Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Frogs ban Burka (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/frogs-ban-burka-53987.html)

Tealeaf 13-07-2010 18:07

Frogs ban Burka

I see that the French lower house in their National Assembly have voted by a margin of 335-1 to ban the wearing of the full veil - Burka, Hiqab - in public. Can you imagine our lot voting on this? My guess is it would be 335-1 the other way. Lets just hope the Frogs can get this made into European law, because that will be one law I will fully back.

DaveinGermany 13-07-2010 18:12

Re: Frogs ban Burka

Apparently it needs final confirmation sometime in September when it goes before the Senate.

French parliament set to approve veil ban - Europe, World - The Independent

Tealeaf 13-07-2010 18:16

If Raoul Moat had have had any intelligence, he would have slipped on a Burka.

cashman 13-07-2010 18:16

Don't matter sod alls gonna happen, some millionaire has already pledged £1 million to pay the fines of anyone that gets done, also other businessmen are promising similar.:rolleyes: fines only gonna be 125 euros or so.:rolleyes:

Tealeaf 13-07-2010 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 828637)
Don't matter sod alls gonna happen, some millionaire has already pledged £1 million to pay the fines of anyone that gets done, also other businessmen are promising similar.:rolleyes: fines only gonna be 125 euros or so.:rolleyes:

Knowing the Frogs, any businessman that comes out with this will immeadiatly lose any government contracts, will have his books examined in minute detail and will generally have his life made hell.

cashman 13-07-2010 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 828642)
Knowing the Frogs, any businessman that comes out with this will immeadiatly lose any government contracts, will have his books examined in minute detail and will generally have his life made hell.

Probably so T, but doubt there are very few multi- millionaires dumb enough to take that on board without knowing the score.;)

jaysay 13-07-2010 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 828656)
Probably so T, but doubt there are very few multi- millionaires dumb enough to take that on board without knowing the score.;)

Muslims 1 Frogs 0:rolleyes:

Tealeaf 13-07-2010 19:11

One thing about the Frogs is that they don't mess about with any of this civil rights nonsense. Any of you two ever come up against the CRS? I can tell you a little story about them, me and a Parisian dust cart - but that will have to be for another time. Otherwise, you should be old enough to remember the Paris 'Massacre' of October 1961, the last time some of the French North African muslims decidied to protest against French policy. If their Assembley votes by these overwhelming numbers, you can be dam sure they are not going to mess about and allow for any compromise, given the fact the Belgians, Dutch and Italians are going down the same road.

jaysay 13-07-2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 828663)
One thing about the Frogs is that they don't mess about with any of this civil rights nonsense. Any of you two ever come up against the CRS? I can tell you a little story about them, me and a Parisian dust cart - but that will have to be for another time. Otherwise, you should be old enough to remember the Paris 'Massacre' of October 1961, the last time some of the French North African muslims decidied to protest against French policy. If their Assembley votes by these overwhelming numbers, you can be dam sure they are not going to mess about and allow for any compromise, given the fact the Belgians, Dutch and Italians are going down the same road.

It won't happen here anytime soon though Tealeaf

Tealeaf 13-07-2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 828664)

That was my original point.

cashman 13-07-2010 21:33

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 828665)
That was my original point.

It won't happen again oer yon is my point,IMHO. the world has changed big time in last 50yrs, not always fer the better.

accyman 13-07-2010 21:55

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

not with statistics like these it wont :rolleyes:

bygum67 13-07-2010 23:19

Bring back Enoch Powell - The supreme function... One of the best pollies England how true he was.

accyman 14-07-2010 03:39

lol i saw this on another forum covering this topic and just had to share :D

Quote:

I saw a muslim woman coming out of McDonalds the other day with a Dairylea slice stuck to her face. I asked her if it was some kind of new designer Niqab?

She said no….it’s a Cheese Burka!

jaysay 14-07-2010 09:09

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 828726)
not with statistics like these it wont :rolleyes:

Can you please translate accyman:rolleyes::D looks like too much writing or a simple no:p