Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Paris Shootings. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/paris-shootings-66925.html)

Studio25 20-11-2015 17:40

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1155078)
I have seen the one that says
I love Muhammad
I hate terrorism

In the window of one of those shops

Advert from British Muslim representatives condemns Paris terror attacks | Home News | News | The Independent

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2015 18:54

Yes, I read that Muslim Council of Britain were going to take out an advert.
That is good,
And it is good that people put comments in their windows.
What the advert says is true......the terrorists want to divide communities.
There must have been people in the community of Saint Denis who knew what was going on.....when these communities report those in their midst who they suspect of planning atrocities, maiming and killing their own people...then I will have some of my faith in them restored...and I know that perhaps this seems harsh...but words, whether said or printed, are useless without some actions.

Guinness 20-11-2015 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1155052)
As usual,there is no disrespect meant by reply M but certain folks views on here (the ones supporting violence) seem inline with groups like the EDL and I fail to see how those views are any different from the views of ISIS :rolleyes:

I'm sorry my posts seem simplistic its due to believing there is sod all we (the common folk) can do about it as it's all orchestrated by the puppet masters at the top (part of the agenda).
At the end of the day,It's got sod all to do with religion,many of these 'extremists' live a variation of our western lifestyle (drink,drugs,gambling etc) and therefore they can't be classed as true Muslims even if they scream "Ali Akbar" before they blow themselves up.

Perhaps I only have a superficial understanding of these things,perhaps I can only see these things through the lens of the Beano but who funds,supplies weapons and trains ISIS?
Who wants us to believe that these terrorists represent Islam and Muslims?

It may not of occurred to some folk but if you was from the Middle East and you was outraged by the invasions of Iraq etc what would you do?..... "let them walk all over you...or stand up and fight??"

So, you're saying that anyone who thinks that we should have a shoot to kill policy on terrorists is a neo-nazi fascist? And then you have the gall to use a rolleyes emoticon that signifies you believe these people to be idiots?

Your post is simplistic, it is also ill thought and puerile.

It is about religion, it is about interpretation of that religion. Let me beano-ise this for you.

The bible…

First part is that originally we had a vengeful God, gotta be obeyed or not allowed to play in the garden, Sodom, Gomorrah, floods, eye for an eye, no false idols, plagues, sends his personal SAS to kill the first born etc..etc..

This part gets totally reversed by a carpenter who says ‘nah…my Dads ok, he’s a loving God, lets you make your own choices but he wants you to love each other, and not rip out anyones eye for clouting you, turn your cheek and let him hit you again. And over the next 2000 years, after majorly screwing up on numerous occasions, western society finally creates morals, an education system and eventually laws protecting the weak and tolerance for others based on this guys musings.

Meanwhile.. the Jews don’t believe this carpenter, arrange to have him bumped off, and pretty much stick to the first part because they think they are special because a bush told them so.

The koran (quran) also has two parts…

First part is written in Mecca (prophet M is illiterate so he uses a scribe). He’s living in relative wealth supported by his tribe, preaches love, tolerance, peace and also throws in some things about food hygiene in hot countries from the Old Testament and gets some converts from both Jewish and Christian faiths. He upsets too many people and gets thrown out of Mecca.

He moves to Medina, he’s now skint and hungry so he arranges for his gang to rob a few caravans, now these caravans are mainly Jewish, he tells his guys they are doing gods work, the locals in Medina, which at the time consisted of Arab tribes that thrived by raiding, join him and he starts to dictate to his scribe stuff about violence and aggression being ok as long as its against non believers. The prophet then says that whatever he says last supercedes anything he said earlier.

So the interpretation is pretty much down to the individual Imam…and our own history shows us that when we have poorly educated people and a belief system that venerates the clergy, its very, very easy to arrange a crusade, a pogrom, a cull of indigenous natives or a jihad and get people prepared to die for a cause based on an interpretation.

Finally your poorly written point about what would you do if outraged...well I wouldn't shoot unarmed civilians at a pop concert, I wouldn't rape or sell children into slavery, I wouldn't senselessly smash historical monuments, behead or crucify my enemy, strap a bomb to my chest and walk into a cafe, shoot a couple of cartoonists...if you think that is 'standing up and fighting'...you need help!

Less 20-11-2015 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1155093)
So, you're saying that anyone who thinks that we should have a shoot to kill policy on terrorists is a neo-nazi fascist? And then you have the gall to use a rolleyes emoticon that signifies you believe these people to be idiots?

Your post is simplistic, it is also ill thought and puerile.

It is about religion, it is about interpretation of that religion. Let me beano-ise this for you.

The bible…

First part is that originally we had a vengeful God, gotta be obeyed or not allowed to play in the garden, Sodom, Gomorrah, floods, eye for an eye, no false idols, plagues, sends his personal SAS to kill the first born etc..etc..

This part gets totally reversed by a carpenter who says ‘nah…my Dads ok, he’s a loving God, lets you make your own choices but he wants you to love each other, and not rip out anyones eye for clouting you, turn your cheek and let him hit you again. And over the next 2000 years, after majorly screwing up on numerous occasions, western society finally creates morals, an education system and eventually laws protecting the weak and tolerance for others based on this guys musings.

Meanwhile.. the Jews don’t believe this carpenter, arrange to have him bumped off, and pretty much stick to the first part because they think they are special because a bush told them so.

The koran (quran) also has two parts…

First part is written in Mecca (prophet M is illiterate so he uses a scribe). He’s living in relative wealth supported by his tribe, preaches love, tolerance, peace and also throws in some things about food hygiene in hot countries from the Old Testament and gets some converts from both Jewish and Christian faiths. He upsets too many people and gets thrown out of Mecca.

He moves to Medina, he’s now skint and hungry so he arranges for his gang to rob a few caravans, now these caravans are mainly Jewish, he tells his guys they are doing gods work, the locals in Medina, which at the time consisted of Arab tribes that thrived by raiding, join him and he starts to dictate to his scribe stuff about violence and aggression being ok as long as its against non believers. The prophet then says that whatever he says last supercedes anything he said earlier.

So the interpretation is pretty much down to the individual Imam…and our own history shows us that when we have poorly educated people and a belief system that venerates the clergy, its very, very easy to arrange a crusade, a pogrom, a cull of indigenous natives or a jihad and get people prepared to die for a cause based on an interpretation.

Finally your poorly written point about what would you do if outraged...well I wouldn't shoot unarmed civilians at a pop concert, I wouldn't rape or sell children into slavery, I wouldn't senselessly smash historical monuments, behead or crucify my enemy, strap a bomb to my chest and walk into a cafe, shoot a couple of cartoonists...if you think that is 'standing up and fighting'...you need help!

Questions about the above.

1/ It is more than a paragraph long do you think his attention span will last through to the final sentence?

2/ If he does actually read it all do you suppose he will understand it?

3/ If he doesn't understand it will he...

a) Ignore it?

or

b) Dismiss it as western propaganda put about by those in charge so that we can continue with our prejudices against a really nice but misunderstood bunch of chaps because unlike him we just don't understand the plot?

Guinness 20-11-2015 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1155097)
Questions about the above.

1/ It is more than a paragraph long do you think his attention span will last through to the final sentence?

2/ If he does actually read it all do you suppose he will understand it?

3/ If he doesn't understand it will he...

a) Ignore it?

or

b) Dismiss it as western propaganda put about by those in charge so that we can continue with our prejudices against a really nice but misunderstood bunch of chaps because unlike him we just don't understand the plot?

1. No (I should have added pictures)
2. No (too many words have more than 4 letters)
3. c) copy/paste something from another website and claim it as his own

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2015 21:35

Guinness, I wish I could give you Karma for post 243......it is ace....but as I gave you some recently i have to spread it about a bit...but you are on my list :D

DaveinGermany 20-11-2015 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1155029)
folk blaming ISIS without the consideration (or mentioning) that the actions of west gave rise to ISIS.

ISIS & its precedents were kicking off long before American or European intervention in the region, Arabs & their likes have been stuffing it to each other for many a year.

http://www.internationalpolicydigest...whos-to-blame/

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2015 22:09

Now that is something for Jason to read. Learn and inwardly digest.....much more informative than his current reading matter...but will it influence his views?
Sadly, I think not!

