Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Take your Life in yer Hands. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/take-your-life-in-yer-hands-51131.html)

shakermaker 04-01-2010 20:44

Re: Take your Life in yer Hands.

Perhaps it's the mark of my ungrateful generation; I did not realise that grit salt was such an expensive luxury. If I break a limb on my way to/from work this week, at least I'll be safe in the knowledge that the authorities have saved a bob or two. Cheers, guys.

cashman 04-01-2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 775365)
Do you think it might be possible that the council (or possibly even just the staff who work at the town hall) cleared the area in front of the town hall because a lot of people go in there for the tourist information desk? My guess is that they wouldn't want an accident to happen right outside.

And probably the reason that no one has done the rest is because LCC has run out of grit/salt - not Hyndburn's fault.

don't do guessing fer a career gayle.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 04-01-2010 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 775365)
because a lot of people go in there for the tourist information desk?

Ever the optimist, Gayle! ;)

lancsdave 04-01-2010 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 775371)
Perhaps it's the mark of my ungrateful generation; I did not realise that grit salt was such an expensive luxury. If I break a limb on my way to/from work this week, at least I'll be safe in the knowledge that the authorities have saved a bob or two. Cheers, guys.

It was even dearer when they mixed the treacle in it :D

Atarah 05-01-2010 03:29

Council stands firm over gritting criticism - News - Accrington Observer

worth a read!

accyman 05-01-2010 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 775336)
They haven't the money to grit the pavements, but they might have to find the money for compensation claims from folk who fall and hurt themselves on the icy ungritted streets.

if anyone can claim i recomend they do for 2 reasons

1: may actually teach them its cheaper to pay for gritt

2: rather see money in somones pocket than squandered on trivial projects and plenty of other pointless crap they blow our council tax payments on

mind you it may be cheaper to pay teh extra insurance fees from been sued so they happily let folk get injured either by slipping and breaking bones or in car crashes because teh car drivers insurance will have to fork out for anything they hit so they get off there

shillelagh 05-01-2010 07:03

What is it about car drivers that make them think theyre invincible? It started snowing here about 6.45am. Now before you set off in your car shouldnt you make sure that you can see out your car windows? It dont take long to brush them all off. Since 7am have seen cars going past with front windscreens cleared but the rear windscreens and side windows still full of snow. The road hasnt been gritted yet either.

Margaret Pilkington 05-01-2010 07:26

Morning Jen.....thought you didn't do mornings :)

shillelagh 05-01-2010 07:35

i dont unless i have to ... and today i have to :rolleyes:....:D:D:D

so morning all!!!:D:D:D

Mick 05-01-2010 07:36

Ah so spuggie bought you that big alarm clock me and spuggie was talking about him getting you for christmas :D:tongueout

accyman 05-01-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 775462)
Ah so spuggie bought you that big alarm clock me and spuggie was talking about him getting you for christmas :D:tongueout

or one of them wet the bed :eek:

shillelagh 05-01-2010 07:38

nah .. he bought me a handbag for christmas mick ... all the better to bash you with!!!! In fact spug is up and out and about somewhere ... thats why ... he woke me up!!!:rolleyes::D:eek::tongueout:tongueout:tongueo ut

Mick 05-01-2010 07:42

He was complaining to me that you needed a very loud alarm clock as he has trouble getting you up in a morning:tongueout:D

Less 05-01-2010 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 775465)
He was complaining to me that you needed a very loud alarm clock as he has trouble getting you up in a morning:tongueout:D

What he needs is a very quiet proximity alarm so he can hide when she gets near.
:hidewall:

shillelagh 05-01-2010 08:11

i love my bed .... what can i say ... and on a morning like this where would you rather be ... cuddled up under the duvet all snug and warm or struggling to work or out shopping?