Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Parking on Blackburn road (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/parking-on-blackburn-road-46265.html)

Mick 05-12-2014 05:53

Re: Parking on Blackburn road

Christmas lights has nothing to do with bad parking
if you want to chat about the Christmas lights please start a new thread ta

Guinness 05-12-2014 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1125444)
Blackburn road is one of the main routes into town and where you would expect to have Christmas lights.

Maybe on a main route into town that isn't covered from end to toe in either illegally parked vehicles, double parked vehicles, potholes or taxis driven by half wits for a start...and yeah..I drove in to Accrington from Church today and saw all of the above!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1125445)
Christmas lights has nothing to do with bad parking

Yes it does (although its obvious Barrie was being a bit tongue in cheek)..it points out the fact that our council (and our road safety conscious MP) blindly ignore the parking issues in favour of attempting to 'pretty up' the area in a vain attempt to entice the shoppers of Blackburn, who have big name shops and a number of bargain satellite retail parks to a town using an advertising agency (which posts on this forum...SDA), probably paid for using revenue from you, to extol the virtues of a market hall shopper.

i.e. Road safety, the highway code and pure common sense are irrelevant if they get bums on seats to spend in the town

cashman 05-12-2014 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1125512)
Maybe on a main route into town that isn't covered from end to toe in either illegally parked vehicles, double parked vehicles, potholes or taxis driven by half wits for a start...and yeah..I drove in to Accrington from Church today and saw all of the above!

I did also twas a nightmare, so i decided to come back oer Charter St, to avoid, was getting near the bottom end n one of those half wits yeh mention, shot straight outa Exchange St, causing me to slam on or hit the pillock.:D

Barrie Yates 06-12-2014 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1125512)

Yes it does (although its obvious Barrie was being a bit tongue in cheek)..it points out the fact that our council (and our road safety conscious MP) blindly ignore the parking issues in favour of attempting to 'pretty up' the area in a vain attempt to entice the shoppers of Blackburn, who have big name shops and a number of bargain satellite retail parks to a town using an advertising agency (which posts on this forum...SDA), probably paid for using revenue from you, to extol the virtues of a market hall shopper.

i.e. Road safety, the highway code and pure common sense are irrelevant if they get bums on seats to spend in the town

Glad you saw my post for what it was G, thank you - my 2 word response to the subsequent sense of humour failure post seems to have been deleted ??????
My apologies to Mick for not starting a separate thred

Less 02-01-2015 18:38

Parking on Blackburn road

How's this for parking?
Just now, couldn't get the police car that ignored it into the picture unfortunately. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...3dc4738892.jpg

cashman 02-01-2015 18:46

They have to ignore em less,or get bollocked by superiors if they do em, FACT.:mad:

Less 02-01-2015 18:51

On a happy note to add to the above, I have just been informed that a lady police person got off her bicycle went into a barbers near the viaduct and booked the owner of an Audi while he was having his haircut for leaving his car outside.
So, in future if you use that barbers and don't wish to be booked, take the car inside with you.

cashman 02-01-2015 19:16

I bet she gets told off and told to destroy that ticket, when she gets back to the station. This sorta thing has happened before with 5 or 6 tickets farther on Blackburn Rd.

Less 02-01-2015 19:25

Parking on Blackburn road

Oh look that car is still there!!!http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...7dd361b964.jpg
Traffic laws are a shambles, why, oh why, do we always end up paying OUR taxes to see laws ignored by both these driver's and the police?
:mad:

accyman 03-01-2015 02:26

no one to enforce the law when the traffic wardens finish work less

plenty of cctv in that area though so someone saw it

Neil 03-01-2015 11:30

That's obstruction and the Police are responsible. It should have be lifted and taken away

Barrie Yates 24-04-2015 13:00

Wonder of wonders - 1035 this morning turned onto Blackburn Road from Eagle Street. As usual cars parked on both sides on the double yellows, 3 higher class cars, but also a Traffic Warden (?) - he was writing a ticket for the first one so hopefully all 3 got a ticket - never seen anything like it before, perhaps PC has been put on hold until after the election?

Gremlin 25-04-2015 16:25

Impatient and dangerous. - Accrington Photo Gallery

I hope this link works this time. Click on the red writing under the square.

Two cars overtake a stationary car on the wrong side of bollards and go through lights at red.

Neil 25-04-2015 22:12

Great video and that about normal around here. Total lack of policing

Gremlin 26-04-2015 09:40

Sorry about the music though Neil.
I do have some strange tracks on my ICE system.

accyman 26-04-2015 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1139623)

Two cars overtake a stationary car on the wrong side of bollards and go through lights at red.

i dont think police can prosecute from video taken by the public and if they cant that needs changing

have you tried showing it to the police

accyman 26-04-2015 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1139623)

sory to double quote but the car wasn't stationary the poor sod stopped his car in fear of been involved in an accident and getting hit by the two idiots he most likely noticed in his mirror driving on the wrong side of the road into a blind bend.They had no idea what was or wasnt approaching

Gremlin 26-04-2015 13:30

Sorry to contradict you accyman, the lights had gone to red and the car stopped as he should have done. The lights changed to red when the cars were passing the road that goes past Tanpits and the old Antley garage.
The two idiots had no intention of stopping.

accyman 26-04-2015 16:26

ahh yes i thought the lights were further up and he or she had stopped for fear of been hit by 2 idiots overtaking on a blind corner

have you passed the video on to the police or asked if they would be interested in it

Gremlin 26-04-2015 16:37

If I passed every video of dangerous driving my carcam picked up to the police I'm sure they would still ignore it.

accyman 26-04-2015 16:44

would be nice if someone saw their car that they lent their kid or partner etc been driven like this

i know i wouldnt be happy with anyone i let drive my car doing this in it and it ended up on the internet

pitty i cant make out the numberplate i guess i need glasses or a new monitor

Gremlin 26-04-2015 17:39

The number has been sent to you accyman.
I'm not going to post it here but its very clear at the start of the video clip.

