Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   European poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/european-poll-49152.html)

garinda 01-09-2009 15:52

European poll.

Following on from another thread, which is discussing Britain's relationship to the European Union, I thought if we could have a referendum, as we were promised, how would you vote?

Wynonie Harris 01-09-2009 15:53

Re: European poll.

To leave!

Mancie 01-09-2009 15:54

Vote for... what?

MargaretR 01-09-2009 15:55

I would attend the polling station on my flying pig and vote to leave the EU.

andrewb 01-09-2009 15:55

Did you mean to attach a poll gary?

edit: nm its there now!

Bernard Dawson 01-09-2009 15:55

To stay in Europe.

Mancie 01-09-2009 15:58

If you are saying a vote on wether to leave then I would say it would be like leaving a card game because you don't like the rules...then joining another card game only to find out you don't like the rules..and end up playing on yer own.

Wynonie Harris 01-09-2009 16:02

What does the third option mean? Surely, you can only be in (as per the present 27 countries) or out (as per Norway and Switzerland)? There is no third option in the EU!

garinda 01-09-2009 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 740634)
Did you mean to attach a poll gary?

edit: nm its there now!

There is one.

I've voted in it..;)

garinda 01-09-2009 16:05

I hope you are happy with the wording.

I tried my best to be fair, and give all the possible (simple) options I could think of.

Leave, carry on as it is, or try and extradite ourselves from the political union and still have some economic alliance.

andrewb 01-09-2009 16:09

If we left the EU we'd still have economic ties and could still form free trade agreements just like many other countries not in the EU do. Does answer 1 suggest no economic ties/trade, or are 1 and 3 the same?

Mancie 01-09-2009 16:16

It's a simple poll on here.. but most people would have their sensible heads on if it did come to a national referendom on leaving the EU..I for one did not like the idea in the first place but to leave would be lurching towards a very aggressive national attitude..I don't like the looks of it.

garinda 01-09-2009 16:17

By the way, it isn't a secret ballot.

Bernard, you've voted to keep the status quo as it is. Are you happy with a system that allows a Romanion to enter Britain and claim social benefits here, and also to claim benefits for children still back in Romania, all quite legally?

Personally I think that stinks, and proves we are seen as the soft touch of this political/economic/whatever union.

Wynonie Harris 01-09-2009 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 740653)
It's a simple poll on here.. but most people would have their sensible heads on if it did come to a national referendom on leaving the EU..I for one did not like the idea in the first place but to leave would be lurching towards a very aggressive national attitude..I don't like the looks of it.

So being "sensible" means agreeing with you, does it? And as for leaving giving us an "aggressive national attitude", do you mean like those snarling nationalists, the Norwegians and the Swiss? :rolleyes:

MargaretR 01-09-2009 16:21

I am undecided whether or not to register for a vote this time.
The form has arrived and I can't even bring myself to open the envelope.
Democracy is dead. Whoever gets in works for their own interests and for a common purpose, which is not for the good of the population.