Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The Labour Gravy Train (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-labour-gravy-train-65909.html)

DAV007 13-04-2014 13:13

Re: The Labour Gravy Train

UK opposition leader falls for Zionist propaganda | Redress Information & Analysis

This is typical of Ed Milliband and his desperation to become prime minister to jump on any bandwagon.
"I'm pro Israeli but im also pro -Palestine".
He will tell people whatever they want to hear so long as he gets power.
The man is an embarrassment.

DAV007 13-04-2014 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1102262)
would you try and put your key players in seats you know they will win?

He is not a key player.
His parents are key funder's and have the right connections.
A similar event happened around the corner in Liverpool Wavertree.
They elected a young girl who's parents are big donors and members of the influential Labour's friends of Israel.

The Labour party laugh at their core vote and their core vote allow them to.
They have themselves to blame.

MargaretR 13-04-2014 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1102288)
UK opposition leader falls for Zionist propaganda | Redress Information & Analysis

This is typical of Ed Milliband and his desperation to become prime minister to jump on any bandwagon.
"I'm pro Israeli but im also pro -Palestine".
He will tell people whatever they want to hear so long as he gets power.
The man is an embarrassment.

His parents were Polish jews, and he met with long lost relatives on the trip to Israel.

JCB 13-04-2014 15:53

Would someone please tell me the exact words of Graham Jones regarding an EU referendum ?

This topic has cropped up very often when some on Accy Web want to have a go at Graham Jones but I have never been able to find out what he actually said .

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2014 16:24

It was something that had 95% in it.

accyman 13-04-2014 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102321)
It was something that had 95% in it.

it was worse than that and to be honest i cant be arsed trawling through the site looking to quote him again but some of it is still here if it hasnt been requested to be removed that is

his remarks were also taken from his facebook or twitter so probbably removed now but plenty saw them if they arnt there

all you need to know is he said he would back our right to have a vote on the referendum and within a matter of weeks after been elected by many who want a referendum he voted to deny our right to have a referendum.It then took a further many weeks for him to dish out some half arsed eplination as to why when people on the site he visited so much running up to election time wanted answers from him but suddenly he wasnt around so much he was busy snuggling up to milliband

no offence but look in the forum yourself all you have to do is click his username on here and view all his posts ..Thats if you can stomach the bull and drivel you have to wade through to get to it.

Eric 13-04-2014 17:07

It's the same the whole world over ... remember the song;)? Thing about democracies:rolleyes: is that they aren't as blatant about troughing as, let's say, the shoe lady from the Philippines and her old man. But there is little chance that MPs will vote money out of their pockets by limiting their salaries and cutting back on their expenses. Best thing I can say about Canada's parliament is that most of the crooks are tories, go figure, eh.:rolleyes: And our Labour party is still definitely to the left of centre. And in Kingston we do have a decent MP ... Ted Hsu, a Liberal, born and raised in Kingston. But I still wonder if he will change when the Liberals form the government.

Maybe things might change if there were a proportional voting system, and annual parliaments. But, as Yoda would say, "my breath I am holding not."

accyman 13-04-2014 17:13

its just a pitty it takes 5 years to sling a MP out

a MP can betray his people teh day after election and you have to wait 5 years to get the sod out

i doubt he would have pulled the same trick a few weeks BEFORE an election

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2014 17:36

Democracy is a myth. I think that is why many people are disillusioned with voting.
Whoever you vote for, you get the same old crap.
If you feel that your vote means nothing, will change nothing,then just what is the point?
Politicians only want to tell us what they think is good for us.....they treat us like five year olds....I really resent that.
They treat us like we only have two brain cells....one of which is on inhibitory mode!

Accyexplorer 13-04-2014 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102331)
Democracy is a myth. I think that is why many people are disillusioned with voting.
Whoever you vote for, you get the same old crap.
If you feel that your vote means nothing, will change nothing,then just what is the point?
Politicians only want to tell us what they think is good for us.....they treat us like five year olds....I really resent that.
They treat us like we only have two brain cells....one of which is on inhibitory mode!

Good to see you've not strayed from your political compass M.
I don't know why but, whenever I read your posts I find myself reciting them in the voice of a early baroness trumpington :D

Accyexplorer 13-04-2014 18:32

Anyone want to see David camo sectioned?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition..._recruit#share

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2014 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1102333)
Good to see you've not strayed from your political compass M.
I don't know why but, whenever I read your posts I find myself reciting them in the voice of a early baroness trumpington :D

And so you should young man...she's my role model!:D:D:D

Eric 13-04-2014 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102338)
...she's my role model!:D:D:D

And here's me a thinkin' it was Ena Sharples:hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2014 19:06

Eric, Baroness Trumpington is her own woman...yes she's conservative and in that way we differ, but she has had a very full and interesting life...a code breaker at Bletchley Park during WW2...she calls a spade a spade and she is infamous for giving one of her colleagues in the House of Lords a two finger salute.....not something you would expect from a ninety year old.(not something I would do either) She is true to herself.
So that is what I am going to aim for......except I am conservative with a small c(and that isn't anything rude).
Ena Sharples was a formidable woman too...I just haven't got the chesticles for it:D:D

Accyexplorer 13-04-2014 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102340)
Eric, Baroness Trumpington is her own woman...yes she's conservative and in that way we differ, but she has had a very full and interesting life...a code breaker at Bletchley Park during WW2...she calls a spade a spade and she is infamous for giving one of her colleagues in the House of Lords a two finger salute.....not something you would expect from a ninety year old.(not something I would do either) She is true to herself.
So that is what I am going to aim for......except I am conservative with a small c(and that isn't anything rude).
Ena Sharples was a formidable woman too...I just haven't got the chesticles for it:D:D

She's certainly got her head screwed on M, having worked at Bletchley Park during WWII (very appreciative).
Her gesture was something I'd personally like to see more of in the Houses of Parliament.It originated from old battles between England and France, where English archers had their two fingers chopped off if caught by the French, so the English used to display this sign to the French as a derogatory gesture :D