Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2005, 18:13   #1
Beacon of light

A bit strange.......eh.

I was watching the news tonight......all about the capture of the suicide(failed) bombers. One woman said that the police shouted for this man to come out of the house in just his underwear.......he said he was scared they might shoot him...... HELLO, this guy was going to blow himself up for the cause last week.

Still, maybe if you are shot as a traitor you can't be a martyr.

Did it strike any of you as a bit stange......?

Another thing that struck me as being a bit on the strange side too........the fact that there have been protests about one of the alleged bombers being tazered instead of shot......OK....I understand that there was the risk that if the guy was wearing an explosive device it may have triggered it.......but the concerns didn't seem to be for the safety of the police, but the welfare of the alleged bomber.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2005, 18:26   #2
Senior Member+

seems to me that people are just looking for stories ..

firstly whe the brazilian guy was shot last week the police shouldnt have shot him because it could have detonated any bombs he might have been carrying (although now we now know that wasnt the case, but what where the police too think after what he did and whats been going on)

secondly the guy that was tazered shouldnt have been because the current caused by it could heve triggered the bomb

WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE POLICE SUPPOSED TO DO ?

excuse me but would you please kindly put that bomb down and kindly follow me to the nearest police station sir ....

I DONT THINK SO

if it was me id have shot the bastards between the eyes simple as ...they show no remorse so why sould we ?

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:09   #3
white rabbits

Re: A bit strange.......eh.

they should be strung up by their goolies ,,,poor little mites
Old 29-07-2005, 22:43   #4
Member.

I was a little taken a back when one of them expressed concern about his human rights. He was playing up to the element that battered the authorities for the unfortunate shooting of the other chap. This I fear will be a constant theme throughout his trial. He will have these moralists braking that he is unable to have a fair trial because of all the poor publicity he’s had. Well I hope for once we take a big step back in time, take him to an isolated military establishment, stand him in front of a wall and shoot him whilst a representative of the dead of the 7th July reads him his rights………..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:49   #5
God Member

hear hear, although I'm against the death penalty in principle, for once I can be budged

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:56   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I was watching the news tonight......all about the capture of the suicide(failed) bombers. One woman said that the police shouted for this man to come out of the house in just his underwear.......he said he was scared they might shoot him...... HELLO, this guy was going to blow himself up for the cause last week.

Still, maybe if you are shot as a traitor you can't be a marty
me and the boss was saying the same margaret,just earlier,must be the fact you can't be a martyr, agree with blackburn raver they should have shot him right between the eyes.(providing theve got the right one this time) :engsmil:
Old 29-07-2005, 22:58   #7
Resident Waffler

I'd have thought you have to be human to have human rights. As far as I can see these failed suicide bombers defy description but I find it hard to think of them as human.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 23:06   #8
Member.

I personally think it’s morally wrong to take a life for any reason. I accept that in war or national conflict it is necessary and each of us will have to atone for what we may have done to protect our country and our people. Over the past few years no matter how I try I have had my doubts. I believe that Capital Punishment should now be brought back now to deal with certain crimes against the state. If these individuals are proved to be responsible for these attacks, in planning, construction and delivery they should be taken away and shot. Five Rifles, Five Volunteers. Two live rounds three blank. No memorial on British Territory………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 00:30   #9
Senior Member+

Doesn't help when the prime ministers wife is a bleeding heart liberal...

Tony Blair has been embarrassed by remarks by his lawyer wife Cherie, who warned ministers against undermining civil liberties by rushing through anti-terror laws. Her remarks in a speech in Malaysia came only hours after the Prime Minister promised to tighten anti-terrorist legislation in the wake of the London bombings and he urged the opposition parties not to block them on the grounds that they would restrict traditional freedoms.

Mr Blair said: "Considerations of national security have to come before civil liberties, no matter how important those civil liberties are."

Mrs Blair, in her speech, praised a "landmark ruling" by the law lords last December against the provision in the Government's Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act allowing terrorist suspects to be locked up indefinitely. On the London bombings, she said: "Nothing I could say here could possibly be construed as making light of these horrific acts of violence, or of the responsibility imposed on the UK and other governments to keep the public safe, or of the difficult and dangerous task performed by the police and intelligence services.
"But at the same time, it is all too easy for us to respond to such terror in a way which undermines commitment to our most deeply held values and convictions and which cheapens our right to call ourselves a civilised nation."

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 09:17   #10
God Member

I too read the dialog in this mornings paper. He wanted to surrender without being shot yet didn't give any of the people stood around him when he tried to blow them up any chance to 'surrender' . They should have shot him anyway. Plus, it's over a week since they were identified. How come no one noticed him living in a block of flats! Do they go round with their eyes shut down there?

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..