Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

garinda 25-03-2010 07:58

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800011)
I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.

Incredibly rude?

Could you helpfully quote where I've been 'incredibley rude' please? Then I can either disagree, and argue that I was just offering my personal opinion, or aplogise most humbly?

If you don't back up your criticism with actual examples, it's really impossible for me to comment further.

Especially since this forum is now very well moderated, and anything deemed 'offensive' to other members is quite rightly deleted, and as far as I'm aware the only post I've had deleted in this thread was when I quoted some pseudo-Latin from Ms. Buckley's website, which was quite rightly deleted, because I'd posted in a language other than English.

I look forward to you providing examples of what you accuse me of, so I can either defend myself, or apologise.

I wait with bated breath.

garinda 25-03-2010 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800019)
I'm sure she will. Personally I just think Garinda is being unnecessarily rude.

If I am, you have a few options open to you.

If what's posted is 'offensive or malicious', you can report it.

You can put me on 'ignore', then you won't get all upset at what I post, because you'll be unable to see it.

You could always have another little sulk, and stay away for a while, until you feel more able to cope with things that don't suit you.

;)

garinda 25-03-2010 08:09

It's a hard lesson for some people to accept.

Realising that not everything in life, goes exactly how you'd like it to.

YouTube - Crying like a Baby.

:rolleyes:

andrewb 25-03-2010 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800020)
Incredibly rude?

Could you helpfully quote where I've been 'incredibley rude' please? Then I can either disagree, and argue that I was just offering my personal opinion, or aplogise most humbly?

If you don't back up your criticism with actual examples, it's really impossible for me to comment further.

Especially since this forum is now very well moderated, and anything deemed 'offensive' to other members is quite rightly deleted, and as far as I'm aware the only post I've had deleted in this thread was when I quoted some pseudo-Latin from Ms. Buckley's website, which was quite rightly deleted, because I'd posted in a language other than English.

I look forward to you providing examples of what you accuse me of, so I can either defend myself, or apologise.

I wait with bated breath.

It's my opinion. I think you've been quite rude in this thread when it comes to her schooling and things. I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I. I just think that it's rude when as far as I'm aware you haven't even spoken to her.

garinda 25-03-2010 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800023)
It's my opinion. I think you've been quite rude in this thread when it comes to her schooling and things. I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I. I just think that it's rude when as far as I'm aware you haven't even spoken to her.

Is that the very best example of my 'incredible rudeness' towards Ms. Buckley, that you could come up with?

I thought you'd be struggling.

;)

Even though I know exactly what I've posted, I've just reread the whole thread, and stand by what I've posted.

I offered comment, on the evidence of three of my friends who were educated at Queen Mary's at the same time as our candidate. It was a relatively 'posh' school, and in my opinion didn't offer the best academic education amongst girl's private schools in the northwest.

How very rude, to offer this opinion.

I'l be accused as being the first person to mention Lytham as being 'snooty' next.

(I wasn't by the way, if you care to research a little more thoroughly.)

;)

garinda 25-03-2010 08:44

Perhaps the real issue is that you don't like what I've posted.

She did go to a private girl's school in Lytham. This might not be clear to those in Hyndburn who don't know Queen Mary's.

She tells of her membership of a Baptist church. I offer comment that exorcisms are carried out at Baptist churches in Lytham, to 'cure' homosexuals.

She hasn't had much visible presence locally so far, in the press, or in person.

All factual.

I did post a photograph of Jeanette Krankie, but conversely, and with similar humour, yesterday I posted a photograph in a thread about Labour candidate Ken Moss, which purported to show him drunk, and living rough.

I look forward to your accusation that I was 'incredibley rude' to a prospective Labour politican. Or doesnt that fit with your rather narrow agenda?

andrewb 25-03-2010 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800026)
Perhaps the real issue is that you don't like what I've posted.

She did go to a private girl's school in Lytham. This might not be clear to those in Hyndburn who don't know Queen Mary's.

She tells of her membership of a Baptist church. I offer comment that exorcisms are carried out at Baptist churches in Lytham, to 'cure' homosexuals.

She hasn't had much visible presence locally so far, in the press, or in person.

All factual.

I did post a photograph of Jeanette Krankie, but conversely, and with similar humour, yesterday I posted a photograph in a thread about Labour candidate Ken Moss, which purported to show him drunk, and living rough.

I look forward to your accusation that I was 'incredibley rude' to a prospective Labour politican. Or doesnt that fit with your rather narrow agenda?

