Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   town hall illegal parking (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/town-hall-illegal-parking-66404.html)

duggie 10-08-2014 20:15

town hall illegal parking

Can somebody from our council explain to me why there was appox 30 cars parked outside the town hall today, the area is restricted to traffic yet we allow cars to park under the town hall arch without any fines being impossed on illegal parking. I understand it was an asian wedding which it would seem allows a complete and utter change of road traffic laws, equality it seems is out the window, if I park there tomorrow I would have a ticket before I locked the door.
so come on elected officers explain this please or is it simply that we dont prosecute certain members of the public. My money says I wont get a response ....

cashman 10-08-2014 20:22

Re: town hall illegal parking

Yeh should ask the policeforce the same question duggie, no-ones got the balls to tell yeh straight,:rolleyes::(

Gremlin 10-08-2014 20:30

My blood pressure was normal until I read your post Duggie.
As a "retired gentleman of leisure", so my business card now says, I am too polite to say what I think about inequality suffered by the original home grown on English soil, hard working members of the community, who may I add, don't refer to going home to land on distant shore even though they were born here.

Rant over, pill under tongue, nice warm drink to calm me down.

maxthecollie 10-08-2014 20:31

That's if you can get through. The plod wont bother.

maxthecollie 10-08-2014 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1112937)
My blood pressure was normal until I read your post Duggie.
As a "retired gentleman of leisure", so my business card now says, I am too polite to say what I think about inequality suffered by the original home grown on English soil, hard working members of the community, who may I add, don't refer to going home to land on distant shore even though they were born here.

Rant over, pill under tongue, nice warm drink to calm me down.

Take your Horlicks

maxthecollie 10-08-2014 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duggie (Post 1112934)
Can somebody from our council explain to me why there was appox 30 cars parked outside the town hall today, the area is restricted to traffic yet we allow cars to park under the town hall arch without any fines being impossed on illegal parking. I understand it was an asian wedding which it would seem allows a complete and utter change of road traffic laws, equality it seems is out the window, if I park there tomorrow I would have a ticket before I locked the door.
so come on elected officers explain this please or is it simply that we dont prosecute certain members of the public. My money says I wont get a response ....

Did you get any photos?

duggie 10-08-2014 20:39

I have one on my mobile but dont know how to post them on here

Gremlin 10-08-2014 20:40

what was the reason for the parking, were they using the hall for a function. that should not make any difference but it may be useful to know in case i need to park there one morning.

Horlick's taken Frank along with a treble Glayva.

Bob Dobson 10-08-2014 20:41

This is not a police matter. Traffic wardens are employed either by the council or a firm which operates under the bye-laws for the council.

maxthecollie 10-08-2014 20:42

Traffic Wardens do not work on Sundays

duggie 10-08-2014 20:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1112943)
This is not a police matter. Traffic wardens are employed either by the council or a firm which operates under the bye-laws for the council.

sorry bob your wrong, traffic laws are being broken, it is classed as pedestrian zone check out the road signs, it is the same as a speed limit sign yet town hall bosses have allowed this illegal act, I will be taking this up with the police and I will be writing to the town hall to get thier opinion

cashman 10-08-2014 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1112943)

Why have all traffic cops been made redundant since last year.?:rolleyes:

accyman 10-08-2014 21:52

i dont knwo teh rules of teh town center parking at that location but if it was an asian wedding teh chances are most cars will be taxis and i think they are allowed there

hate to sound stereotyping but lets face it the words asian , driver and taxi pretty much go together pretty well ..

yes we get a lot of chineese taxi drivers :D

the rest are pa....

gpick24 10-08-2014 22:16

town hall illegal parking

I think you're wrong accyman, if they were taxis they'd have stopped in the middle of the road.

Neil 10-08-2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1112960)
i dont knwo teh rules of teh town center parking at that location but if it was an asian wedding teh chances are most cars will be taxis and i think they are allowed there....

No it's only buses which means that HBC's own van which is often parked there is also illegal.

have a look at the signs on google streetview in the links below

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7531...JNxO2DXaWg!2e0

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7529...xB_bnBq3hA!2e0

Those signs make it a Police matter not a traffic warden issue