they move on because there isnt room for them they just sit blocking the road until theres a space and again police and traffic wardens walk past doing nothing

Benipete 27-02-2011 09:21

Quote:

Something wrong here.If you have a blue badge you can park on double yellow lines for 3 hours unless there are vertical lines an the pave edgings or there are other exceptions that are sign posted.

I would challenge the ruling,There should be a contact phone number on the ticket.

I have had to do this 3 times now and each time the fine was waived.:alright:

Mick 27-02-2011 09:27

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Have merged these two threads as they are the same subject

Benipete 27-02-2011 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 887701)
Have merged these two threads as they are the same subject

Hope you gave way to the thread on the right,:D

jaysay 27-02-2011 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 887705)
Hope you gave way to the thread on the right,:D

In around-about sort of a way Beni:D

Stumped 27-02-2011 15:16

I know it's not a busy thoroughfare, but have you tried pushing a pram or even walking down Edgar Street lately? The taxi crews down there are regularly parked two abreast, stradding the pavement and jabbering to each other in whatever idiom they can muster - and to hell with pedestrians.

Less 27-02-2011 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 887833)
I know it's not a busy thoroughfare, but have you tried pushing a pram or even walking down Edgar Street lately? The taxi crews down there are regularly parked two abreast, stradding the pavement and jabbering to each other in whatever idiom they can muster - and to hell with pedestrians.

It's busy enough for me, leads up to one of my favourite haunts, they don't like it when you demand to use the pavement, sometimes get quite abusive when squeezing between them and the wall and their mirror gets 'accidentely' knocked back.

But of course, there is no recourse against them, yellow lines, pedestrian crossings, etc, mean nothing in today's society.
:(

Less 27-02-2011 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 887845)
But of course, there is no recourse against them, yellow lines, pedestrian crossings, etc, mean nothing in today's society.
:(

Unless of course you live or work on B'burn Rd. Then they mean free parking for residents & other law abiding citizens.

accyman 27-02-2011 16:08

the amount of taxis i see with defective brake lights,headlights etc is dunbfounding considering taxis are supposed to have 3 MOT's a year.I rang the council asking if they still carried out spotchecks as i couldnt believe so many taxis were allowed to operate in an unroadworthy condition and putting passengers safety at risk.I was informed that i should get the numberplate and they would look into it to which i pointed out that it was not my job after been blinded by the extra bright 1 working headlight to turn my car around and start a persuit it was theres to do checks on vehicles they hand taxi licences to.

it may seem like a small gripe but if you were in a taxi and its one working headlight dazzled a driver and it ended up in a head on collision that would be your night out ended pretty sharply.

i know ordianry civilian cars have the same neglect and theres not enough been done about this either but taxis are resposible for transporting the public including school runs for children

i have also witnessed taxis transporting children jump the red lights resulting in near misses at the dill hall lane lights and again theres no measures in place to punish them for it because the police cant use the footage on cameras there to prosecute

robot1002 27-02-2011 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 887696)
Something wrong here.If you have a blue badge you can park on double yellow lines for 3 hours unless there are vertical lines an the pave edgings or there are other exceptions that are sign posted.

I would challenge the ruling,There should be a contact phone number on the ticket.

I have had to do this 3 times now and each time the fine was waived.:alright:

Thank's for your comments Benipete on the 3 hour rule ( parking on double yellow lines) Where I was parked facing the town hall end, the sign says 2 hours with no return within 1 hour.This is a five car bay and did go over my 2 hours , by 26 mins...I will challenge this certainly, and I will let you know the outcome.......Tony,.

Benipete 27-02-2011 17:01

Same thing happened to me outside Williams and Glynns bank but I just got a warning.:confused:
Now instead of using the parking bay I park on the double yellows and block the road.Well If it makes them happy why not.:tongueout:D:D

Less 27-02-2011 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 887864)
Same thing happened to me outside Williams and Glynns bank but I just got a warning.:confused:
Now instead of using the parking bay I park on the double yellows and block the road.Well If it makes them happy why not.:tongueout:D:D

He's not lying, because of this, it really does make it awkward for me to get my car out these days when I've had a few.

Neil 27-02-2011 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by robot1002 (Post 887859)
Thank's for your comments Benipete on the 3 hour rule ( parking on double yellow lines) Where I was parked facing the town hall end, the sign says 2 hours with no return within 1 hour.This is a five car bay and did go over my 2 hours , by 26 mins...I will challenge this certainly, and I will let you know the outcome.......Tony,.

What is there to challenge?
You were caught 26 minutes over which you admit to.

yerself 27-02-2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil

Totally agree. First sensible post you've made in ages.

Alan Varrechia 27-02-2011 17:54

Just do like lots of others seem to be doing and park in tescos car park.

Benipete 27-02-2011 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 887875)

The challenge is that if you are allowed to park on double yellow lines for 3 hours it is reasonable to assume the same applies to parking bays as indeed in the parking bays behind the Nags Head the parking restrictions do not apply to disabled badge holders.

Not to mention that most of the parking lines and signs are illegal in Accrington anyway.

Neil 27-02-2011 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 887896)
The challenge is that if you are allowed to park on double yellow lines for 3 hours it is reasonable to assume the same applies to parking bays as indeed in the parking bays behind the Nags Head the parking restrictions do not apply to disabled badge holders.

Not to mention that most of the parking lines and signs are illegal in Accrington anyway.

It is reasonable to expect you to read the parking restriction plate when you park. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Benipete 27-02-2011 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 887926)
It is reasonable to expect you to read the parking restriction plate when you park. Ignorance is not an excuse.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_186198.pdf

Read on.Try page 18.

accyman 27-02-2011 22:07

Quote:

Badge holders may park for as long as they wish unless signs say otherwise
is there a sign that says otherwise where you parked ?

Benipete 27-02-2011 22:13

Not when I got my warning but this is not that time,However I doubt very much that there is.

It was Robot1002 that was asking so I just tried to help,as you do.

BERNADETTE 27-02-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 887833)

Nothing new there then, was like that when my eldest grandchild was a baby and she will be sixteen this time. Don't hold your breath for things changing anytime soon, as it was reported then and things have just got worse since re parking:(

Mr Aleks 28-02-2011 16:22

Three cars parked on double yellow lines today got wing mirrors took off with a merc sprinter. God bless the white van man. It was nice to see the owners running out of the kebab shop!

Neil 28-02-2011 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Aleks (Post 888091)
Three cars parked on double yellow lines today got wing mirrors took off with a merc sprinter. God bless the white van man. It was nice to see the owners running out of the kebab shop!

Did you have fun? :D

jaysay 28-02-2011 18:03

Quote:

You mean sod:eek::eek::eek::eek:You didn't get any photos to show the rest of use so we could all have a good laugh:D:D:D

Stumped 28-02-2011 18:19

Quote:

Give that man a medal.

accyman 28-02-2011 18:24

Quote:

they were probably running out so they could jump into tehir cars and claim whiplash ;)

jaysay 28-02-2011 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 888140)
they were probably running out so they could jump into tehir cars and claim whiplash ;)

They'd probably put a claim in before leaving the shop;)

Mr Aleks 28-02-2011 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 888101)
Did you have fun? :D

Unfortunately it was not me Neil got made redundant again on Friday. But if it was me id have waited till they all crossed the road on the way to mosque! And it wouldnt have been a van either. Id have borrowed the local farmers combine harvester!!!

Que racist comment from PC do gooder!

duggie 28-02-2011 20:41

Quote:

did i only get three, could have sworn it was 5 lol

jaysay 01-03-2011 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by duggie (Post 888179)
did i only get three, could have sworn it was 5 lol

Must do better duggie:D

Mick 09-05-2011 06:03

1 Attachment(s)
A well known Taxi firm great parking (whats wrong with the road for a change):mad:

Neil 09-05-2011 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 904798)
A well known Taxi firm great parking (whats wrong with the road for a change):mad:

Why have you blanked out the reg and taxi number?
It was taken in a public lace so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

lancsdave 09-05-2011 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 904804)
It was taken in a public lace so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

Thats not how they see it, the pavements are for private parking ;)

jaysay 09-05-2011 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 904815)
Thats not how they see it, the pavements are for private parking ;)

There's a difference between parking a Yak cart and a car though Dave:rolleyes:

Gremlin 09-05-2011 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 904798)

I was waiting at the same junction for the lights to change when a car which had been parked on the footpath set off. He drove past the red light and cut out into Blackburn road while traffic was still exiting from Londsdale street.
A dark skinned man was driving and the name on the door was something like MAX.

heth 10-05-2011 07:01

Nice one Gremlin!! :D

They dont care do they? Aparently I have heard that traffic lights dont apply to taxi's just like seat belts!

Mick 10-05-2011 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 904948)
I was waiting at the same junction for the lights to change when a car which had been parked on the footpath set off. He drove past the red light and cut out into Blackburn road while traffic was still exiting from Londsdale street.
A dark skinned man was driving and the name on the door was something like MAX.

Sorry Gremlin this guy was white and just came out the laundrette.
so not the same one

Gremlin 10-05-2011 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 905033)
Sorry Gremlin this guy was white and just came out the laundrette.
so not the same one

I realize that Mick, the incident I saw occurred during the snowy months and the car was a different make and colour. It shouldn't have happened anyway.

Another day I parked in the lay-by outside the new shop near the Acorn medical centre to get a news paper. A chap came out of another shop, his car was parked on the footpath square on to the road and he was blocked in by my legal parking. He had to wait while I bought the paper, the words he spoke to me caused me great discomfort and I feared for my life.
I will have to accept the fact that since I passed my driving test in 1957 the rules of the road have changed, no longer is a it a requirement to give hand signals to indicate a turn or slow down and so forth and be considerate to other road users.

DaveinGermany 10-05-2011 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 905049)
his car was parked on the footpath square on to the road and he was blocked in by my legal parking. He had to wait while I bought the paper, the words he spoke to me caused me great discomfort and I feared for my life.

I'd have just turned round & gone back in (after getting his reg in case he hit mine by trying to squeeze out) & made the clown wait even longer. Petty I know but highly gratifying.:)

***Mr D*** 10-05-2011 17:35

Quote:

It was taken in a public place so no legal reason for doing so. Naming and shaming might actually do some good.

Thought exactly the same thing.

accyman 10-05-2011 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905159)

as mick uses his real name and has his picture featured quite a lot in the gallery and obviously spends time in the area you cant really blame him for not wanting to upset someone by posting their car details as it wouldn't be too hard to find him if someone chose to take offense and seek retribution.

would hate for his next picture of a taxi to be taken from the underneath :D

DaveinGermany 11-05-2011 08:56

Quote:

Some might see this view as rather authoritarian & radical, somewhat like police intervention about perceived intentions. :)

Quote:

Rather inconsistent isn't it "D" ? ;) :)

Neil 11-05-2011 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 905276)
as mick uses his real name and has his picture featured quite a lot in the gallery and obviously spends time in the area you cant really blame him for not wanting to upset someone by posting their car details as it wouldn't be too hard to find him if someone chose to take offense and seek retribution.

would hate for his next picture of a taxi to be taken from the underneath :D

Fair enough I suppose.

If any members feel they would like to post a picture of parking on Blackburn Road or anywhere else but are worried about posting it yourself just pm me and I will give you my email address to send your pictures to and I will post them for you with a comment they are from a member with no names mentioned.

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 905315)

Rather inconsistent isn't it "D" ? ;) :)

Again I dont understand you? Whats Inconsistent?

accyman 11-05-2011 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905368)

its when you do the exact same thing over and over again but differently each time..

hang on i knew this Oxfird Dictionary didnt look legit i think its one of jaysays bootlegs editions of the English language :D

jaysay 11-05-2011 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 905415)
its when you do the exact same thing over and over again but differently each time..

hang on i knew this Oxfird Dictionary didnt look legit i think its one of jaysays bootlegs editions of the English language :D

Hey accyman you leave me out of this Mr D can confuse himself with out any help from you:D

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 905415)

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was something to do with bowel movements.:D:D

jaysay 11-05-2011 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905433)
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was something to do with bowel movements.:D:D

Well that could actually been right as there's one of them every time you appear on here:D:D because the place is littered with it;)

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 905455)
Well that could actually been right as there's one of them every time you appear on here:D:D because the place is littered with it;)

I never usually post about politics though.;)

DaveinGermany 11-05-2011 18:51

Quote:

Your dalliance in respect to plod & minions, it's okay to make an issue about illegal parking & those involved should be brought to book, a sentiment you agree with, yet when your "illegal" protesters are held up to the same standards you do not concur.