Agenda? I think you have a bit of paranoia.

No I don't like what you say, because I think it's rather rude. Posting comments about how she's posh and things without even knowing her. Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate? :rolleyes:

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800030)
.... Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate? :rolleyes:

A strange and devlish voice in his head told him to post the link.

cashman 25-03-2010 09:04

I think you have a bit of a "Baby" mentality Andrew.:rolleyes:

jaysay 25-03-2010 09:17

Quote:

I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.

Spot on Andrew.

jaysay 25-03-2010 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800019)
I'm sure she will. Personally I just think Garinda is being unnecessarily rude.

You must know by now we're supposed to make exceptions for Rindi:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800036)
Spot on Andrew.

This from the fella who called Graham Jones "a numpty". ;)

garinda 25-03-2010 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800037)

Again, I look forward to any quoted evidence you'd care to supply, rather than more empty rhetoric. Which seems more inspired by the fact that you don't happen to like what's been posted, because of political affiliation.

Having reread everything that I've posted in this thread, as stated earlier, I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing evidence of my 'incredible rudeness'...if that's possible for you to do.

garinda 25-03-2010 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800038)
This from the fella who called Graham Jones "a numpty". ;)

Come, come.

'Incredible rudeness' is a one way street, and doesn't count in some people's politically blinkered eyes, if it's aimed at some one they don't agree with.

Although I'm struggling to remember when I've been accused of 'incredible rudeness', when referring to the Labour government as 'morally bankrupt', 'disgusting', and 'vile'.

Rather odd, that.

garinda 25-03-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800037)

I'm an oridinary member of Accy Web, just like everyone else on the forum, and subject to the same rules and regulations.

Again, any examples of 'exceptions' made for myself, I'm sure we'd find most illuminating.

Unless it's another case of sour grapes, that not everything posted on here, suits your agenda.

garinda 25-03-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800023)
I'm sure she won't care one bit, and nor do I.

...and yet you 'care' enought to post your opinion?

Though when challenged, seem unable to supply any factual evidence to back up your unsubstantiated claim?

If anything I've posted is factually incorrect, such as I did when you claimed that the Daily Mail supported Labour in the 1997 General election, and which I offered my personal knowledge that you were wrong, further backed up by other independent evidence, you are also free to do so in this thread. Rather than making the rather pitiful comment of my 'being incredibley rude', which you seem unable to back up with quotes of said insults.

I'll always have evidence, to back up, and counteragrue, anything I've ever said on this forum.

Otherwise I'd feel what I was posting would appear a bit pathetic.

;)

jaysay 25-03-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800044)
I'm an ordinary member of Accy Web, just like everyone else on the forum, and subject to the same rules and regulations.

Again, any examples of 'exceptions' made for myself, I'm sure we'd find most illuminating.

Unless it's another case of sour grapes, that not everything posted on here, suits your agenda.

Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so, according to some emails I've received and not from usual suspects either ie political affiliates:rolleyes:

andrewb 25-03-2010 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800042)
Come, come.

'Incredible rudeness' is a one way street, and doesn't count in some people's politically blinkered eyes, if it's aimed at some one they don't agree with.

Although I'm struggling to remember when I've been accused of 'incredible rudeness', when referring to the Labour government as 'morally bankrupt', 'disgusting', and 'vile'.

Rather odd, that.

Considering you haven't said anything political for me to agree or disagree with, it's a bit of an odd alleyway you seem to be leading yourself down.

As for evidence, if you have read all your posts and still don't think that you've been rude, then it is pointless me showing you specific posts, as you won't think they're rude either. I gave my opinion that you were rude, yours obviously differs.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800030)
Why on earth would you post links about exorcisms to 'cure' homosexuality in this thread about a candidate?

Because we have so little evidence of what her actual political beliefs are, other than what's on her website. A website on which she herselfs talks about being a member of a Baptist church in Lytham.

The fact that there is testimony of someone being exorcised at a Baptist church in her home town, to 'cure' them of homosexuality, might be deemed relevant information to some, when deciding on the suitability of which candidate they are going to vote for.

Neither incredible, nor rude. Just a valid, and factual observation.

andrewb 25-03-2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800056)
Because we have so little evidence of what her actual political beliefs are, other than what's on her website. A website on which she herselfs talks about being a member of a Baptist church in Lytham.

