Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Fairground ride imported for Mayor making weekend in May (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/fairground-ride-imported-for-mayor-making-weekend-in-may-9794.html)

cashman 15-04-2005 23:24

Re: Fairground ride imported for Mayor making weekend in May

if they ARE building a mosque on blackburn rd, then i think its better to turn moslem,cos their pulling all the catholic churches down anyway.p.s. the pub was the (antley) you'll have staggering man doing a wardance chav,youve just demolished his establishment.

chav1 16-04-2005 12:12

not wanting to sound racist here at all but nearly all christian chrurches i see have some form of fund raiser going on to repair the church like a new roof is needed or somthing else

the council dont seem too eager to help a church repair its roof yet will spend thousands upon thousands errecting mosques

places of worship should be paid for by the people who want to worship and not at our expence via the council tax etc

the whole thing stinks but as usual if you speak against it you are a racist

WillowTheWhisp 16-04-2005 14:45

Is the council actually paying for the mosque? I'd assumed that like other places of worship they were paid for by the membership. Our church was. For ages we met in rented rooms and a right old mottley colllection of places we've used over the years until finally we got a building 14 or 15 years ago.

chav1 16-04-2005 14:57

well the huge mosque in blackburn was council funded so it wouldnt surprise me that one in accrinton was to be as well

WillowTheWhisp 16-04-2005 14:59

I'm lost for words.....................which is rare for me.

slinky 16-04-2005 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1
i never even knew there was a ceromony for swearing in the mayor until now lol

Is it not usually SWEARING at the major???????????

Anyway I must be careful from now on when walking out of Greggs.........never know whats gonna hit you...........and I dont mean the pidgeons lmao.

chav1 16-04-2005 16:21

the only thing that hit me after greggs was a bout of dihorea, i now eat at mannings

sorry if anyone here works there but at times the pasties and sausage rolls could do with an extra few mins in the oven ;)

Bagpuss 16-04-2005 22:16

I'm absolutely fuming that one penny of my hard earned cash would go towards the building of a mosque in Accrington, surely this can't be right. If it is then this is legalized vote rigging and something needs to be done, just what I'm not sure but holding back my council tax is my first thought. I am sick to death of the asian community being allowed to have their own set of rules and decisions like this justify people voting BNP.

Acrylic-bob 17-04-2005 05:12

Someone mentioned earlier that the site of the former Sacred Heart Church was to be used for this proposed mosque. This can't be right, surely. I was under the impression that the Diocese of Salford owned the land and had decided that the land was going to be turned into a garden of some sort.

WillowTheWhisp 17-04-2005 09:06

If the land is owned by the Diocese of Salford maybe they'll be getting ground rent from the owners of the mosque, or maybe they've sold the land to HBC? Nah, HBC are skint, that can't be right. Mayeb it's just rumours and that land has nothing at all to do with any proposed mosque.

Mick 17-04-2005 09:20

There is a mosque.already in that area anyway up the side street cant think of the street at the min but surley they dont need 2 in the space of a few yards of each other ?

Acrylic-bob 17-04-2005 10:24

Oh I don't know, when the stated aim of Islam is world conversion then I suppose that you can never have too many.

mez 17-04-2005 11:12

its the old dale st club mick, thats the one you mean don't you?

WillowTheWhisp 17-04-2005 13:45

Maybe they want a purpose built mosque to replace the old club?

Tealeaf 17-04-2005 13:54

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the first artist's impression of the complex to be built on the site of the Sacred Heart: