Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

Less 03-04-2010 22:45

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803131)

so you ask me a load of silly questions, and then I'm answering them 'politically' because I am not going to sit answering silly questions for your benefit all day? Haha :D Damned if I do, damned if I don't! :D

Gosh you've really outwitted me now haven't you andrew, or have you?

Could it just be that your little mind would rather attempt a come back on a throwaway post that is of course full of silly questions, in it's attempt to trivialise my earlier post about you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803076)
Cashy, have you not noticed yet, if he hasn't got an answer and he hasn't the whit to make one up on the spare of the moment, he ignores the question.

I've asked him many a pertinent question in many a thread, rather than bullshine and make it up his preference is to pretend the question wasn't asked, yes I have seen him use the same technique on you and many others as well, typical would be politician, when his technique improves he will move on to answering your question by asking another question that has no relevance to what was asked in the first place, there lies power of non speech.

A post the content of which I stand by.

However if you would like to carry on in the juvenile manner that you have now adopted I can cope with that as well.
:)

andrewb 03-04-2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803132)
Gosh you've really outwitted me now haven't you andrew, or have you?

Could it just be that your little mind would rather attempt a come back on a throwaway post that is of course full of silly questions, in it's attempt to trivialise my earlier post about you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803132)

A post the content of which I stand by.

However if you would like to carry on in the juvenile manner that you have now adopted I can cope with that as well.

Yawn! I'm not going to play games. If you have a serious question you wish to ask me, then go ahead, or PM me. I'm not going to bounce around trying to judge whether your silly questions posts are serious or not, or try and trivialise anything. If you've got a question to prove your above quote right, spit it out man!

Less 03-04-2010 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803134)
Yawn! I'm not going to play games. If you have a serious question you wish to ask me, then go ahead, or PM me. I'm not going to bounce around trying to judge whether your silly questions posts are serious or not, or try and trivialise anything. If you've got a question to prove your above quote right, spit it out man!

I'm very tempted, but no, you are the expert spitter, has your dummy fallen beyond your reach again?

jaysay 04-04-2010 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 803117)
But it was the Tories who created the black hole in the first place and Labour had to take emergency action in 2002 to make sure HBC could carry on.

Despite Tory lies to the contrary Labour did not create the black hole - they were told about it after the elections in May 2002, when they took control of the council.

Only time will tell if the Arts Centre proves to be fantastic, and before you complain about bias - I think the regeneration plans for the Civic Theatre are very good.

Please explain why in 2002 the Audit Commission rate Hyndburn a poor run council and in 2009 an excellent run council, the Audit commission have no axe to grind and tell the truth, unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum:rolleyes: as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years;)

Less 04-04-2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803202)
unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum:rolleyes: as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years;)

It might just make the point you are trying to put forward if some neutral source was to proof read your input before you click on 'submit reply', it is surprising what a difference the three little characters n't could have made at the end of would had you just had it checked.

I sometimes have time on my hand's and would like to volunteer my services below, is an example of how the above post has been improved with just a little care and consideration.

Quote:

:rolleyes: ;)

jaysay 04-04-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803206)
It might just make the point you are trying to put forward if some neutral source was to proof read your input before you click on 'submit reply', it is surprising what a difference the three little characters n't could have made at the end of would had you just had it checked.

I sometimes have time on my hand's and would like to volunteer my services below, is an example of how the above post has been improved with just a little care and consideration.

you such a gen Less wat wuld I ever do withut you:D

garinda 04-04-2010 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803225)
you such a gen Less

Git?

Germ?

Gent?

Genuine?

:D

Less 04-04-2010 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803229)
Git?

Germ?

Gent?

Genuine?

I think the word might be,

Gem, rindy, but we may never know.

gem (jm)
n.
1. A pearl or mineral that has been cut and polished for use as an ornament.
a. Something that is valued for its beauty or perfection: a little gem of a book.
b. A beloved or highly prized person.
3. A type of muffin.

In this context I'd go for No.3:D

Ken Moss 04-04-2010 12:07

Quote:

Please explain why in 2002 the Audit Commission rate Hyndburn a poor run council and in 2009 an excellent run council, the Audit commission have no axe to grind and tell the truth, unlike Labour who would know the truth if it bit them on the bum:rolleyes: as this government have ably displayed over the last 13 years;)

As far as I am aware, the turnover of staff at HBC is quite high so if they're such a good council why is this happening?

Also, Cllr Britcliffe was overjoyed at the amount of good news he was able to bring to the table at last week's council meeting but unfortunately he gave no criteria on how HBC had achieved their 'excellent council' status.

Would anyone care to elaborate?

jaysay 04-04-2010 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 803272)
As far as I am aware, the turnover of staff at HBC is quite high so if they're such a good council why is this happening?

Also, Cllr Britcliffe was overjoyed at the amount of good news he was able to bring to the table at last week's council meeting but unfortunately he gave no criteria on how HBC had achieved their 'excellent council' status.

Would anyone care to elaborate?

He doesn't have to do the Audit Commission do that for him, they don't tell lies, they tell it as it is, you don't get excellence status for nothing its earned, but that doesn't come in line with the Jones Master Plan, what ever that is only he knows

MargaretR 04-04-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803348)
He doesn't have to do the Audit Commission do that for him, they don't tell lies, they tell it as it is, you don't get excellence status for nothing its earned, but that doesn't come in line with the Jones Master Plan, what ever that is only he knows

These 'quangoes' can be bribed, as most politicians seem to be.

Less 04-04-2010 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 803348)

If only graham knows his master plan, how do you know it doesn't come in line with it?

Or are you like the primary school Tory always willing to assume and hope that people will interpret assumption as truth?
:confused:

garinda 04-04-2010 23:20

Ms. Buckley, and her team, have apparently already started a telephone campaign, which started on April 1st, in order to try and secure our votes.

How they stand legally, in reference to calling those residents who've perhaps chosen to opt out from receiving unsolicited calls, made from within the U.K., remains open to debate.

Expect calls from the team, headed by
- kebuckley Team Leader (sic),

(What did I say, about having a good grasp on English and punctuation? You can either have that, or the ability to fashion a napkin into a swan, but Queen Mary's girls can't have both sets of skills.)

- Jack Whalley Member,
- Anthony Griffiths Member,
- Andrew Barrett Member.

Call for Change | MyConservatives.com

Personally, if I receive any unsolicited calls I keep a whistle by the phone, to blast the ears of the bad mannered intruders, with a piercing, shrill, blast on the old tin whistle.

So I should be ok, and still hold on to the hope of a much more personal face to face meet with....what's her name? Oh yeah, 'keb'.

:rolleyes:

cashman 04-04-2010 23:26

Cheeky Lazy Gits are in fer a hell of a shock if they ring this house.:( trust alcopops to jump on board.:rolleyes:

garinda 04-04-2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803473)
Cheeky Lazy Gits are in fer a hell of a shock if they ring this house.:( trust alcopops to jump on board.:rolleyes:

It's a bit like a modern day Oliver Twist, but with Bill Sykes dead, and Fagin scarpered, there's only old Nancy, and her three little raggamuffins left to do the pickin'.

Gawd bless 'em. Each and every one.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Less 05-04-2010 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803471)
Ms. Buckley, and her team, have apparently already started a telephone campaign, which started on April 1st, in order to try and secure our votes.

Expect calls from the team, headed by
- kebuckley Team Leader (sic),

(What did I say, about having a good grasp on English and punctuation? You can either have that, or the ability to fashion a napkin into a swan, but Queen Mary's girls can't have both sets of skills.)

So I should be ok, and still hold on to the hope of a much more personal face to face meet with....what's her name? Oh yeah, 'keb'.

So, still with nothing in the Coffers, this name changing Chameleon and her helpers decide on a more anti-social and expensive method of getting in touch with the people she wishes to represent.

No walk-about getting to know the area she is obviously so keen to represent.

Well, I suppose it could be worse, we could have been sub-contracted out to some call centre full of Eastern promise and asked for our votes by people with dark brown voices all of whom for some strange reason claim to be called Derek.
:alright:

SPUGGIE J 05-04-2010 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803486)
So, still with nothing in the Coffers, this name changing Chameleon and her helpers decide on a more anti-social and expensive method of getting in touch with the people she wishes to represent.

No walk-about getting to know the area she is obviously so keen to represent.

Well, I suppose it could be worse, we could have been sub-contracted out to some call centre full of Eastern promise and asked for our votes by people with dark brown voices all of whom for some strange reason claim to be called Derek.
:alright:

At least the door dosnt get slammed in her face and there is the fact if people give her a spiel the phone line accidently drops. :mosher:

garinda 05-04-2010 09:46

'It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.'
TPS Registration

Well it looks like those residents who have registrered their number with the Telephone Preference Service won't be getting unsolicited calls from keb (sic), and her team.