Both exercises are "illegal" & should be punished as such, yet your reactions to one case is at odds with the accepted procedures & in your opinion not deserving of punishment hence the observation of "inconsistency".

Please take time out in future to read carefully, ponder & digest my comments as I find it rather tiresome explaining the minutiae & nuances repeatedly. :)

odders 11-05-2011 20:21

Quote:

Woosh..............................straight over the head:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 905465)
Your dalliance in respect to plod & minions, it's okay to make an issue about illegal parking & those involved should be brought to book, a sentiment you agree with, yet when your "illegal" protesters are held up to the same standards you do not concur.

Both exercises are "illegal" & should be punished as such, yet your reactions to one case is at odds with the accepted procedures & in your opinion not deserving of punishment hence the observation of "inconsistency".

Please take time out in future to read carefully, ponder & digest my comments as I find it rather tiresome explaining the minutiae & nuances repeatedly. :)

Could you make it more clear;) I ain't taking bets.;)

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 20:32

Quote:

Why have you blanked out the reg and taxi number? It was taken in a public place so no legal reason for doing so.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 905465)

Sorry Dave I should of been more acurate in my postings I have now edited and left the part I was reffering to (My Fault).

But as Accyman has pointed out its not in Micks interst to leave them on.

Also how are the protesters "Illegal"?

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 905487)
Woosh..............................straight over the head:rolleyes:

Could you make it more clear;) I ain't taking bets.;)

Not at all. I asked the reasoning for his alligation.:rolleyes:

odders 11-05-2011 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905499)
Not at all. I asked the reasoning for his alligation.:rolleyes:

Most people read most posts and threads, and people clearly see mistakes and things that are questionable.;)

***Mr D*** 11-05-2011 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 905504)
Most people read most posts and threads, and people clearly see mistakes and things that are questionable.;)

Your point being.:confused:

cashman 11-05-2011 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905510)

i think his point is you don't.:D

odders 12-05-2011 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905510)

NO point, clearly a judgement of what has been read, and typed on many threads:rolleyes:

Your posts are questionable, your failure to understand DIG, and having to resort to editing a post:o

Mick 12-05-2011 05:31

Can we please keep this thread on topic thanks

accyman 12-05-2011 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 905576)
Can we please keep this thread on topic thanks

im not saying potholes are getting bad on Blackburn road but taxis are even parking in them as well now :eek:

http://www.power104.fm/powerblogs/Ja...arking-job.jpg

jaysay 12-05-2011 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 905580)
im not saying potholes are getting bad on Blackburn road but taxis are even parking in them as well now :eek:

http://www.power104.fm/powerblogs/Ja...arking-job.jpg

Thats not Blackburn Road accyman, you can actually see yellow lines which are not faded ;)

DaveinGermany 12-05-2011 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 905497)
Also how are the protesters "Illegal"?

How much more mileage are you going to get out of this ? :rolleyes: I'm not going down that road again ! :D As Mick says, let's keep on topic, that being the Blackburn road as we've had quite a few diversions of late ! ;) :s_aim1:

See what I've done there ??? :D:D:D

Mick 18-05-2011 14:18

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like this area is the new permanent parking area for taxi's
this photo was taken yesterday.

Mick 18-05-2011 14:21

1 Attachment(s)
And this one was taken today

cashman 18-05-2011 14:35

Perhaps hes broke down driving down the pavement?:hehetable

ossylass 18-05-2011 16:25

---and they'll have even more parking space when the barriers are taken down!:(

shillelagh 18-05-2011 18:11

does hyndburn council not have a taxi licensing committee ... where you can put complaints in about taxi's ....