DaveinGermany 20-11-2015 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1155108)
but will it influence his views?

As you say, probably not. But whatever, the tinterweb is a marvellous source for picking & choosing to back up your argument.

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2015 07:26

Yes Son, I think I made that point myself a little while back, but I think Jason thought I was casting aspersions against his intellectual ability......as if!

I also said it was a multi faceted problem, but until I read that article I did not fully realise how complex it was.

I think that even those who support the aims of ISIS have lost sight of the complexities.
It is a lot like a mafia vendetta now.......where families fight one another on some long forgotten grudge.

DaveinGermany 21-11-2015 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1155116)
where families fight one another on some long forgotten grudge.

It has ever been the way of the Arabs & ilk, with their tribalism, clannishness, cultural, racial & religious differences amongst themselves. One clan claiming superiority or dominance over another due to some perceived deficiency, trait or belief, that being the case said tribe must then be subjugated & domineered, their peoples enslaved & beaten, forced into servitude or killed, their women raped & the children brutally abused killed or converted.

It was then, it is now & will be so in the future, until there is one overbearing ruling class of fanatical Islam & then what, they'll then start in on their own ranks (they're already doing so now) culling the weak of faith & less fanatical as they go ..... evil will always turn on itself.

But in the meantime we needs be ever vigilant & mistrusting of these things & be doing our utmost in beating seven shades out of the creatures wherever & however we can. (Just my opinion anyways, little Englander, xenophobic, waycist nazi that I am :rolleyes:)

MargaretR 21-11-2015 11:11

'culling the weak' - western governments do the same in the name of 'austerity'

but they are more subtle - same effect - less barbaric than head chopping.

I have no religion and don't understand why people need one, so I don't usually comment on this sort of thread.

Barrie Yates 21-11-2015 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1155122)
It has ever been the way of the Arabs & ilk, with their tribalism, clannishness, cultural, racial & religious differences amongst themselves. One clan claiming superiority or dominance over another due to some perceived deficiency, trait or belief, that being the case said tribe must then be subjugated & domineered, their peoples enslaved & beaten, forced into servitude or killed, their women raped & the children brutally abused killed or converted.

It was then, it is now & will be so in the future, until there is one overbearing ruling class of fanatical Islam & then what, they'll then start in on their own ranks (they're already doing so now) culling the weak of faith & less fanatical as they go ..... evil will always turn on itself.

But in the meantime we needs be ever vigilant & mistrusting of these things & be doing our utmost in beating seven shades out of the creatures wherever & however we can. (Just my opinion anyways, little Englander, xenophobic, waycist nazi that I am :rolleyes:)

Brilliant perception DinG.
I was told long ago by a Saudi RSAF Captain that there always has to be one "Chair". They are patriarchal through and through. The father rules the family, the chief rules the tribe, the strongest, or most devious and cunning chief rules the nation.
The Imams and Muttawas tell them that Islam is the only true religion and they even go against the Koran with their in-built hatred of Judaism and Christianity, so their will always be the fanatics who take it to the extremes - and we must never forget that words are cheap. During almost 20years of working with them I found very, very few who I would trust in any way.
P.S. DinG - what is a "waycist"?

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2015 15:20

Barrie it is a racist...by someone who has the same speech impediment as Jonathan Ross.

Margaret, that you need no religion is something that is your own choice.......I would take it from this that you would not like to have a religion you neither want or need thrust upon you.
This is what the IS terrorists want to do...they want to make everyone in the world a follower of their own brand of submission...Islam.

As for the rest of your post.......well would you prefer to be beheaded......to see othere beheaded?
The austerity is because successive governments have spent money which they didn't have...and eventually all bills have to be paid in one way or another.....and if you really want to talk about austerity, then what people call austerity now isn't what you and I understand at all.
I can remember our pantry being empty except for an onion and a bag of pearl barley!

DaveinGermany 21-11-2015 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1155150)
what is a "waycist"?

It's the leftards lisping outraged stock shrill cry when us normal patriotic folk, who want only the best for our country & her people speak up. ;) (That help you any Barrie)