Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Going far too far! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/going-far-too-far-60557.html)

Margaret Pilkington 03-02-2012 13:32

Re: Going far too far!

If I delete my pictures on Flickr, they are no longer available......they cannot be seen. I am sure that if I deleted my stuff on here there would be the footprint of it in cyberspace, but the content would be gone.(the search engine takes you to the site where the stuff was originally...so if it had been deleted then it's substance would be gone)
And at some point I may just do that

As for your Mum, I am sure you know how to keep her sweet :)

Margaret Pilkington 03-02-2012 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 967507)
The answer to that is a very important, NO!

Any revenue AccyWeb gets is from donations, (not many of them), and google ad's, (not enough of them), otherwise it is at the expense of the hard working owner.

To sell individual and personal details would be illegal without their permission, and against his upbringing.

By the way, the over 18's section is private, the spiders aren't allowed in.

I am really pleased to read that Less. That reminds me my subs are due!

garinda 03-02-2012 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 967522)
If I delete my pictures on Flickr, they are no longer available......they cannot be seen. I am sure that if I deleted my stuff on here there would be the footprint of it in cyberspace, but the content would be gone.(the search engine takes you to the site where the stuff was originally...so if it had been deleted then it's substance would be gone)
And at some point I may just do that

As for your Mum, I am sure you know how to keep her sweet :)

Not sure about that.

My numerous avatars appear in search engine results, years and years after I deleted and changed them.

Margaret Pilkington 03-02-2012 13:42

I have just tried it on my flickr account and it gave me the message oops looks like this link is broken.

jaysay 03-02-2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 967483)
You may be right but I still feel more comfortable here, maybe it's shared origins, nostalgia or whatever. I did think hard before posting about my hospital stay, but I am glad I mentioned it because of all the support I have had.

Facebook seems to me very shallow with its meaningless likes and be my friend. Not my thing at all. And I don't particularly mind about not having control over who sees my posts here. I won't share if I feel I don't want it to be seen by whoever. And I quite like the way some of my nostalgia posts have been picked up by people searching the net, which has encouraged them to join Accyweb themselves.

I'm certainly with you here Susie, I much prefare this type of site to Facebook.

yerself 03-02-2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
I blame Thatcher

Well you got that one wrong, didn't you? It's 13 years of Labour misrule that's to blame, you ask jaysay.;)

cashman 03-02-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 967697)
Well you got that one wrong, didn't you? It's 13 years of Labour misrule that's to blame, you ask jaysay.;)

Disagree,Thatcher created "New Labour" without evening knowing she would.;)

jaysay 04-02-2012 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 967697)

Don't really matter you can pick out Labour from any term in Government they're all screw ups;)