Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Less 16-06-2016 15:21

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpire (Post 1170571)
You should read the 4 hour debate on the petition, never heard such back slapping. it's obvious, petition or not, the attitude to Overseas aid is quite right, everything in the world is wonderful and us M.P. are wonderful and the public know nothing.
SO THERE

I did read it, twice! It came through just as I was going to bed one night so I started reading it then.
I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to try again in the morning.
The exciting part came when about 20 mins before the end of the debate some pro members claimed they had been delayed on euro star coming back from succesful EU meetings or they would have been there earlier.
What a load of carp, the let's stay brigade tried to make it seem like the back slapping you described, by ignoring the debate until adding that little drama.

Margaret Pilkington 16-06-2016 15:22

That is how they treat us.....our own MP considered that we were not bright enough to be allowed a say in our destiny.
The EU runs on a similar assumption. We used to call it mushroom management.....feed them shot (or something like it)and keep them in the dark.
And we are being asked to take more of the same with less sauce.

Less 16-06-2016 15:32

The more I read the more I can see history saying thank goodness for the British, they had the guts to take us away from the EU domination.

Eric 16-06-2016 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1170568)
Its simple, neither side can back anything up with facts, even the financial so called experts, its down to plain common sense.

There are no "facts" ... both sides seem to be sharing the same immense crock of horse manure ... that's where the facts are coming from. And you are damn right ... folks should go with common sense when they cast their ballots. And with their gut feelings about what is the right choice. Come to think of it, "common sense" and "gut feelings" are pretty much the same thing.

Ok ... so it's really none of my business ... it won't directly affect me whichever way the vote goes. But I just can't stand the idea of Britain being tossed into some German inspired blender ... and I don't see why Britain can't stand alone: fifth largest economy in the world, a powerful military, a history that no other country can match, and a culture which doesn't need any politically correct assholes sticking "multi" in front of it.

End of rant ... back to baseball.;)

Less 16-06-2016 17:03

We have wasted a generating and a half with common sense, we joined the common market before I left school, I'm now retired, whenever there was a global blip on economics we've been on our own to struggle through, I can't remember the EU having a rainy day fund, our government then and now just tightens belts as if that's going help any of us and continues to (over)pay into the bottomless pit.

Less 16-06-2016 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1170578)
We have wasted a generating and a half with common sense, we joined the common market before I left school, I'm now retired, whenever there was a global blip on economics we've been on our own to struggle through, I can't remember the EU having a rainy day fund, our government then and now just tightens belts as if that's going help any of us and continues to (over)pay into the bottomless pit.

Generation not generating.

Barrie Yates 16-06-2016 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1170574)
The more I read the more I can see history saying thank goodness for the British, they had the guts to take us away from the EU domination.

Other Europeans domination again and again and again.

Barrie Yates 16-06-2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1170577)
There are no "facts" ... both sides seem to be sharing the same immense crock of horse manure ... that's where the facts are coming from. And you are damn right ... folks should go with common sense when they cast their ballots. And with their gut feelings about what is the right choice. Come to think of it, "common sense" and "gut feelings" are pretty much the same thing.

Ok ... so it's really none of my business ... it won't directly affect me whichever way the vote goes. But I just can't stand the idea of Britain being tossed into some German inspired blender ... and I don't see why Britain can't stand alone: fifth largest economy in the world, a powerful military, a history that no other country can match, and a culture which doesn't need any politically correct assholes sticking "multi" in front of it.

End of rant ... back to baseball.;)

When a real foreigner, Geldof, a honorary Sir in fact, can make such a rear orifice of himself by sticking his nose where it isn't wanted, you Eric, as an honorable member of Accyweb are most welcome to express your views on here in my opinion.

cashman 16-06-2016 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1170584)
When a real foreigner, Geldof, a honorary Sir in fact, can make such a rear orifice of himself by sticking his nose where it isn't wanted, you Eric, as an honorable member of Accyweb are most welcome to express your views on here in my opinion.

