Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 07-06-2016 07:40

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Are people that stupid? i think possibly!! Folk are voting for the likes of Farage, Trump in the USA, simply cos they say what people want to hear, and the mainline politicians refuse to take certain issues on board, anyone with any sense will vote OUT in my view.

DaveinGermany 07-06-2016 18:17

Just catching up on the papers & read this, surely those not hard of thinking have got to understand the reality of what the man is saying.

Undecided on the EU referendum ? SEVEN reasons to vote LEAVE, writes Dan Hannan | Express Comment | Comment | Daily Express

cashman 07-06-2016 18:41

That is well worth reading Dave.

Less 07-06-2016 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1170166)
That is well worth reading Dave.

Worth reading?

Yes.

Will it make any difference?

Highly doubtful when our M.P.'s can't vote as their conscience dictates, we are still going to be screwed because politicians will keep telling us what is best for them, not us as a whole.

Eric 07-06-2016 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1170163)
Just catching up on the papers & read this, surely those not hard of thinking have got to understand the reality of what the man is saying.

Undecided on the EU referendum ? SEVEN reasons to vote LEAVE, writes Dan Hannan | Express Comment | Comment | Daily Express

Reason #7 says it all.

And if the Krauts get peed off at us, what are they going to do? Bomb London. Again.;)

Margaret Pilkington 07-06-2016 19:01

This is from Daniel Hannan who is an MEP.

DaveinGermany 07-06-2016 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1170168)
And if the Krauts get peed off at us, what are they going to do? Bomb London. Again.;)

Not going to happen Mate, they're scrattin' around as it is to get aircraft airborne. ;)

Less than half of German air force fleet ready for deployment | News | DW.COM | 02.12.2015

Barrie Yates 07-06-2016 23:25

Did you miss the Reuters report DinG?
BERLIN, June 7 (Reuters) - Migrants in Germany committed or tried to commit some 69,000 crimes in the first quarter of 2016, according to a police report that could raise unease, especially among anti-immigrant groups, about Chancellor Angela Merkel's liberal migrant policy.
Could get even worse when the European females start wearing provocative summer clothes.

DaveinGermany 08-06-2016 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1170184)
Did you miss the Reuters report DinG?

Didn't see the Reuters, but I regularly look at the Breitbart (London) website. Plenty of reports & information about "Migrant" problems in Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark & elsewhere, all mostly subdued & withheld from their indigenous population on orders from "above", so as not to cause further resentment amongst the serfs!

I've also seen mention of another site called "New observer", had a nose a few times out of curiosity. Another American product with rather "strong" opinions so to speak, so don't really bother with it.

cashman 08-06-2016 07:28

Have just been listening to the "Chairman Of Economists For Britain" on sky news, A guy who obviously knows far more than any of us, in that department, and he says Leave and after a possible short term blip, we will be much better off OUT.

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2016 07:30

There are two ways in which nations can be controlled.
By battle and bloodshed....or by debt.
When Greece looked like it would be kicked out of the EU and wanted to leave, what did the EU do?
It put in an unelected government which was EU favourable and it saddled Greece with unimaginable debt.
Are they better off for this?
There is 50%unemployment in Greece right now.
Wouldn't it have been kinder to let Greece leave......return to the Drachma, devalue the currency(making goods and services more attractive) and letting the Greek economy find its own level.
Ok they would still have been in for a difficult time, but they could have made a far better fist of recovery.....and the work they did would be for their own people and their esteem.

Exile on Spencer St 08-06-2016 12:09

Why spend money on war planes when the IMF, ECB, and the Bundesbank can achieve the same result for much less.

In the EU, 'national' debt is the blitzkrieg de nous jours, ¿entender?, compagni contadini.

accyman 08-06-2016 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1170129)
Just seems to confirm the opinion that those advocating stay are concerned with what's good for them & not the British public! If you're foolish enough to vote stay & you get your way, it's no use whining & bleating x years down the line when you're being stuffed for housing, places for your kids in schools, visits to doctors & dentists or turned down for a job because you won't work for a pittance because some migrant will!

You made your festering pit, now live with it!

Alternatively, do the wise thing & vote OUT!

its already happening so they must be OK with it

Eric 08-06-2016 14:42

If I were able to vote, I would ignore the economic arguments ... both "leave" and "stay" ... Economics is just guesswork, like weather predictions over time periods of longer than a week. It can be used to support both sides. Economic "facts", like statistics in general, are used as "a drunken man uses a lamppost - more for support than illumination." I think ... and this is pure guesswork on my part ... that many folks will vote not with their heads but with their hearts. I don't think that's a bad idea. Your vote is your voice. And, as Leo Amery enjoined in '39, many will "Speak for England," and say to the European parliament and its bloated bureaucracy what Cromwell said to parliament: "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go." Or, "for chrissakes, just [deleted] off; we can handle things ourselves."

By the way, over here in the colonies, we are keeping in touch with what is happening even though we are not directly involved:

A Brexit reminder of when things fall apart: Don Pittis - Business - CBC News

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2016 16:23

spot on Eric...and for good measure these financial experts who now have 20/20 forward vision are the ones who took us all into the financial crisis in 2008.
Thier vision was not so damn crash hot then, so why should we put trust in them now?? Add to that the fact that they are all involved in the EU in some way or another( Goldman Sachs is bank rolling the Remain campaign) Many of the other financial institutions are biased towards the EU(like the IMF....the head of which, Christine Lagarde, is under scrutiny for her financial dealings)or are Bilderbergers.
I have no doubt which way I shall vote.
Anyway David Camerons father in law(Viscount Astor) says it is all academic as whatever we vote is only 'advisory' and Parliament has the final say...so all this crap we have had pushed at us may be for no good reason at all.