The fact that there is testimony of someone being exorcised at a Baptist church in her home town, to 'cure' them of homosexuality, might be deemed relevant information to some, when deciding on the suitability of which candidate they are going to vote for.

Neither incredible, nor rude. Just a valid, and factual observation.

Sure somebody might be influenced by her beliefs. The alleged exorcism though has nothing at all to do with her and need not be posted on a thread about her. Just a pathetic attempt to link things that have nothing to do with each other.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800054)
Considering you haven't said anything political for me to agree or disagree with, it's a bit of an odd alleyway you seem to be leading yourself down.

As for evidence, if you have read all your posts and still don't think that you've been rude, then it is pointless me showing you specific posts, as you won't think they're rude either. I gave my opinion that you were rude, yours obviously differs.

Alleyway?

I think someone's taken you up the wrong alleyway, because I can't make head nor tail of what you've posted in the first paragraph.

As stated, I've reread the whole thread, and am quite happy I haven't been 'incredibley rude about Ms. Buckley, and again challenge you to supply quoted evidence to prove your point.

I wish you luck.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800058)
Sure somebody might be influenced by her beliefs. The alleged exorcism though has nothing at all to do with her and need not be posted on a thread about her. Just a pathetic attempt to link things that have nothing to do with each other.

One of the few things we know about her is her religious beliefs, which she promotes on her website.

If I'd posted about the Westboro Baptist church ( Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), that wouldn't have been very relevant, being a church in America. A Baptist church in her home town, carrying out exorcisms, might be relevant information to those deciding who to vote for, especially when her links to the church are promoted by herself, on her website.

The fact that these 'cures' are being offered in a church in Lytham, that she's a member of, and promotes on her site, might be seen by some as positive, and a vote winner. For others, the opposite might be the case.

All in all, it's relevant.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:25

Karen Buckley might not be the only one struggling to secure the pink, or liberal minded, vote.

David Cameron stumbles on equality question in Gay Times interview - Telegraph

(...and this is reported in the good old, and very reliable, Tory supporting, Daily Telegraph.)

garinda 25-03-2010 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800051)
Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so, according to some emails I've received and not from usual suspects either ie political affiliates:rolleyes:

Again, empty rhetoric, and idle gossip, and not a shred of real evidence you'd care to put in the public arena, to back up your unsubstantiated claims?

Thought so.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:37

Personally I thinks it's terribly ill mannered to try (failingly) to label another member of Accy Web 'incredibly rude', without being able to furnish examples to prove the truth of their point.

Some people have such poor social skills, and appallingly bad manners.

I bet Karen Buckley hasn't.

garinda 25-03-2010 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 799990)
I think she's lucky to have raised what she has so far,

Do we really want a person that begs off strangers to represent us?

* Target: £500
* Raised: £0

Sadly still no change.

What a poor show.

I was hoping that through helping to publicise the appeal, we could get the mecury rocketing skywards, towards the £500 target.

Come on, dig deep!

Less 25-03-2010 11:02

1 Attachment(s)
Ooer, I got this through the door, I hope it came to the wrong house!
:(

garinda 25-03-2010 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800079)

:eek:

Can you put the note in a plastic bag please Less?

That has a very similar literary syntax to those first death threats, from 1980.

It could be evidential, and mean justice might eventually be mine.

:D

garinda 25-03-2010 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800079)

Though in reference to the 'threat', as I've said many time on here, I was brought up to believe that respect is won through action, and not bestowed on someone, for no apparent, or good reason.

Respect is earned.

cashman 25-03-2010 12:32

Karen can't be worse than this buffoon, can she? David Cameron stumbles through interview on gay rights | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 13:09

Just thought of something...are Baptists teatotal? I was rather hoping to treat Kaz to a Babycham when she comes into the Oak Lea for a pre-match drink. If they are, I suppose she'll just have to make do with that alcohol-free stuff that Cashy drinks. It'll probably go down just as well with a bag of cheese & onion crisps. I know how to treat these posh birds...oops, sorry, Andrew, well brought up ladies! ;)

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 13:14

I don't know much about Cameron's attitude to the Gays...but his Mrs reminds me of an older version of those actresses who used to appear in those 1980's teen flick horror movies...you know, Friday the 13th (part 29) and Chuckie Bites Back. I wonder if she was and that's how Dave now gets his thrills, by her leaping out of the bedroom wardrobe at 3 in the morning with a chopper in her hand and attacking him with it. Still, thats all mild stuff, compared to other tory politician's bedroom antics.

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800111)
Just thought of something...are Baptists teatotal? I was rather hoping to treat Kaz to a Babycham when she comes into the Oak Lea for a pre-match drink. If they are, I suppose she'll just have to make do with that alcohol-free stuff that Cashy drinks. It'll probably go down just as well with a bag of cheese & onion crisps. I know how to treat these posh birds...oops, sorry, Andrew, upper-class ladies! ;)

How old is this bird, anyway? Old enough to have been to Blackburn Mecca or the Cav in the golden years? If so, she'd probably appreciate a few of the old double brandy and babycham....aye, that was a proper ladies drink, not like the alcopop rubbish this lot drink now.

If she can smack half a dozen of those down, then open her gob and utter a sentance containing more than three words, each with at least two sylables, she might make an MP yet.

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 800114)
How old is this bird, anyway? Old enough to have been to Blackburn Mecca or the Cav in the golden years? If so, she'd probably appreciate a few of the old double brandy and babycham....aye, that was a proper ladies drink, not like the alcopop rubbish this lot drink now.

Would've thought the Highland Room at Blackpool Mecca would've been more her home territory...but perhaps she led a quieter, more contemplative existence in her younger days...who knows?

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 13:59

I bet she was on the shampoo in Yate's Wine Lodge.

Dam shame that place burnt down.

Less 25-03-2010 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800128)
Would've thought the Highland Room at Blackpool Mecca would've been more her home territory...but perhaps she led a quieter, more contemplative existence in her younger days...who knows?

Wrong, wrong, wrong, have some respect, that is the sort of place she would have allowed her upstairs maid to go to on her monthly Evening off, (make sure your back by 7.30 or the door will be locked).

She will have been off with the Huntin', Fishin' & forkrying out loud I've forgotten what the third bit would be, crowd.

Less 25-03-2010 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800131)
Wrong, wrong, wrong, have some respect, that is the sort of place she would have allowed her upstairs maid to go to on her monthly Evening off, (make sure your back by 7.30 or the door will be locked).

She will have been off with the Huntin', Fishin' & forkrying out loud I've forgotten what the third bit would be, crowd.

Oh yes Henry I said to Charles, there is nothing like an evening in the rough!

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 14:16

I'm still not convinced that she's the upper-class 'gel' of our collective imaginations. It says on her website that she attended this 'ere posh school under the "assisted places scheme", so maybe she just comes from an ordinary background and she was given a chance.

About time she started posting on here, then we'd know more about her!

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 14:19

She's probably shy.

garinda 25-03-2010 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800139)
I'm still not convinced that she's the upper-class 'gel' of our collective imaginations. It says on her website that she attended this 'ere posh school under the "assisted places scheme", so maybe she just comes from an ordinary background and she was given a chance.

Not knowing her, I've only ever mentioned the poshness of her school, and the three classmates of her's, who I'm close friends with.

;)

Her house looks quite posh though, when you use Google street view. Big detached jobbie, that will have cost a pretty penny.

If she sells up and moves here, she'll be able to buy most of west Accy with the equity.

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800148)
If she sells up and moves here, she'll be able to buy most of west Accy with the equity.

...but there's nowt left:confused::confused::confused:

jaysay 25-03-2010 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800139)

Why she's standing in Hyndburn not Cheshire:D

garinda 25-03-2010 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 800159)
...but there's nowt left:confused::confused::confused:

Grazing.

You could fit a frightful amount of polo ponies on that land.

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800165)
Grazing.

You could fit a frightful amount of polo ponies on that land.

They should turn it into allotments. Still, that is probably beyond the imagination of the present council.

Less 25-03-2010 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800160)

Perhaps she caught the wrong charabanc?

Or Daddy wouldn't buy her a Bow, Wow?

So her best mate Paris, has shunned her.:confused:

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800160)

"We don't take too kindly to strangers round here, so get outta town, boy!" ;)

Less 25-03-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 800170)
They should turn it into allotments. Still, that is probably beyond the imagination of the present council.

I got a leaflet from them recently, they can't build on it 'cos they've run out of money so they are going to spend money, making it into a rockery with a sprinkle your own seeds and be done for littering scheme, hang on I've a leaflet here somewhere...

The sound of Less rummaging through his drawers...

sorry no, I just remembered, I put it out for composting, bog rolls where expensive that week.

garinda 25-03-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800176)
"We don't take too kindly to strangers round here, so get outta town, boy!" ;)

Is this not Cheshire?