The car has no nearside brake light either.

gpick24 27-04-2015 16:16

I've just seen that megane, turned off Union road Ossy at tinkerbrook garage, went down towards the caravans.

accyman 27-04-2015 16:32

surely not heading towards them people who like to drag race transit vans down Harvey street ?

Mick 19-06-2015 06:01

2 Attachment(s)
some never learn

Gremlin 19-06-2015 06:58

Those people will never learn Mick, they get away with it because nobody in authority cares or they are afraid of the racist chant.

accyman 20-06-2015 15:46

in town today one bloke with what i think was a very good suntan wearing his jimjams parked on the actual roundabout in town center to drop his boyfriend off then proceeded to drive through the bus only signs past the town hall and then past the market hall and headed up church street..

all of this will have been caught on CCTV but have no doubt what so ever nothing will be done at all

unless the white blob of painted tarmac isnt a roundabout but a landing pad of course

accyman 20-06-2015 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1142964)
some never learn

i suppose it could have been worse the arse could have had the caravan on the back as well

Gremlin 25-10-2015 19:31

2 Attachment(s)
Today on Blackburn road the traffic was at a standstill.
On our return two hours later it was even worse. An ambulance was parked with its rear end on the crossing as well as blocking other traffic. I looked in the take away as we were struggling to get through and the ambulance men were waiting to get served.
I was sat in the passengers seat of a friends car.

jelly baby 31-10-2015 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1153398)
Today on Blackburn road the traffic was at a standstill.
On our return two hours later it was even worse. An ambulance was parked with its rear end on the crossing as well as blocking other traffic. I looked in the take away as we were struggling to get through and the ambulance men were waiting to get served.
I was sat in the passengers seat of a friends car.

Can these pics not be sent to whoever's in charge of traffic/highways at the council. I know complaints have been made before but if we keep complaining eventually some one will hear.....the screaming child always gets fed first!

cashman 31-10-2015 10:57

Thing is the likelyhood is they will speak to the ambulance folk n say sod all to those who do it daily.:rolleyes:

Guinness 13-11-2015 18:49

Saw a guy run out of the barbers where the railway bridge is. He appeared to have half a haircut, (then again who can tell what constitutes a haircut nowadays), as he rushed towards his bright yellow customised vehicle, which was parked two wheels on the kerb......because.....

A traffic warden was there!!!! :surprise:

I was alone and driving so can't prove this with a photo, nor do I know if he wrote a ticket....but honest guv'...I did see this today so I've ticked Blackburn Road off in my I-Spy Traffic Warden book..

maxthecollie 12-01-2016 13:59

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 51802
How's this for parking on Accrington Road Blackburn

Less 19-09-2017 17:19

1 Attachment(s)
I admit, this isn't so much parking on B'burn road more like cock up on B'burn road, for some reason over the last few weeks someone somewhere decided there are a number of blind or poor sighted people in this area and of course we must care for them.

This has resulted in bumpy pavement being fitted at every junction.

It could be one of the last grants from the EU and LCC are rushing to get the work done before the money runs out, I honestly don't know. However leading a blind person straight into a post and a stone wall if they follow their feet along the left should be a health and safety issue, (lets get the inquiry going before the UK has to pay for it).

Less 22-11-2018 15:59

It would seem a major accident has happened on this road, everything blocked off, police, ambulance & fire brigade attending.
I don't know the full details but from what I hear someone set off in their car from the pavement & made a mistake then went through some pedestrians.
Blackburn road closed, I'm sat in pub nearby will let you know if I learn what's happening.

cashman 22-11-2018 16:04

What a shame summat like that has been coming, simply cos the police are frightened to do owt about this illegal parking yon, its been like that for years now. hope the pedestrians are not badly injured.

Less 22-11-2018 17:12

No more news, asked an officer, on scene, he obviously told me nothing, I hope all is well for those involved.

ferret man 23-11-2018 12:48

They may face prosecution if they damaged his car

cashman 23-11-2018 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1219716)
They may face prosecution if they damaged his car

That would not surprise me at all.:rolleyes:

Less 22-05-2019 16:03

Things don't improve in fact they get worse!
Here's today's pic,
The black car is abandoned completley on the pavement making it difficult for the other illegal parkers outside the hal Al butchers, did it stop traffic? (Hell yeah) Does it matter?
Well I don't know, I got a leaflet through the door the other day saying keep racism out of politics, yep I'll go along with that so long as politics is brave enough to allow the prosecution of such ridiculous flouting of the law.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e48db6d8c0.jpg

Less 29-11-2021 16:09

We're into nostalgia, elsewhere onsite, well here's to one Mick started, it deserves resurrecting because nothing has improved.

I called in for a take away, tried to get out of the shop and an ubher driver had parked in front of the entrance/exit high on the pavement, he must have had to get out on the passenger side he was that close to the door. Knowing the sort of response I could/would get if I asked him to move I just squeezed between the wall and his wing mirror, imagine the satisfaction I got when (unintentionally of course) the sound of cracking plastic was emmited as I made my merry way.

monkey hanger 30-11-2021 09:35

funny how cars seem to get scratched by accident when the park on a pavement and i,m passing.

odders 30-11-2021 21:29

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Blast from the past!!! Yeah never change on Blackburn Rd:rolleyes: