Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Eric 27-05-2016 00:34

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaner3 (Post 1169533)
i would vote OUT if I could

Me too I guess ... I don't think I could be swayed by any of the "in" arguments being trotted out ... nor arguments from either side come to think of it. I just couldn't swallow being pushed around by arrogant, ill-mannered frogs, and those wonderful folks who gave us WWll. Maybe my way of thinking is out of date, but I'm sure there are enough other good reasons for saying "So long, and thanks for all the BS" ... it'll make the rhubarb grow.;)

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2016 07:07

I have said in the past that no country has ever left the EU.....However that is not entirely true.....Greenland left in 1985 after a referendum in the country voted 53% to leave.
Greenland was part of the Danish realm that took it into Europe......but left after 12 years.
Back then I would think that the EU was easier to get out of, it was probably less meddlesome too, although the reason for Greenlands exit was all to do with their fishing rights.

cashman 27-05-2016 07:11

suppose so, but hardly much really, theres probably more folk in Accy than Greenland, n most will probably be in Fishing Industry in some way?

cashman 28-05-2016 08:20

Seems Gibralter wants us to remain for their own good. Well give the sodding place back to Spain, see how they like that.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 28-05-2016 15:55

Ed Milliband was on TV this morning.
Telling us all we should stay in the Eu.
Why would anyone take notice of a former party leader who was so abysmal in leadership.
Remember his Ed stone.....what a bad judgement that was.

Exile on Spencer St 28-05-2016 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1169640)
Ed Milliband was on TV this morning.
Telling us all we should stay in the Eu.

That's possibly because Comrade Corbyn wouldn't be able to do it without the risk of choking on his own hypocracy.

Barrie Yates 28-05-2016 18:47

So many high profile "has beens" or "never was" characters being rolled out by the Remain campaign - they will be digging them up from the cemeteries next, Oh, wait a minute, think they have already tried that.

Jim Procter 28-05-2016 19:53

Whether we leave or not Hull City are back in the Premier League.

jack preston 29-05-2016 18:01

When will we all realise that we cannot get out of the e.u. without all the other countries agreeing to us leaving,read the original agreement,bet nobody did back then.Ask the Irish they tried it twice a few years back.There is no escape.

Margaret Pilkington 29-05-2016 18:28

And Jack, what does that tell you about the EU?
It certainly doesn't make you think it is a democratic organisation does it?
It makes you think it is a dictatorship. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then you have to draw the conclusion that it is a duck......if it acts like a dictatorship. If it seeks to erode democracy, then it is a dictatorship.
Sending countries back to vote again until they come up with what the EU sees as the right answer is a symptom of a corrupt organisation.

The politicians, the businessmen,the 'luvvies', the banks all want us to stay in for theirbenefit.....not ours.They will not be inconvenienced by the strictures of increasing immigration(and all that it will bring)....they are the elite.....and the EU exists to,protect the elite.

Guinness 29-05-2016 21:36

*cough*.......

Still waiting for thoughts and an opinion from our MP on what is possibly the most important decision to be made by his constituents in a generation.

So glad I'm not holding my breath, he's most likely on an important photo call with a bunch of black kids that he can use as a twitter wallpaper..

Also wondering what the thoughts of the current nepotistic labour council are...

cashman 29-05-2016 21:41

He will go with the party line, no doubt at all.99.9% certain.

Less 29-05-2016 21:46

When the date of the referendum was announced he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'I would vote out but I'll be voting to stay in', so it is as Cashy said obviously.

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2016 07:44

Yes, nothing to do with what is best for the country.....only what is dictated by the party......and even the party leader is tepid in his support for the EU.
That is because he doesn't really think it best for us to remain. How blooming fake of this 'honest' man.

Wynonie Harris 30-05-2016 10:32

Almost as ridiculous as arch-hypocrite Corbyn. A lifelong Eurosceptic and now he's been miraculously transformed into a pro-EU believer. They all turn out to have feet of clay in the end...all of 'em.