Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Internationalist approach at H.B.C. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/internationalist-approach-at-h-b-c-59847.html)

cashman 20-11-2011 11:04

Re: Internationalist approach at H.B.C.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 949939)
That will only become applicable around the 1st of April 2012 cashy;)

Oh i know, but i base me assumption on the simple fact,even though we don't know who voted what way,on the serious issue, NOT one councillor has spoken either in the media or online that they are "Against", also knowing a few of em,i cannot accept it was a mistake or stupidity, so what else is left?

Tealeaf 20-11-2011 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 949955)
Oh so what else is left?

Conspiracy.

cashman 20-11-2011 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 949958)
Conspiracy.

Possibly but the reason if so,reverts to votes?

garinda 20-11-2011 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 949955)
Oh i know, but i base me assumption on the simple fact,even though we don't know who voted what way,on the serious issue, NOT one councillor has spoken either in the media or online that they are "Against", also knowing a few of em,i cannot accept it was a mistake or stupidity, so what else is left?

Oh come on Cashy.

If you had a nice friend, who asked you to jump in the canal, your only question would be, after saying yes of course, would be to ask which canal.

:rolleyes:

cashman 20-11-2011 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 949961)
Oh come on Cashy.

If you had a nice friend, who asked you to jump in the canal, your only question would be, after saying yes of course, would be to ask which canal.

:rolleyes:

True i'm assuming it was pretty unanimous.

Tealeaf 20-11-2011 11:58

There is possibly one reason that both the local and national media are keeping this quiet and that relates to jobs. As most of you are aware, the large parts of the Eurofighter Typhoon are manufactured within the county, at Warton and Salmesbury. There are quite a few people around Accy who work at those sites. Some of you may even have seen them flying around the Preston area. The plane is of course, the RAF's new frontline fighter, alongside that of several European air forces. The French, however stick to their own - the Rafale. Both aircraft flew numerous sorties in Libya.

The Typhoon is the better plane, but that comes with a higher price tag. Any foreign buyer has to make the balance. Within the next few months, The Indian Air Force will decide on its new fighter. Having discounted various US and Russian planes, the selection is now down to the final two - the Typhoon and the Rafale. Obviously, many jobs are at stake. The final decision will be made in a couple of months. We all know what the Frogs are like - they'll do 'owt to get the multi-billion contract.

Can you imagine, therefore, what the reaction would be in India's defence department should they find out that a lunatic council in England, in an area where this plane is manufactured, is actively encouraging Kashmiri and fundamentalist Islamic terrorism? It's a no-brainer.

Acrylic-bob 20-11-2011 12:22

Are you suggesting, T, that certain of Hyndburn's worthiest of worthies, is/are prepared to act as a catspaw for the damned French (spits)?

Tealeaf 20-11-2011 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 949977)
Are you suggesting, T, that certain of Hyndburn's worthiest of worthies, is/are prepared to act as a catspaw for the damned French (spits)?

Nah....other than selling out any remaining principles they may have had in exchange for a few votes, most of 'em have not got a clue what they are doing. None of them seem to have any idea of the wider implications of what they did on the 10th November.

I would just like one of them...just one, I don't care who, to come back on here and justify their actions.

Acrylic-bob 20-11-2011 12:57

Come on, T, both of us are long enough in the tooth to know that the invertebrates who inhabit Scaitcliffe Towers are not going to show their pasty faces on here until they are absolutely certain that the heat has died down and they can get back to their favorite occupation of stabbing each other in the back.

God, that was a long sentence!

Less 20-11-2011 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 949984)

I would just like one of them...just one, I don't care who, to come back on here and justify their actions.

I hope you have plenty of patience.

Still it will give you plenty of time to perfect the art of platting sawdust, then you will be offered the chance to pass on your skills with a demonstration day at the Market Hall.
Please remember you won't have to bring your own tools, the Council will pay for the hire of anything you may need to use!

garinda 20-11-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 949992)
Come on, T, both of us are long enough in the tooth to know that the invertebrates who inhabit Scaitcliffe Towers are not going to show their pasty faces on here until they are absolutely certain that the heat has died down and they can get back to their favorite occupation of stabbing each other in the back.

God, that was a long sentence!

I've emailed the one Hyndburn councillor, that I'm told spoke out against this madness, at last Thursday's full council meeting.

As they are Independent, I'm hoping for help in finding out exactly who did vote in favour of this resolution, and how best I can register my anger that this was done, and it not being done in my name.

Or presumably done in name of the 76,221 residents of Hyndburn, who don't 'identify themselves as Kashmiri'.

Acrylic-bob 20-11-2011 18:41

Just had a look at Ken Moss's Blog "Rishton First" Though he was crowing about the dog poo motion yesterday, there is no mention of the Kashmiri incident.

RISHTON FIRST

garinda 20-11-2011 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 950172)
Just had a look at Ken Moss's Blog "Rishton First" Though he was crowing about the dog poo motion yesterday, there is no mention of the Kashmiri incident.

RISHTON FIRST

Local dog poo?

Not international dog poo, in Azad Kashmir, say?

Bit of a retrograde step.

Slightly parochial.

A local councillor, concentrating on local issues.

That won't make international headlines.

If you're going to talk crap, at least make sure it's crap the world might sit up and take notice of.

Wynonie Harris 20-11-2011 19:16

One of the ironies of this scenario is that back in the day when we used to try to elicit councillors' opinions on various national and international issues, we were told that they were far too busy concentrating on local issues!

How times have changed! :rolleyes:

Neil 20-11-2011 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 949864)
'Two Central Ward Councillors including the portfolio holder for Community Cohesion and the Voluntary Sector strongly identify with Kashmiri heritage and have vocally supported the Kashmiri ethnic grouping at previous Community Cohesion & Equal Opportunity Working group meetings.'

'As part of a community consultation in 2005, a wide-cross section of Hyndburn’s ethnic minority communities (including Gt. Harwood) was asked by Cllr Allah Dad if they would support a separate Kashmiri identifier.'

'There was overwhelming support for this.'

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...206_report.pdf

Cllr Dad was the fella for community cohesion but was asking if people would support something separatist

Makes a lot of sense, not

Unless you think they might be trying to gain votes