Damn, blast, and fiddlesticks.

I've got off at the wrong bloomin' station.

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 15:10

Surely Cheshire is where people step out the shower for a pee?

garinda 25-03-2010 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 800187)
Surely Cheshire is where people step out the shower for a pee?

I never saw Footballer's Wives, so can't really comment.

cashman 25-03-2010 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800171)
Perhaps she caught the wrong charabanc?

Or Daddy wouldn't buy her a Bow, Wow?

So her best mate Paris, has shunned her.:confused:

Hoy leave my missus outa this.:D

garinda 25-03-2010 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800179)
making it into a rockery with a sprinkle your own seeds

Could you helpfully supply a date, when this is happening, so horses, or any grazing ponies, don't get frightened.

garinda 25-03-2010 17:51

Quote:

I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her.

By you replying to Wynonie, about me, and posting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 796961)
I stopped posting because it was no longer enjoyable having arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it, as they probably have nothing better to do.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post796961

Some, though not me, might class that as being' incredibly rude' and tactless. Knowing that, as you do, that I have Parkinson's disease, which is both degeneartive and incurable, and thus the reason I have time to do 'nothing better'.

Personally, since you'd joined a group I'd set up for people with Parkinson's, I just found it rather sad, and pathetic. I certainly didn't take offence. Indeed the desparate straws that some people will grasp at, when out of their depth, just made me genuinely chuckle.

Anyway, back on track, with not a slight insight.

Getting to know our Conservative candidate a little better.

I thought it odd she didn't merit at least a mention in Peter Britcliffe's column, in this weekend's Accrington Observer.

No well done, no good luck in your fight to victory. Nowt.

Most odd.

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800260)

I thought it odd she didn't merit at least a mention in Peter Britcliffe's column, in this weekend's Accrington Observer.

Most odd.

In fact, as he's the leader of the Conservative council and she's the prospective Conservative candidate, some might consider it incredibly rude of him. Still, perhaps he's met her, so he's allowed to be, according to the AndrewB laws of etiquette.

garinda 25-03-2010 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800268)
In fact, as he's the leader of the Conservative council and she's the prospective Conservative candidate, some might consider it incredibly rude of him. Still, perhaps he's met her, so he's allowed to be, according to the AndrewB laws of etiquette.

Perhaps good sportsmanship, isn't the same as good manners, and not deemed a worthy attribute to have in the political world.

Shame really, them both being members of this forum.

At least I had the good grace, in the very first post of this thread, to congratulate her, and wish her well, and it was genuinely meant.

Pesonally the only candidates I'd like to see do so badly, that they lose their deposits, are Logan, and the B.N.P.

katex 25-03-2010 23:45

Quote:

Most odd.

Logged in specially to mention this Garinda, then saw you had the same thoughts. Peter Britcliffe has been given plenty of space in the Observer this week, what with a letter to the editor slagging off Graham Jones, and his politic's column .. praising the council for:

• Freezing district council tax
  • Make over for the Market Hall
  • Internet cafe in the above
  • Tesco !!!!!
  • Great Harwood Town Hall refurbishment
  • Railway station upgrade
  • Civic Theatre project
  • Making sure grit bins will not run out next snow fall
  • Negotiating with the bus companies on saving trips to the seaside for pensioners
  • Naming, by the Sunday Times, as the council 'best place to work'
Gotta' admire the guy for taking credit for all these projects.

NOT ONE WORD RE. KAREN BUCKLEY .... THAT IS BLOOMING DISGUSTING !!
Must be sulking.

Not one word about her anywhere in the Observer. Mind you, a gorgeous photo of lambs prancing gaily in the Spring sunshine.

garinda 25-03-2010 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 800348)
Logged in specially to mention this Garinda, then saw you had the same thoughts. Peter Britcliffe has been given plenty of space in the Observer this week, what with a letter to the editor slagging off Graham Jones, and his politic's column .. praising the council for:

• Freezing district council tax
  • Make over for the Market Hall
  • Internet cafe in the above
  • Tesco !!!!!
  • Great Harwood Town Hall refurbishment
  • Railway station upgrade
  • Civic Theatre project
  • Making sure grit bins will not run out next snow fall
  • Saving trips to the seaside for pensioners
  • Naming, by the Sunday Times, as the council 'best place to work'
Gotta' admire the guy for taking credit for all these projects.

NOT ONE WORD RE. KAREN BUCKLEY .... THAT IS BLOOMING DISGUSTING !!
Must be sulking.

Not one word about her anywhere in the Observer. Mind you, a gorgeous photo of lambs prancing gaily in the Spring sunshine.

He does himself no favours.

No matter what went on behind the scenes at the local Conservative Association, that's nothing to do with Karen Buckley, who's just been brought in to do a job.

Even before a big fight, boxers shake hands. Not to mention her, and wish her well, seems churish beyond belief.

Even if you're seething, and say it between gritted teeth, she should have been congratulated.

One to one he's as sound as a pound, and he is clever, but when it's muddied by his political ambition, he hasn't realised good P.R. isn't always about shouting about the big things. It's the tiniest detail that can make the difference between people liking you or not, and getting to where you want to be.

If only I'd have been a true blue, I could have been so much help to him.

Sadly, not being a member of any party, that wasn't to be.

:rolleyes::D

garinda 26-03-2010 00:08

Talking of the Observer, I was genuinely disappointed to see there was nothing about Karen Buckley.

Probably much to the amazement of the AW doubting Thomas's on here, I do want to know more about her.

As someone who genuinely doesn't know who to vote for yet, I've personally researched all the other candidates, who were announced ages ago, and fear time is running out to be won over by the last candidate to be declared.

jaysay 26-03-2010 09:14

Quote:

Some, though not me, might class that as being' incredibly rude' and tactless. Knowing that, as you do, that I have Parkinson's disease, which is both degeneartive and incurable, and thus the reason I have time to do 'nothing better'.

Personally, since you'd joined a group I'd set up for people with Parkinson's, I just found it rather sad, and pathetic. I certainly didn't take offence. Indeed the desparate straws that some people will grasp at, when out of their depth, just made me genuinely chuckle.

Anyway, back on track, with not a slight insight.

Most odd.

Why:rolleyes:

cashman 26-03-2010 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800376)
Why:rolleyes:

seems to me "Why" was explained a couple of letters back.:rolleyes:

jaysay 26-03-2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800351)
Talking of the Observer, I was genuinely disappointed to see there was nothing about Karen Buckley.

Probably much to the amazement of the AW doubting Thomas's on here, I do want to know more about her.

As someone who genuinely doesn't know who to vote for yet, I've personally researched all the other candidates, who were announced ages ago, and fear time is running out to be won over by the last candidate to be declared.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jaysay 26-03-2010 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 800378)
seems to me "Why" was explained a couple of letters back.:rolleyes:

No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election;)

cashman 26-03-2010 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800380)
No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election;)

That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.

Less 26-03-2010 09:39

Quote:

I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

garinda 26-03-2010 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800379)
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your bladder isn't my concern, however if you think that I am in the habit of telling lies, you are wrong.

garinda 26-03-2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 800384)
That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.

In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

cashman 26-03-2010 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800393)
In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

am aware of that, not having "Tunnel Vision":D

yerself 26-03-2010 09:58

I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.

Less 26-03-2010 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800385)
I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
:)

garinda 26-03-2010 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 800401)
I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.

Hurrah!

She has got some press coverage.

Though sadly not a prize, for star letter of the week.

Notice she chose not to print her address in Hyndburn, with her letter.

garinda 26-03-2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800407)
Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
:)

Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.

jaysay 26-03-2010 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800412)
Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.

Thats terribly Rude Garinda:rolleyes:

garinda 26-03-2010 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800425)
Thats terribly Rude Garinda:rolleyes:

Though some would say not quite as 'incredibly rude' as inferring I was telling lies, when I said I haven't decided how to vote in the forthcoming elections.

I know it's common place for those who are involved within party politics, to accuse those they oppose of being liars, but happily in the circles I move in that isn't the case.

I believe in telling the truth, or I wouldn't bother saying something.

andrewb 26-03-2010 11:29

Quote:

I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.

garinda 26-03-2010 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800453)
I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.

You replied to a post, and quoted Wynonie, which named, and discussed myself.

It's there for all to see.

No twisting of words.

You can try and squirm, and back track, but what you said is there, for everyone to read, and people can make their own mind up about what you posted.

andrewb 26-03-2010 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800455)
You replied to a post, and quoted Wynonie, which named, and discussed myself.

It's there for all to see.

No twisting of words.

You can try and squirm, and back track, but what you said is there, for everyone to read, and people can make their own mind up about what you posted.

Oh yes, my post did refer to you. There's no doubt about that. My post was replying to when Wynonie had mentioned my name at the end of his post. My point was that you were not named, but knew that you were the one who was being referred to by simply the description of "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it".

Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter because quite frankly the post you made is disgustingly low.

cashman 26-03-2010 11:43

the only thing i find disgusting about all this, is the inability of you andrew to hold yer hand up when you are in the wrong.:rolleyes:

garinda 26-03-2010 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800458)
Oh yes, my post did refer to you. There's no doubt about that. My post was replying to when Wynonie had mentioned my name at the end of his post. My point was that you were not named, but knew that you were the one who was being referred to by simply the description of "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it".

Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter because quite frankly the post you made is disgustingly low.

Yes I knew you were referring to myself, because it was very similar to what you said in a message to me, to which I replied that I would carry on posting as I saw fit, prior to your sulky little withdrawl.

Like I said, I wasn't insulted, it just made me laugh, at your desparation.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Less 26-03-2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800458)
Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter

We'll See, We'll see, Ladbrooks odds aren't making it worth putting a bet on anyway.
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s9601.gif

andrewb 26-03-2010 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800462)
Yes I knew you were referring to myself, because it was very similar to what you said in a message to me, to which I replied that I would carry on posting as I saw fit, prior to your sulky little withdrawl.

Like I said, I wasn't insulted, it just made me laugh, at your desparation.

The only desperation here is you linking your illness into this when it has nothing at all to do with it. It's the most appalling accusation I've read on Accyweb.

I do hope you retract what you posted and apologise as there is no link or truth in it what so ever. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800464)
We'll See, We'll see, Ladbrooks odds aren't making it worth putting a bet on anyway.

You're right. 'cause I'm angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.

Less 26-03-2010 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800464)
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s9601.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800465)

You're right. 'cause I'm ****ing angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.

Damnation, I knew I should have put money on it, if you're still wound up we could even have gone for the treble.

P.S. has anyone ever told you, it's against the rules to use *** type things as a substitute for profanity?

garinda 26-03-2010 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800465)
The only desperation here is you linking your illness into this when it has nothing at all to do with it. It's the most appalling accusation I've read on Accyweb.

I do hope you retract what you posted and apologise as there is no link or truth in it what so ever. I won't hold my breath.

You're right. 'cause I'm angry that somebody would write something like Garinda did, with not a shred of evidence for such huge accusation.

I stand by every post I make on this forum, and will leave it to others, others with the ability to read what's infront of them, to decide what was meant.

garinda 26-03-2010 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800466)
Damnation, I knew I should have put money on it, if you're still wound up we could even have gone for the treble.

P.S. has anyone ever told you, it's against the rules to use *** type things as a substitute for profanity?

Must be terrrible.

To have your word of honour doubted.

garinda 26-03-2010 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800467)
I stand by every post I make on this forum, and will leave it to others, others with the ability to read what's infront of them, to decide what was meant.

There can certainly be no accusations of 'twisting' of words, and devilish derring-do.

The thread link was given, so people can see what was said in context, and what was posted.

I leave it to others to make their own minds up, and see if they arrive at the same conclusion as myself.

katex 26-03-2010 14:38

Quote:

Just knew you would come up with that one Jaysay .. :D However, the column is headed 'Politics', not 'Leader's Report' .. thought would have been an opportunity to give his party a push, and not like him to miss a trick, so can only conclude he is throwing his toys out of his pram.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 800401)

Thanks Yerself .. missed that one initially, was looking more at the editorial. Still, she is playing safe disapproving of the drugs scene ... no parent would disagree with her letter. ;)

cashman 26-03-2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800466)

how would he know that Less? after all he was a MOD.:D

jaysay 26-03-2010 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800430)
Though some would say not quite as 'incredibly rude' as inferring I was telling lies, when I said I haven't decided how to vote in the forthcoming elections.

I know it's common place for those who are involved within party politics, to accuse those they oppose of being liars, but happily in the circles I move in that isn't the case.

I believe in telling the truth, or I wouldn't bother saying something.

In that case time to keep your gob shut then:p

Wynonie Harris 26-03-2010 15:14

So, anyway, did anyone go up 'arrod today to get acquainted with Kaz?

garinda 26-03-2010 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800531)
In that case time to keep your gob shut then:p

Will my not posting mean you won't infer I'm a liar anymore?

Dream on.

garinda 26-03-2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 800521)
Thanks Yerself .. missed that one initially, was looking more at the editorial. Still, she is playing safe disapproving of the drugs scene ... no parent would disagree with her letter. ;)

Same here.

