Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Boston Bombing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/boston-bombing-64052.html)

jaysay 16-04-2013 08:24

Boston Bombing

The people who do this type of thing are cowards, no matter what the reason, to target innocent civilians, is the lowest of the low, especially when most people running were doing so for charity. When I first saw the news about this a cold shudder went down my spine, on July 1st my Daughter moves to live in Boston and this is the sort of event she takes the kids to watch:mad:

maxthecollie 16-04-2013 08:28

Re: Boston Bombing

We have relatives living in and near Boston. I hope they find who is responsible for this cowardly act and punish them accordingly.

Greeny 16-04-2013 10:27

Unfortunately we live in a sick world of greed and evil . I just hope that the ones reponsible are caught and punished ( painfully ) and unable to act like this ever again.

DtheP47 16-04-2013 11:02

Ran the Centenary Boston Marathon 16 years ago, great city, beautiful course and enthusiastic crowds all along the way. *sigh*

Mans inhumanity to man *double sigh*

MargaretR 16-04-2013 11:50

I have grown suspicious - maybe there is more to this than we have been told.

See this pic (which may be photoshopped, as may well the media reports you have taken to be true)

https://twitter.com/theoutlawjimmy/s...079488/photo/1

Since some media report that a bomb 'drill' was happening there on the same day (we have heard that one before:rolleyes:), I am 'doing a Victor Meldrew' on this one.

Less 16-04-2013 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053510)
I have grown suspicious - maybe there is more to this than we have been told.

See this pic (which may be photoshopped, as may well the media reports you have taken to be true)

https://twitter.com/theoutlawjimmy/s...079488/photo/1

Since some media report that a bomb 'drill' was happening there on the same day (we have heard that one before:rolleyes:), I am 'doing a Victor Meldrew' on this one.

Your suspicions are quite standard for you mags.
I hope like the rest of us you will put them aside and agree that no matter whom is responsible, innocent people have been targeted, hardly the way to get sympathy for any cause!
May those affected find comfort somewhere.
:(

cashman 16-04-2013 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1053503)
Unfortunately we live in a sick world of greed and evil . I just hope that the ones reponsible are caught and punished ( painfully ) and unable to act like this ever again.

That is probably the only good thing yeh can take outa this tragedy, If caught they will be punished painfully by the yanks, if twas in the u.k. would not be a chance of that.

accyman 16-04-2013 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1053503)

thankfully america has the death penalty i just hope that when they catch these cowards its in a state that uses it .

for some reason theres fake photos of limb loss doing teh rounds on the net and tehse people are also pure scum for using this tradgedy to get a sick laugh.Using doctored photos from last year and such.

sadly there are genuine ones too

Eric 16-04-2013 15:17

I see no one has yet claimed responsibility for this latest cowardly act. The yanks have a great intelligence gathering system, and, no doubt, the boys and girls at Mossad keep them up to scratch on what's going with assorted Islamic nutbars. But the yanks will find the culprits ... sooner than later hopefully.

The US was expecting some sort of "demonstration" to celebrate the anniversary of the birth of Kim Il-sung. Maybe this was it.:confused:

Whatever, it's a vicious, cowardly act that will be punished ... Cashy is right. Yanks take this kinda stuff real serious. And there is no outside authority like "world opinion" or the EU Parliament to cramp their style.

DtheP47 16-04-2013 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1053532)
I see no one has yet claimed responsibility for this latest cowardly act. The yanks have a great intelligence gathering system, and, no doubt, the boys and girls at Mossad keep them up to scratch on what's going with assorted Islamic nutbars. But the yanks will find the culprits ... sooner than later hopefully.

The US was expecting some sort of "demonstration" to celebrate the anniversary of the birth of Kim Il-sung. Maybe this was it.:confused:

Patriots Day
Tax Day
Anniversary of Waco

All this week..

Couple that with as you say Eric nobody has claimed responsibility, too early to call but dissaffected nutjob seems to fit the bill. :(

Eric 16-04-2013 16:55

The Pakistani Taliban have already denied any involvement. You'd think if this were an act of terror, then somebody would step up onto their dung hill and start crowing. The death count is thankfully low, but there seem to be lots of major injuries. CBC reports that the search is going on "world wide". This is not good news for the perps ... when the US and their allies get going, there is nowhere to hide.

kestrelx 16-04-2013 16:55

A witness said he saw a garbage bin explode, thing is I would have thought that bins would have been searched as a matter of general security? Anyway it's a terrible cowardly thing to do at a sporting event like this.

Eric 16-04-2013 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1053543)
too early to call but dissaffected nutjob seems to fit the bill. :(

Think you are dead right on this ... We might just be in for a surprise when they find out who did it. Maybe something along the lines of the Oklahoma City bombing.

DtheP47 16-04-2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1053549)
A witness said he saw a garbage bin explode, thing is I would have thought that bins would have been searched as a matter of general security? Anyway it's a terrible cowardly thing to do at a sporting event like this.

All the lower limb shrapnel injuries point to a rubbish bin and BBC 5 Live say there was an explosive sweep an hour before. After the London bombings all the litter bins in the capital were either capped off or removed.
No blame can be laid at the security services they couldn't put the National Guard on every bin.

kestrelx 16-04-2013 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1053550)
Think you are dead right on this ... We might just be in for a surprise when they find out who did it. Maybe something along the lines of the Oklahoma City bombing.

If they find out it's some idiots with a grudge about tightening up gun laws - they should be publicly disembowled!