As there are fines of up to £5,000. if callers break the law, and I don't think the thermometer has enough donations at present, to cover such hefty fines.

Perhaps we could keep a tally here, of those people who are lucky enough to receive a call from the team.

Personally I can't really see the need to have moved to Rishton, she could be back home in Lytham, and have got on the blower, asking people to vote for her.

Less 05-04-2010 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803515)
Personally I can't really see the need to have moved to Rishton, she could be back home in Lytham, and have got on the blower, asking people to vote for her.

Perhaps she has signed up with Virgin, local calls are free Virgin to Virgin, that will save money.

If she has, two ways of thinking about it, Lucky me, I won't get a call I'm not a virgin customer.

Or

What has she got against me just because I'm a non Virgin?

andrewb 05-04-2010 10:43

Not really any surprise that candidate's campaigners might do telephone canvassing as well as door knocking. Karen might be full of youth and knocking on doors, but not everyone is able to run around the streets all day. Makes sense still getting people involved, whichever party is doing the telecanvassing.

garinda 05-04-2010 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803541)
Karen might be full of youth

As long as it's lawful, and no one receives unsolicited calls, who've registreed their number with the TPS, I'm sure her youthful team will find it very rewarding.

g jones 05-04-2010 11:59

Andrew Barratt is 'our' Andrew no less. Jack Whalley is a student protestor from Bristol over the wind farm. Jack called me without mentioning he was a Tory over the protest. The other guy I think I know.

I think Karen would have been better advised to deliver her leaflets with activists like everyone does. Putting it in the Observer as a free flyer is lazy. People want to see you delivering them, putting the effort in.

As for Jack Whalley, recruiting anti-green protester isn't very good when the party logo is a blue going green piece of broccoli. Say one thing in public, do another in private.

garinda 05-04-2010 12:05

That's one of the benefit of having such a youthful team, you can take advantage of the school holidays.

garinda 05-04-2010 12:08

Though as they warn on television phone-ins, I hope they get permission from the responsible adult who pays the phone bill, before they start making unsolicited calls.

yerself 05-04-2010 12:14

Don't tell 'em half a story. Here's how to do it.

YouTube - MyConservatives.com: Telephone canvassing with Lua Cooper

garinda 05-04-2010 12:23

Step one was a useful tip.

Make sure they answer the phone, before going on with the scripted spiel.

Less 05-04-2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 803573)
Andrew Barratt is 'our' Andrew no less.

Too bloody right there is no Less!:mad:

By the way I know he doesn't do questions but, andrew, why are you planning to sit on your backside and not get out there meeting the people on Kb's behalf?

Could it be that if she can't be bothered why should you?

P.S. If you do happen upon the page with my 'phone number on it save yourself the price of a call you will only get the same answer as any other party or business that uses this method of irritating me.

andrewb 05-04-2010 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803581)
Too bloody right there is no Less!:mad:

andrew, why are you planning to sit on your backside and not get out there meeting the people on Kb's behalf?

I'm not planning to sit on my backside. Not quite sure why you'd think I would be!

andrewb 05-04-2010 13:59

Well what would you know? I had just pressed submit on my previous post and got a phone call, from my local Labour Party.

We are on the telephone preference service. Tut tut.

I originally thought it was a tele-sales call, wanting to sell me a brand new phone, due to the broken English. Perhaps they're outsourcing it, to avoid TPS.

Less 05-04-2010 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803599)
Well what would you know? I had just pressed submit on my previous post and got a phone call, from my local Labour Party.

We are on the telephone preference service. Tut tut.

I originally thought it was a tele-sales call, wanting to sell me a brand new phone, due to the broken English. Perhaps they're outsourcing it, to avoid TPS.

If for once you aren't exaggerating the truth, then yes, I agree disgraceful, but, knowing your track record, just to get into the mood for Easter, like doubting Thomas I for one, would need to see some proof, if the Messiah's word wasn't good enough for him, your word is no longer good enough for me.

Less 05-04-2010 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803608)
If for once you aren't exaggerating the truth, then yes, I agree disgraceful, but, knowing your track record, just to get into the mood for Easter, like doubting Thomas I for one, would need to see some proof, if the Messiah's word wasn't good enough for him, your word is no longer good enough for me.

How strange, still on line and yet unlike other days when you think you're on a winner, no immediate reply to put me in my place, if you want I'll ask one of the mod's to put a question mark at the end of the above post then you can ignore it officially.

andrewb 05-04-2010 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803608)

I'm not really sure how I'd 'prove' that I got a phone call..

