Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Less 03-06-2016 11:19

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1169962)
Seems a bit strange to me. I only know one person who's voting to remain. Everyone else, family, friends, football supporting mates, everyone in coffee shops, pubs, buses who comment on my "Vote Leave" badge, are all voting to leave...and yet the polls show the two camps neck and neck.

I sense some skullduggery afoot here!

I actually met someone that plans to vote stay yesterday, Mick and I were discussing this thread over a pint when this guy uninvited let us know that he was voting to stay in and with over-enthusiastic force told us it was because of 'the human rights issue' which was a touch ironic I've known him for 40 odd years, in his prime he was one of the towns bullies, he never considered the human rights of his many victims back then.
:confused:

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 12:11

It is difficult to get across to people the human rights legislation in this country has existed since 1689 and is enshrined in common law......that prior to us joining the EU there was a European council designated to oversee human rights. It came about due to the desire to prevent the atrocities that happened in WW2.....it was drafted in 1950 and came into being in September 1953.....that the current legislation on human rights is going nowhere.

Leaving the EU will not have one jot of influence on human rights......but it will allow us the democratic right to determine who governs us......who makes the laws.
We will be the authors of out own destiny......not a County Council in the Federalist state of Europe.

Eric 03-06-2016 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1169954)
My other half says he will vote remain.....but I can't be sure if he is doing this to yank my chain.

Hey, there could be a poem starting here. "Ode to my ....";)

Barrie Yates 03-06-2016 12:53

A little light relief - Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, arrives at Passport Control at Athens airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?”
“No. Not this time.”

Exile on Spencer St 03-06-2016 12:59

S'funny, Chubby-Cheek Cameron, contrary to statistical evidence, says he can best control immigration if the UK remains a province of the EU, but then seems terrified at the prospect of Turkey, with its 79.5 million people, ever joining the club soon.
You'd think, if it's so easy to control migration, he would have been glad to let in another 79.5 million 'customers' into his little trading club if there's no risk, as he seems to regard it, that they'd be heading to North London on the first bus out of Anatolia.

Barrie Yates 03-06-2016 13:08

Something I was told to have a look at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFt-pRIvL9E Found it to be very interesting.

Eric 03-06-2016 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1169975)
A little light relief - Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, arrives at Passport Control at Athens airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?”
“No. Not this time.”

More light relief, this time probably unintentional. Germany's Armenian genocide vote this week ... :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: Germans! Think they are experts on everything. What do they know about what constitutes genocide.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 14:25

thank you Barrie. Much of this is what I have been saying throughout this thread.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 14:27

Who is this man? He talks an awful lot of good sense.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 14:32

I really do hope that Rainbow Six watches that bit of information before he votes.

Less 03-06-2016 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1169978)
More light relief, this time probably unintentional. Germany's Armenian genocide vote this week ... :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: Germans! Think they are experts on everything. What do they know about what constitutes genocide.:rolleyes:

If I recall my history correctly, they missed their own target projection, maybe they tried to do too many things at once? At least now they don't have an impatient lunatic in charge??? Things can only get better under their modern outlook on democracy.

Eric 03-06-2016 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1169982)
Who is this man? He talks an awful lot of good sense.

You Tube ... there are a whole bunch of his videos on there, hon.

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 16:28

It isn't a place I go to much...well other than when I have a problem to solve...there are usually folk on there who can show you how to fix things...for which I am eternally grateful

Margaret Pilkington 03-06-2016 16:30

Pat Condell...that is this chaps name.

Barrie Yates 03-06-2016 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1169984)
At least now they don't have an impatient lunatic in charge???

Really? I obviously have the wrong impression of Frau Merkel.