Geldof should be stripped of his knighthood in my view.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 16-06-2016 21:18

I agree Cashy.....and not because he has a different viewpoint to the one which I have, but for the fact that he thought it noble to hurl abuse and gesticulate to those who he deems not fit to hold any opinion other than the one he entertains.
Anyway....he was a blooming dire singer.

Exile on Spencer St 17-06-2016 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1170587)
....he was a blooming dire singer.

He still is.

DaveinGermany 20-06-2016 18:21

Just read this, but no sign of it elsewhere on the MSM or News tonight, if this doesn't make folk think again & go for out ........ I truly despair for a once great nation.

Calais migrants: Refugees attempt to reach Britain amid Euro 2016 ahead of EU referendum | World | News | Daily Express

Eric 20-06-2016 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1170753)
Just read this, but no sign of it elsewhere on the MSM or News tonight, if this doesn't make folk think again & go for out ........ I truly despair for a once great nation.

You gotta hand it to those migrants, mon copain. They know damn well that if the vote goes, as it should, OUT, the "open door" for migrants will be slammed in their faces. Seems that they are much more aware of this benefit from the "out" vote than are many in the UK. If I were over in Britain, I would be much happier listening to them shout their "[deleted] the UK" chants from Calais than from London, Birmingham, Manchester, or Knuzden.

Immigrants can be of great benefit to a country. What would Canada be without me?:alright: If you want to move to Canada, or to Australia, there is a points system. (Speaking English and/or French is a big plus here.) Having said that, we have taken in over 30,000 Syrian refugees ... and we took a whole bunch from Haiti after their last disaster. So, we do have a heart; but we also have a country to take care of ... the True North, Strong and Free ... and independent. And we like it like that.

Margaret Pilkington 20-06-2016 21:18

The thing is Eric our politicians are the deniers...they deny that these people would be detrimental to the fabric of our country...they deny the electorates very real concern about uncontrolled immigration......our prime minister denies that the deal he thinks he got from Brussels is not worth a sheet of Bronco(fine as tracing paper but fit for burger all else).......our politicians deny that the EU we might remain in is not the one that they think it is.(Many many policy decisions have been deferred until after the referendum because they fear that if we knew what their plans were, it would harden our resolve to leave).
Our politicians, bankers industrialists deny that the figures they keep pulling out of hats are just guesswork...and this does nothing to foster any kind of confidence in UK PLC......they deny talking the UK down...influencing money markets, investors and the like.

I really really wish that I could turn the clock back to 1972........I should have gone to Australia instead of getting cold feet.
I would be as far away from the Eu as it is possible to go without resorting to a spacecraft!

I am dreading Friday morning when the remianers are gloating about their vistory.......I will despair for the future of the children of this country...being shackled to the Eu.....being enslaved by their rules.

RainbowSix 21-06-2016 12:26

Thing is, how is leaving the Eu going to stop them coming? the migrants from Syria and other war torn countries?

All the politicians are saying we "can" make our own laws, control our borders, give more to the NHS but are any of them actually able to do so? are any of them actually saying that if we exit we "will" do this?

Will these alleged savings actually be spent how the exit campaign are saying they should be? Will they heck!

Its already been shown that immigration cannot be stopped because of it, we just get to add more bureaucracy into it. There will still be a massive influx from Syria etc. and we cannot and should not be preventing these people from leaving the place where they are likely to get killed. I know I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.

All the raping, theft etc. that attributed to EU and outside EU immigrants isn't going to suddenly stop just because we leave the EU.

Immigration is not the be all that matters for this vote, our ability to trade with Europe is IMO more important as that affects my finances.

AIUI Margaret, you wouldn't like Australia - its full of convicts, murderers and rapists - we sent them there a few years back :)
Colleagues have emigrated over there and soon come back.

Still on the fence..