Less 05-04-2010 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803683)
I'm not really sure how I'd 'prove' that I got a phone call..

Do an F.O.I. on your 'phone bill.

andrewb 05-04-2010 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803684)
Do an F.O.I. on your 'phone bill.

I did 1471 it but it was a withheld number! A friend has also had a phone call today. I'm sure Labour could just confirm they're calling people if you really need proof. :D

My friends call was from somebody that sounded local though, so I doubt they were outsourcing.

Less 05-04-2010 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803685)
I did 1471 it but it was a withheld number! A friend has also had a phone call today. I'm sure Labour could just confirm they're calling people if you really need proof. :D

My friends call was from somebody that sounded local though, so I doubt they were outsourcing.

It's still Easter Monday, Thomas rules O.K.?????
?????

?????
:mosher:
Come on Jesus baby show us your hand!

It's your 'claim', maybe you're right, I don't know, how many times have you demanded proof, (So far none put forward by the claimant, YOU), even then, you've ignored it when given, haven't you?:D

Sorry a question, see you tomorrow after your fitful sleep.

garinda 06-04-2010 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 803688)
It's still Easter Monday, Thomas rules O.K.?????
?????

?????
:mosher:
Come on Jesus baby show us your hand!

It's your 'claim', maybe you're right, I don't know, how many times have you demanded proof, (So far none put forward by the claimant, YOU), even then, you've ignored it when given, haven't you?:D

Sorry a question, see you tomorrow after your fitful sleep.

One of his little friends has been telephoned by the Conservatives, to try and secure their vote.
  1. @lefty_lisa bit upset that your lot have telephone canvassed me.. means I don't get you on the doorstep! :( about 18 hours ago via Tweetie

andrewb 06-04-2010 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803892)
One of his little friends has been telephoned by the Conservatives, to try and secure their vote.
  1. @lefty_lisa bit upset that your lot have telephone canvassed me.. means I don't get you on the doorstep! :( about 18 hours ago via Tweetie

Shame you didn't bother to understand Twitter before writing that. :rolleyes:

garinda 06-04-2010 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803908)

Happily I have the ability to be able to understand, and read English.

;)

andrewb 06-04-2010 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803946)
Happily I have the ability to be able to understand, and read English.

;)

Failed to understand how Twitter works before copy and pasting, though. :rolleyes:

cashman 06-04-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803908)

Well its easy to understand the childish planks that use twitter.:rolleyes:

andrewb 06-04-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803951)
Well its easy to understand the childish planks that use twitter.:rolleyes:

I'm sure @clrjones is a lot of things, but he's not a childish plank! :D

garinda 06-04-2010 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803949)
Failed to understand how Twitter works before copy and pasting, though. :rolleyes:

Not at all.

Pefectly understood, and happy with the results.

;)

andrewb 06-04-2010 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803961)
Not at all.

Pefectly understood, and happy with the results.

;)

Nice to see you're happy with being incorrect.

My friend wasn't telephoned by the Conservatives. I wrote what you quoted, about being called by Labour, not her, you silly boy! :D

cashman 06-04-2010 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803953)
I'm sure @clrjones is a lot of things, but he's not a childish plank! :D

not all who use twitter are, yer inability to read as rindy mentioned is glaring, still if the cap fits.:rolleyes::D

garinda 06-04-2010 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803966)
not all who use twitter are, yer inability to read as rindy mentioned is glaring, still if the cap fits.:rolleyes::D

cashman 06-04-2010 10:43

I apologise its not as much the reading, its comprehension ya have always struggled with.:rolleyes:

garinda 06-04-2010 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803976)
I apologise its not as much the reading, its comprehension ya have always struggled with.:rolleyes:

'Truth' is a very difficult concept for some to comprehend.

garinda 08-04-2010 23:36

'TOWN hall chiefs have today apologised after failing to answer the phone to callers.'

'Fylde Council says it has been inundated with calls about at its busiest time of the year.'

'And now Coun Karen Buckley, cabinet member for partnerships and community engagement, said: "We would like to apologise to those customers that have struggled to get through to the council over the last week and to those that have had to wait for their call to be answered.'

'Coun Buckley said the council had tried to recruit temporary staff to fill the void.'
Town hall sorry for phone fury - Blackpool Today

So that's why she's been too busy to be visible to many of the resident here in Hyndburn, she's been busy apologising for the phones not being answered at the seaside.

