Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Internationalist approach at H.B.C. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/internationalist-approach-at-h-b-c-59847.html)

Acrylic-bob 22-11-2011 17:08

Re: Internationalist approach at H.B.C.

I would love to hear Cllr Dad's defence of such barbaric and appalling inequality. Especially given that the council report I quoted in the Christmas Fireworks thread was presented to him

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa..._Framework.pdf

garinda 22-11-2011 17:22

Also I'm sure comments will be welcomed from any other known local politicans, who are members of this forum, and who've posted here in the past, even if it was only to push their own political agendas.

Graham Jones M.P.

Cllr. Peter Britcliffe.

Cllr. Ken Moss.

Cllr. Bernard Dawson.

Cllr. Judith Addison.

Cllr. Wendy Dwyer.

Cllr. Clare Pritchard.

Cllr. Joan Smith.

Cllr. Nick Whittaker.

jaysay 22-11-2011 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 950297)
True but yeh aint mentioned yer buddy being proud to support it?:confused:

I put them all in the same pot now cashy, I have given over discriminating;)

jaysay 22-11-2011 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 950669)
According to the Allowances lists, M. Dad claims even less than A. Dad. Even though M Dad is deputy leader of the Labour Group.

Sounds to me like its Dads army at HBC;)

jaysay 22-11-2011 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 950711)
Also I'm sure comments will be welcomed from any other known local politicans, who are members of this forum, and who've posted here in the past, even if it was only to push their own political agendas.

Graham Jones M.P.

Cllr. Peter Britcliffe.

Cllr. Ken Moss.

Cllr. Bernard Dawson.

Cllr. Judith Addison.

Cllr. Wendy Dwyer.

Cllr. Clare Pritchard.

Cllr. Joan Smith.

Cllr. Nick Whittaker.

You'd think Cllr Smith would have something to say, being the Chairman (ups sorry) Chair of the local Labour party

Acrylic-bob 22-11-2011 18:03

I'm sick of all this anti-sexist lesbian feminist PC crap. As far as I can recall Cllr Smith is of the female persuasion. I have nothing against that, we all have our cross to bear. A chair, the last time I looked, was a piece of furniture usually with four legs and is something you sit on. A chair, being an item of furniture does not, and cannot preside over a committee, a person does that.
The person who sits on the chair and presides over the committee is thus is properly termed either chairman or chairwoman. Got it?

jaysay 22-11-2011 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 950737)
I'm sick of all this anti-sexist lesbian feminist PC crap. As far as I can recall Cllr Smith is of the female persuasion. I have nothing against that, we all have our cross to bear. A chair, the last time I looked, was a piece of furniture usually with four legs and is something you sit on. A chair, being an item of furniture does not, and cannot preside over a committee, a person does that.
The person who sits on the chair and presides over the committee is thus is properly termed either chairman or chairwoman. Got it?

In total agreement Bob, only corrected myself with tongue in cheak, to me anybody who takes the meeting is the Chairman, simple as, nothing else

garinda 22-11-2011 18:40

How do the politically correct numpties manage to speak at all, in the many parts of the world, where they speak languages with gender specific words?

:rolleyes:

cashman 22-11-2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 950768)
How do the politically correct numpties manage to speak at all, in the many parts of the world, where they speak languages with gender specific words?

Indeed how? yet i found the way i speak is universal.:D;)

jaysay 23-11-2011 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 950768)

The problem is Rindi, we have people who say what others will feel without any proof what-so-ever, like ethnic minorities who they say are offended by us celebrating Christmas, absolute nonsense, besides that if it was true tuff, our country our traditions, shut up and ship out:mad:

gynn 23-11-2011 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 949859)
The Council has a procedure in place that should be used to review the resolution on Kashmir - the Overview and Scrutiny Committee. This seems a perfect case for O and S to review if it is felt the Council passed a resolution without being in full possession of the facts, or acted outside its terms of reference.

We are lucky to have the Chairman of one of the Overview and Scrutiny Committees as a regular contributor to this forum.

What is your view, Ken?

It's one thing to be embarrassed about a decision one has been party to.

It's quite another to show unspeakable rudeness by blanking a perfectly reasonable question when you hold a position of responsibility.

So once again, what is your view Ken?

jaysay 23-11-2011 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 950970)
It's one thing to be embarrassed about a decision one has been party to.

It's quite another to show unspeakable rudeness by blanking a perfectly reasonable question when you hold a position of responsibility.

So once again, what is your view Ken?

Ya mean he's been reading this thread and hasn't replied gynn:eek::eek:

gynn 23-11-2011 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 950974)
Ya mean he's been reading this thread and hasn't replied gynn:eek::eek:

My guess is Yes, jaysay. He spent all his time posting on this forum when he was in opposition, and old habits die hard! ;)

What does everybody else think?

garinda 23-11-2011 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 950987)
My guess is Yes, jaysay. He spent all his time posting on this forum when he was in opposition, and old habits die hard! ;)

What does everybody else think?

Perhaps his next post will be in Lost and Found.

Missing -

Balls.

One pair of.

accyman 23-11-2011 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 950881)
Indeed how? yet i found the way i speak is universal.:D;)

yeah no one can make sense of you lol :D