I'd read the editorial copy, but was saving the letters page as a later treat, so the total reading time would be doubled.

Still, it's bonny baby time, starting next week, and I'm looking forward to reading the latest fashion in names.

Come on Amba-Jaid Sidebottom, you can do it.

:p

garinda 27-03-2010 08:34

Come on, dig deep.

Her appeal thermometer is still on zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

Any help would be appreciated.

jaysay 27-03-2010 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800703)
Come on, dig deep.

Her appeal thermometer is still on zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

Any help would be appreciated.

You can make your cheque payable to CCO Garinda:D Can't manage it myself finances are a bit tight these days:rolleyes:

garinda 27-03-2010 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800711)
You can make your cheque payable to CCO Garinda:D Can't manage it myself finances are a bit tight these days:rolleyes:

Whoops.

I'd sent my donation, c/o here...

Hyndburn Conservative Association - Google Maps

:o

jaysay 27-03-2010 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800728)
Whoops.

I'd sent my donation, c/o here...

Hyndburn Conservative Association - Google Maps

:o

Thats as bad as me sending a PM to you instead of Andrew:D

garinda 27-03-2010 10:08

'Raising the Inheritance Tax threshold to £1 million.'
The Conservative Party | Policy | Where we stand | Economy

Estimated house price £352,456.00
Property details for 11 Wildings Lane Lytham St. Annes FY8 3RJ - Zoopla!

At least some people, and their neighbours will benefit from the proposed Conservative tax changes.

Though it probably won't affect too many of us here in Hyndburn, who'll have to pay for these changes through cuts in services.

A case of give and take.

jaysay 27-03-2010 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800745)
'Raising the Inheritance Tax threshold to £1 million.'
The Conservative Party | Policy | Where we stand | Economy

Estimated house price £352,456.00
Property details for 11 Wildings Lane Lytham St. Annes FY8 3RJ - Zoopla!

At least some people, and their neighbours will benefit from the proposed Conservative tax changes.

Though it probably won't affect too many of us here in Hyndburn, who'll have to pay for these changes through cuts in services.

A case of give and take.

A trillion in debt everybody will pay for Gordon's reckless spending

garinda 27-03-2010 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800747)
A trillion in debt everybody will pay for Gordon's reckless spending

Some will be paying more than others.

;)

garinda 27-03-2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800379)

Perhaps before making unsubstantiated, and veiled accusations, inferring that I'm a liar, which I'm not, why don't we do a little experiment?

Are you sitting comfortably, and nicely relaxed?

Good, let us begin.

Just imagine for a moment that you could see things as they actually are. Let's call that imagined state of mind 'reality'.

You are no longer influenced by blind party loyalty to anyone, and have no complicated political allies, which cloud, and blinker the world around you.

Now your in this new state, slowly read through this thread, starting around post 408.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-49671-28.html

Trying to keep fresh this new experience, of open-mindedness realism, can you see how perhaps that it's actually others, others close to you, who might have the ability to 'twist' the truth, to put it incredibly politely, and not in fact myself?

;)

jaysay 27-03-2010 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800807)
Perhaps before making unsubstantiated, and veiled accusations, inferring that I'm a liar, which I'm not, why don't we do a little experiment?

Are you sitting comfortably, and nicely relaxed?

Good, let us begin.

Just imagine for a moment that you could see things as they actually are. Let's call that imagined state of mind 'reality'.

You are no longer influenced by blind party loyalty to anyone, and have no complicated political allies, which cloud, and blinker the world around you.

Now your in this new state, slowly read through this thread, starting around post 408.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-49671-28.html

Trying to keep fresh this new experience, of open-mindedness realism, can you see how perhaps that it's actually others, others close to you, who might have the ability to 'twist' the truth, to put it incredibly politely, and not in fact myself?

;)

Garinda I don't have enough of my life left to waste it on playing silly little games, I'm more interested whether I wake up in the morning or not;)

garinda 27-03-2010 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800813)
Garinda I don't have enough of my life left to waste it on playing silly little games

Jaysay, I was rather hoping that your implication that I was a bare faced liar, was indeed one of your silly little games, and that hopefully you didn't mean it, because it sort of contradicts what you've said about my integrity in the past.

Guess I was wrong.

It appears there's more than one person capable of 'twisting' what's real, if you can have two such vastly opposing opinions about something, which in this case is my truthfulness.