Still it's nice to see she's managed to recruit at least three of our underemployed youngsters, to help man the phone lines.

Call for Change | MyConservatives.com

cashman 08-04-2010 23:51

Well at least she popped round to see Less.:D

garinda 09-04-2010 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 804771)
Well at least she popped round to see Less.:D

Probably to check if he was having trouble booking tickets for the Tower Circus.

garinda 10-04-2010 15:50

'Hello, are you local?'

At first I thought it was someone visiting the area, who wanted to know which street our Harvey Nicks was on, until she introduced herself, as our Conservative candidate.

If I hadn't been busing chatting to my non-local second cousin, whilst sat in the sunshine on Broadway, I should have replied 'Yes, I am local. Are You?'

A very pleasant young lady.

Though I expected nothing less.

odders 10-04-2010 21:53

haha...tell us more;)have you been formerly introduced:rolleyes:

garinda 10-04-2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 805331)
haha...tell us more;)have you been formerly introduced:rolleyes:

Yes, after enquiring if I was 'local', she intoduced herself, and gave me her leaflet. Sadly the same one that came through my door.

It was all a bit League of Gentlemen, but with public school accents.

'This is a local election, for local people. We'll have no trouble here.'

YouTube - Tubbs and Edward. League of Gentlemen Season 1 Ep. 1.

jaysay 14-04-2010 09:45

I didn't think I would be contributing to this thread again, but I've just received a personal letter from Ms Buckley, telling me why I should vote for her on May 6th, backed up by loads of statistics that any committed Conservative would already know, she also thanks me in anticipation of my support, um, there was also a PS. reminding me that there are also local elections too on the same day and to vote for the local Conservative candidate:eek: err I've been doing that for 40 odd years love and don't need reminding. Considering I've been having my ear bent lately about vote for her on May 6th, this has not changed my mind, I stated I would resign my Party Membership and would not support any candidate from any imposed list irrespective of who is on it, I am still going to keep my promise:(

garinda 14-04-2010 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806262)
I didn't think I would be contributing to this thread again, but I've just received a personal letter from Ms Buckley, telling me why I should vote for her on May 6th, backed up by loads of statistics that any committed Conservative would already know, she also thanks me in anticipation of my support, um, there was also a PS. reminding me that there are also local elections too on the same day and to vote for the local Conservative candidate:eek: err I've been doing that for 40 odd years love and don't need reminding. Considering I've been having my ear bent lately about vote for her on May 6th, this has not changed my mind, I stated I would resign my Party Membership and would not support any candidate from any imposed list irrespective of who is on it, I am still going to keep my promise:(

You won't be voting for her, even though your prefered candidate of choice, has publicly backed her?

It's all very complicated.

Like a farce, but without the French windows.

'Whoops, where's my trousers?....I think my imposed candidate's leaflet's in the pocket.'

jaysay 14-04-2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806267)
You won't be voting for her, even though your prefered candidate of choice, has publicly backed her?

It's all very complicated.

Like a farce, but without the French windows.

'Whoops, where's my trousers?....I think my imposed candidate's leaflet's in the pocket.'

When I say something I mean it. END OF STORY

garinda 14-04-2010 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806272)
When I say something I mean it. END OF STORY

Sorry, I thought the saga was on going, after you'd posted again in the thread, after saying you wouldn't, and then continued, as you have just now as well.

Like I say, it's all very complicated for those outside the story to comprehend.

Tealeaf 14-04-2010 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806274)
Like I say, it's all very complicated for those outside the story to comprehend.

I think it reads like a Mills & Boon bodice ripper.

garinda 14-04-2010 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 806275)
I think it reads like a Mills & Boon bodice ripper.

Come on, with my mention of jolly hockey sticks, and girl's public schools at the seaside, it's a bit more racy than Mills & Boons.

Brown paper bag stuff.

Tealeaf 14-04-2010 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806279)
Come on, with my mention of jolly hockey sticks, and girl's public schools at the seaside, it's a bit more racy than Mills & Boons.

Brown paper bag stuff.

You ain't been reading your Mills & Boon recently.