Neil 18-05-2011 18:30

like the taxi I saw the other day in Church, he had someone in with him and it was raining but his wipers did not work

jaysay 18-05-2011 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 907207)
like the taxi I saw the other day in Church, he had someone in with him and it was raining but his wipers did not work

:confused::confused:Isn't that against the law;););)

Neil 18-05-2011 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907208)
:confused::confused:Isn't that against the law;););)

Even if it is not raining

jaysay 18-05-2011 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 907211)
Even if it is not raining

Now your just being pedantic:D

Neil 18-05-2011 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 907213)
Now your just being pedantic:D

I am sure they have to work all the time

accyman 18-05-2011 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 907201)
does hyndburn council not have a taxi licensing committee ... where you can put complaints in about taxi's ....

i don't recall the name of the department but when i rang to complain about how many taxis we had in an unroadworthy condition transporting not only adults but children on school runs in the area they put me through to someone to do with the taxis.

however dont hold your breath for a sensible answer like "we will look into this" as i was advised to spin my car around and proceed with a hot pursuit so i could take the taxis details and ring them up so that they could look into the matter.Somehow it is my job to pursue the vehicle and take notes down whilst driving :rolleyes:

god forbid they went down to taxi ranks and carry out basic spot checks like headlights working for starters,brake lights etc :rolleyes:

MargaretR 18-05-2011 21:08

I am sure I have read something in the local press websites within the last week, about a recent police blitz on illegal taxis in Accrington.

I have just had a browse at the LET website but can't find it.

It specifically mentioned Blackburn Rd as one of the two places police lurked, and said that some vehicles were ordered 'off road' immediately, and some drivers were found to have no licence.

Did anyone else see it? or have I had another deja vu moment so it will happen next week:confused:

PS found it
http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/ne...out_by_police/

cashman 18-05-2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 907207)

Thats nowt have just come down Milnshaw Lane was one teararsing up wi NO HEADLIGHTS on, was 4 passengers in.:eek:

Mick 28-05-2011 04:44

1 Attachment(s)
Well this taxi is NOT broken down it has moved so must be his parking spot and sod anyone that has to get passed on the pavement.

Gremlin 28-05-2011 07:40

The taxi does move but still comes back to park near enough in the same place.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/IMAG0036.jpg

The driver of the other taxi which is just passing shook his fist at me as I was about to take the photo.

jaysay 28-05-2011 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 909089)

The driver of the other taxi which is just passing shook his fist at me as I was about to take the photo.

I hope you got his number Gremlin

Bee 05-06-2011 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 909089)

The number for the taxi is;
DY55 WJZ

walkinman221 05-06-2011 16:12

I actually saw a traffic warden only the other day, down that way booking cars parked illegally:eek::eek::eek::mosher:,about time too.

Mick 19-06-2011 06:52

1 Attachment(s)
They are now queuing up to park on the pavement its getting very hard to get near the bus stop
:mad:

Gremlin 19-06-2011 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 910559)
The number for the taxi is;
DY55 WJZ

Well spotted Bee, ten out of ten for observation.

Neil 19-06-2011 08:02

I saw that taxi with a passenger in yesterday on Blackburn road, he had his mobile phone held to his ear talking away

jaysay 19-06-2011 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 913069)
Well spotted Bee, ten out of ten for observation.

Ya Gremlin there's nout wrong with his eyesight:rolleyes:

Tealeaf 21-06-2011 17:06

This might may some of you happy.

Sunday lunchtime, I started to walk up Edgar Street towards Blackburn Rd to go to Tesco's; As usual, I had a shopping bag over my shoulder. The road was blocked by three of Max's cabs - a cab on the left, halfway on the pavement - similarily on the right and then one more in the middle, the car facing northbound with it's driver chatting to the driver on my left. There was no room on the pavement so I went straight up between the cars, swipping their mirrors and scratching the car in the middle.

Oh, and a few words on my part on the Highway Code.

Lovely stuff.

jaysay 21-06-2011 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 913386)
This might may some of you happy.

Sunday lunchtime, I started to walk up Edgar Street towards Blackburn Rd to go to Tesco's; As usual, I had a shopping bag over my shoulder. The road was blocked by three of Max's cabs - a cab on the left, halfway on the pavement - similarily on the right and then one more in the middle, the car facing northbound with it's driver chatting to the driver on my left. There was no room on the pavement so I went straight up between the cars, swipping their mirrors and scratching the car in the middle.

Oh, and a few words on my part on the Highway Code.

Lovely stuff.

Ya little devil Tealeaf:D

Alan Varrechia 21-06-2011 19:48

From what i can see, if you work for Max'x then road rules common sense the Highway code and just plain good manners go out of the window.
Think i must have seen them break every traffic by-law in the land....:mad:

steve2qec 21-06-2011 20:15

You've got to admire the Max Cabs boys.....they're a bunch of "crazy mavericks who don't play by the rules"