Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Boston Bombing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/boston-bombing-64052.html)

Barrie Yates 17-04-2013 16:34

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1053752)
Okay Folks,
My original post on this was in answer to Marg R, she said we needed to be told the truth, her version Is different from what the mainstream media's etc.
I fell I should qualify my disagreement with her on this.

Whilst I have no desire to see Abuu Hamza etc in our country calling for mine or anyone's death with such slogans as, kill Infidel or even the mad baptists in America, they are entitled to their opinion. If we remove this right, then we are in danger of becoming just like they are and what they stand for.

So although I am not happy at people shouting ' kill the infidel' in my own country, the simple fact that they can say it here, with no fear of death/Jail/Severe Beatings etc just shows how wrong they are.
We are a better nation for allowing Free Speech, people have died in World Wars to defend that right. Lets not lose it.

There is a considerable difference between "free speech" and "incitement to murder" or any other major criminal offence.

Eric 17-04-2013 16:37

Quote:

Okay Folks,
My original post on this was in answer to Marg R, she said we needed to be told the truth, her version Is different from what the mainstream media's etc.

Whilst I have no desire to see Abuu Hamza etc in our country calling for mine or anyone's death with such slogans as, kill Infidel or even the mad baptists in America, they are entitled to their opinion. If we remove this right, then we are in danger of becoming just like they are and what they stand for.

So although I am not happy at people shouting ' kill the infidel' in my own country, the simple fact that they can say it here, with no fear of death/Jail/Severe Beatings etc just shows how wrong they are.
We are a better nation for allowing Free Speech, people have died in World Wars to defend that right. Lets not lose it.

This is a tricky issue, and it has been causing some debate over here in the colonies. Canada, unlike our neighbour to the south, does put limits on free speech. The official position ... one that has been defined and upheld by the Supreme Court ... is that there are such things as hate crimes, that speech and other forms of expression can cross a boundary and become promotion of hate.

Supreme Court ruling upholds limits on free speech in case involving anti-gay proselytizer - The Globe and Mail

I tend to trust our Supreme Court. Unlike the U.S. body, Canadian Supreme Court Justices are not appointed because of their political views, but on the basis of merit.

Eric 17-04-2013 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1053757)
There is a considerable difference between "free speech" and "incitement to murder" or any other major criminal offence.

That's how we see things here in the colonies.

Gordon Booth 17-04-2013 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053648)
The media uses camera trickery.
I made a thread about it a while back.*
For this event we have 'disappearing blood'

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2970918888111

..and they have resurrected a 'dead' headmistress as a witness in Boston

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Why indulge yourself in shock and horror, which is exactly what they intend you to feel, when it may all be staged.

*ps - http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-48617.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053653)
I understand your anger.

If I believed it to be true, I would be sad too.

I just require you not to accept all you see as being true.

MargaretR, you either believe this rubbish you post, in which case you're sick.
Or you don't believe it, in which case you're a sick troll.
Either way, you're sick.

jaysay 17-04-2013 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1053757)

I totally agree Barrie, the only thing is the police are frightened of arresting people who are using words as incitement, because the race card will be waved about by all those Human Rights Lawyers swilling around in the legal system :mad:

Gordon Booth 17-04-2013 17:48

Quote:

Okay Folks,

Just wondering, are people equally free to wander round shouting 'Kill the Muslims'?

DaveinGermany 17-04-2013 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1053769)
Just wondering, are people equally free to wander round shouting 'Kill the Muslims'?

By Allahs scraggly beard & curly toed slippers how dare you ! You stinking dog of an infidel, only the religion of peace can make such outbursts. ;)

Gordon Booth 17-04-2013 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1053770)
By Allahs scraggly beard & curly toed slippers how dare you ! You stinking dog of an infidel, only the religion of peace can make such outbursts. ;)

I only asked!!

Less 17-04-2013 17:57

Quote:

If they are and they do, I would find it just as reprehensible as I would if someone was going around shouting 'kill the infidel'.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/catfight.gif

DaveinGermany 17-04-2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1053771)
I only asked!!

Only asked ? Only asked ? Where do you think you are, going round & freely asking questions like that ! :rolleyes:

Gordon Booth 17-04-2013 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1053775)
Only asked ? Only asked ? Where do you think you are, going round & freely asking questions like that ! :rolleyes:

But they shout it in Syria, Pakistan, Iraq and then they go and do it.
Does that mean they have more freedom of speech than we have?
I'm only asking.

Restless 17-04-2013 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1053773)
I would find it just as reprehensible
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/catfight.gif

Totally agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1053770)

Why is it that people insist God/Allah to have a beard.....

Boeing Guy 17-04-2013 18:15

Quote:

They should be, shall i bring the placards:hidewall:

Restless 17-04-2013 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053648)

cnn-caught-out-telling-porkies

I know all about CNN and their lies... Its mention here however I find on the disturbing... Especially with the loss of the Eight year old....

Gordon Booth 17-04-2013 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1053781)
They should be, shall i bring the placards:hidewall:

No use hiding behind that wall, DinG will come and get you.