Just think of the plot.....London decides, at the very last moment, to parachute their redoubtable agent into dark, hostile and rugged territory.Her Obective? To sieze a vital constituency in the great offensive planned for May 6th. What happens? Nowt! Most of those supposed to be on her side desert..they will not fight. She knows not who is friend or foe........

steeljack 15-04-2010 05:18

probably should be a new thread , but does anyone have any comments about the other candidates who have been knocking on their doors , from the BBC website it seems there are 4 or 5 others standing against G Jones and K Buckley. Could any of the others be "spoilers" for the two main candidates

(Andrew B or Garinda feel free to set up a new thread poll/comments thread featuring about how Accy web users feel about all the candidates) ;)

garinda 15-04-2010 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 806506)
(Andrew B or Garinda feel free to set up a new thread poll/comments thread featuring about how Accy web users feel about all the candidates) ;)

Here you go, all the candidates. Though I have listed them all before, for those unable to find out all this information themselves. Always happy to oblige.

UKIP - Granville Barker

Liberal Democrat - Andrew Rankine

Conservative - Karen Buckley

Green - Kerry Gormley

Christian Peoples Alliance - Kevin Logan

Labour - Graham Jones

English Democrats - Chris Reid

BNP - Andrew Eccles.

Hyndburn (UK Parliament constituency) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incidentally, the first thread about a candidate in the forthcoming General Election, and started by myself, was way back in September.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...gan-49652.html

;)

jaysay 15-04-2010 09:07

Garinda Star of Stage Screen and Wikipedia;)

garinda 15-04-2010 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806539)
Garinda Star of Stage Screen and Wikipedia;)

The list of all the candidates is there, and available for all to access, if they can be bothered to look, but those in the press didn't cut and paste as neatly as from Wikipedia.

;)

jaysay 15-04-2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806553)
The list of all the candidates is there, and available for all to access, if they can be bothered to look, but those in the press didn't cut and paste as neatly as from Wikipedia.

;)

Who cares

garinda 15-04-2010 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806559)
Who cares

Er...presumably you, since you've now posted twice in this thread about it.

jaysay 15-04-2010 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806563)
Er...presumably you, since you've now posted twice in this thread about it.

There ain't a candidate I'll be voting for, so I don't care;)

garinda 15-04-2010 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806571)
There ain't a candidate I'll be voting for, so I don't care;)

:dummy2:

jaysay 15-04-2010 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 806574)
:dummy2:

:thefinger:thefinger:thefinger

garinda 19-04-2010 23:41

There doesn't seem to be much cohesion or co-operation, between the two Conservative camps, currently campaigning for the elections.

Just after lunch a new flyer landed on the mat, from Karen Buckley. Same old, same old, but there was a message from Ken Barlow/Bill Roache. He lived in Rossendale years ago, before moving away, so his link to Hyndburn seems as tenuous as Ms. Buckley's claims to be 'local'. Which made him odd choice to have on her literature.

In the late afternoon the bell rang, and there was Cllr. Addison, campaigning for Peter Britcliffe.

It was good to have some verbal communication with at least one of the two disparate bodies that are currently operating in Hyndburn, under the banner of the Conservative party.

steeljack 20-04-2010 01:07

Quote:

from the BBC website it seems there are 4 or 5 others standing against G Jones and K Buckley. Could any of the others be "spoilers" for the two main candidates

(;)

UKIP - Granville Barker

Liberal Democrat - Andrew Rankine

Conservative - Karen Buckley

Green - Kerry Gormley

Christian Peoples Alliance - Kevin Logan

Labour - Graham Jones

English Democrats - Chris Reid

BNP - Andrew Eccles.

Didn't get any responses to the original question , anyone care to comment who they think "strategic" voting will affect the most .......Will local disaffected (Dummies out of the pram)Tories go for UKIP or the Lib-Dems and give Jones an easy victory ? Will traditional "hard working tax paying employed" Labour voters switch to the BNP as a reaction to Labours image as being a soft touch for the 'feckless and immigrants' or will they go for the Lib-Dems or just abstain
thanks

accyman 20-04-2010 02:10

got stuck behind a bus today in traffic which isnt the most pleasant experience at teh best of times with the fumes working their way into your car but to have a great big whopping conservitive karren buckley poster staring at you while you choke on the fumes just adds insult to injury.

mind you it was a red bus so i was getting mixed signals,surely there are some blue busses that they could have used or somthing but anything other than red ones surely :confused:

garinda 20-04-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 808080)
Didn't get any responses to the original question

Quote:

probably should be a new thread , but does anyone have any comments about the other candidates who have been knocking on their doors , from the BBC website it seems there are 4 or 5 others standing

Er, yes you did.

You got one reply, from myself.

Pointing out that the first offically named candidate to have their own thread, and who incidentally wasn't from one of the main parties, was about the Christian Peoples (sic) Alliance candidate.

;)

claytonender 20-04-2010 18:21

The full list of candidates for the Parliamentary Election to be held on May 6 2010 as as follows
Craig Ian Hall - Independent
David Shapcott - BNP
Kevin Logan - Christian People's Alliance
Karen Elizabeth Buckley - Conservative Party
Christopher Anthony Reid - English Democratic Party
Kerry Gormley - The Green Party
Graham Peter Jones - The Labour Party
Andrew Rankine - Liberal Democats
Granville Barker - United Kingdom Independence Party

accyman 20-04-2010 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 808367)
Granville Barker - Arkwright's Independence Party

i think someones mummy or daddy was an open all hours fan :D

claytonender 20-04-2010 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 808431)
i think someones mummy or daddy was an open all hours fan :D

He is a little to old for his parents to have beenfans of open all hours :)

Boeing Guy 24-04-2010 12:38

No visit off the elusive Karen, but a nice leaflet with recommendation of Bill Roach, he's on telly so they say...
So had a leaflet off the three main parties and Rev Kev so far, any more to come?

shillelagh 24-04-2010 12:47

i think the other candidates have forgotten my area .. ive got a leaflet from graham jones, i got one from karen buckley that was in the accy observer ... but none from any other candidate ...

Gayle 24-04-2010 14:07

I've had a leaflet off Graham Jones, plus received two copies off the Labour Councillors leaflet in the Accy Obs. I've also been phone canvassed by the Labour party. I've had a letter off Peter Britcliffe and a small flyer through the door for Karen Buckley.

The only visit that I've had so far was from a Conservative canvasser who was campaigning on behalf of Peter. Towards the end of the conversation she asked if I'd received Karen's full leaflet, which I hadn't so she gave me one.

So basically the two main parties are trying fairly hard to get my vote. I'm just hoping the others don't forget us because I really do want to know more about all the parties this time. I would class myself as a floating voter for this election so I need to make an informed decision.

jaysay 24-04-2010 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 809734)
I've had a leaflet off Graham Jones, plus received two copies off the Labour Councillors leaflet in the Accy Obs. I've also been phone canvassed by the Labour party. I've had a letter off Peter Britcliffe and a small flyer through the door for Karen Buckley.

The only visit that I've had so far was from a Conservative canvasser who was campaigning on behalf of Peter. Towards the end of the conversation she asked if I'd received Karen's full leaflet, which I hadn't so she gave me one.

So basically the two main parties are trying fairly hard to get my vote. I'm just hoping the others don't forget us because I really do want to know more about all the parties this time. I would class myself as a floating voter for this election so I need to make an informed decision.

You could always use the Eeny Meeny Minny Mo system Gayle :D

cashman 24-04-2010 17:36

got a leaflet off buckley this aft, very disapointed, can't use as bog roll, have had to re-cycle.:rolleyes:

Less 24-04-2010 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 809746)
You could always use the Eeny Meeny Minny Mo system Gayle :D

Sounds like a good line up of politicians how come we haven't had leaflets from that lot?

I think Minny is the mother of the Marx brothers though, so is she eligible to stand for election over here?

jaysay 25-04-2010 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 809853)
Sounds like a good line up of politicians how come we haven't had leaflets from that lot?

I think Minny is the mother of the Marx brothers though, so is she eligible to stand for election over here?

Ya she was born in Birmingham:D

shillelagh 27-04-2010 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 809716)
i think the other candidates have forgotten my area .. ive got a leaflet from graham jones, i got one from karen buckley that was in the accy observer ... but none from any other candidate ...

Someone must have read this .. what did i get yesterday all wrapped up with a letter from the childrens society and an offer of a coloured £5 coin celebrating the battle of britain for a fiver .... i got a leaflet from UKIP, a leaflet from rev logan and one from karen buckley ...

Now ... besides sharing the same leaflet distributor .. can i ask how come there hasnt been a change in planning from a social club to a house .. because karen buckley has on her election leaflet: Promoted by stan horne on behalf of karen buckley both of Oswaldtwistle & Church Conservative Club, rhyddings st, oswaldtwistle ...

andrewb 27-04-2010 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 810373)
Someone must have read this .. what did i get yesterday all wrapped up with a letter from the childrens society and an offer of a coloured £5 coin celebrating the battle of britain for a fiver .... i got a leaflet from UKIP, a leaflet from rev logan and one from karen buckley ...

Now ... besides sharing the same leaflet distributor .. can i ask how come there hasnt been a change in planning from a social club to a house .. because karen buckley has on her election leaflet: Promoted by stan horne on behalf of karen buckley both of Oswaldtwistle & Church Conservative Club, rhyddings st, oswaldtwistle ...

I imagine the same leaflet distributor is the Royal Mail. :D

The imprint (promoted by bit) is just a place of contact. Most candidates put an office address on the imprint.

shillelagh 27-04-2010 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 810377)

The imprint (promoted by bit) is just a place of contact. Most candidates put an office address on the imprint.

as its not recycling week i still got the leaflets ..

K Buckley: Promoted by Stan Horne on behalf of Karen Buckley both of Oswaldtwistle and Church Conservative Club, rhyddings st, oswaldtwistle BB5 3HH. Printed by Academy Print & Design (UK) Ltd, Altham, Accrington.

Granville Barker (UKIP): Published and promoted by Paul Nuttall on behalf of United Kingdom Independence Party, Lexdrum House, Unit 1, King Charles Business Park, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6UT. Printed by Atkinson Print, Hartlepool.

Graham Jones: Printed by Dalton & Co (Printers) Ltd, Oxford Street, Accrington. Published by Doreen Pollitt at 50 Abbey St, Accrington BB5 1EE on behalf of the candidate Graham Jones (Graham Jones's address is at the top of the leaflet)

Kevin Logan (whatever): Printed by Direct Ed Printing Service, Iron Works, Accrington. Promoted by Stephen Cox, 1 Billinge Close, Blackburn, BB5 6SB on behalf of Kevin Logan of 119 Kingsway, Church, Accrington, Lancs.

Well can i congratulate the candidates who have supported the local business's ... who had their leaflets printed by a local printer .. that is putting the cash back into the local economy ...

jaysay 27-04-2010 10:20

Tories add Hyndburn to their target list (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Ah Well, be afraid Graham, be very afraid:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

jaysay 27-04-2010 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 810377)

Got 5 at once today Tory, Labour, UKIP, REV KEV, BNP, must have been delivered by the Royal Mail because the one from Graham was addressed to me, only the RM would deliver this type of leaflet

cashman 27-04-2010 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 810386)
Tories add Hyndburn to their target list (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Ah Well, be afraid Graham, be very afraid:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

yeh cos i read our new members letter.:D:rolleyes:

garinda 07-05-2010 08:35

:ello:

Be sure to stay in touch.

I'm sure we'll see you around, having such strong ties here.

cashman 07-05-2010 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 812923)
:ello:

Be sure to stay in touch.

I'm sure we'll see you around, having such strong ties here.

Perhaps being so bonded to this area, she will have a pop at the locals? P.B. be very afraid.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

odders 07-05-2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812925)
Perhaps being so bonded to this area, she will have a pop at the locals? P.B. be very afraid.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:she wouldn't even speak to the local rag let alone the local folk :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

cashman 07-05-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 812948)
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:she wouldn't even speak to the local rag let alone the local folk :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

was obvious she was doomed, after shaking hands wi jen.:D

jaysay 07-05-2010 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 812959)
was obvious she was doomed, after shaking hands wi jen.:D

Imagine what would have happened if Spugs had have been there too:D

jaysay 07-05-2010 10:38

YouTube - The Seekers - The Carnival Is Over.(1968)
Bit of easy listening for Mrs Buckley:D

odders 07-05-2010 12:02

As she left the building,did she leave the town?

YouTube - -The Three Degrees- -When will see you again-

cashman 07-05-2010 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 796851)
If selected as your Conservative Prospective Parliamentary Candidate
I WILL resign immediately from my job as a lawyer, find local accommodation and work for the constituents of Hyndburn
Karen Buckley

Perhaps this news might kick start the local housing market.

thats her knackered, the housing market knackered, which amazes me wi our own Andrew at her side.:rolleyes::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Less 07-05-2010 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 812948)

Excuse me? That young Laydee had good taste, she knocked on my door and held me entranced for several milli-seconds.

jaysay 07-05-2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 813044)
Excuse me? That young Laydee had good taste, she knocked on my door and held me entranced for several milli-seconds.

Hell Less so long, your attention span is increasing by the minute:D:p

Less 07-05-2010 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 813046)
Hell Less so long, your attention span is increasing by the minute:D:p

Oh, Hi J' You're minder in today reading post's out to you?

I Said,

Oh, Hi J' You're minder in today reading post's out to you?

What a shame I really thought I'd made contact then, still we'll give it another 5 years....

:(