Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2009, 10:07   #1

a sad day in history

Has today we rember the 96 Hillsborough Victims
we should also rember the sinking of the titanic

by Site Admin
chrismuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2009, 16:29   #2
God Member

Re: a sad day in history

couldnt give a hoot , didnt now anyone who died there , not a liverpool fan so its none of my buisness , maybe its time to leave the remembering to those actually effected by it ie: families of teh deceased instead of plastering reminders for them all over the news and papers

if we had an anaversary for every disaster we would spend the entire year in mourning

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-04-2009 at 16:32.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 16:35   #3
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
couldnt give a hoot , didnt now anyone who died there , not a liverpool fan so its none of my buisness , maybe its time to leave the remembering to those actually effected by it ie: families of teh deceased instead of plastering reminders for them all over the news and papers

if we had an anaversary for every disaster we would spend the entire year in mourning
ooh what a horrible thing to say......what if it had been one of your family......(there but for the grace of god)
Old 15-04-2009, 16:40   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
ooh what a horrible thing to say......what if it had been one of your family......(there but for the grace of god)
then i wouldnt appreciate it been splattered all over teh papers and tv , i wouldnt want my family members death to be an excuse to fill a few colums or minuites on a news show

yes it was terrible but let them rest in peace and their families get on with their lives

just seems sick to me this obsession the media have with having to drag up disasters which have nothing to do with them

would you appreciate it if your family member died and every year there was a knock at your door from people wanting to drag you through those memories again and again asking for intervies on how you feel

personaly i think it shoud be left alone , let them have their mins silence at anfield and leave it at that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-04-2009 at 16:43.
Old 15-04-2009, 16:52   #5
Senior Member+

It,s also three years to the day that Stanley won their way back into league football.
OH HAPPY DAY
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 16:55   #6
white rabbits

Quote:
then i wouldnt appreciate it been splattered all over teh papers and tv , i wouldnt want my family members death to be an excuse to fill a few colums or minuites on a news show

yes it was terrible but let them rest in peace and their families get on with their lives

just seems sick to me this obsession the media have with having to drag up disasters which have nothing to do with them

would you appreciate it if your family member died and every year there was a knock at your door from people wanting to drag you through those memories again and again asking for intervies on how you feel

personaly i think it shoud be left alone , let them have their mins silence at anfield and leave it at that
POINT TAKEN...sorry
Old 15-04-2009, 16:56   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
It,s also three years to the day that Stanley won their way back into league football.
OH HAPPY DAY
well at least somones got a happy memory lol

Old 15-04-2009, 17:07   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
POINT TAKEN...sorry
no probs granny claret i wasnt trying to be abnoxious just putting across my point of view , im sure plenty will disagree and plenty will see the other side as well

Old 15-04-2009, 18:10   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
no probs granny claret i wasnt trying to be abnoxious just putting across my point of view , im sure plenty will disagree and plenty will see the other side as well
Don't entirely disagree with you Accyman, however, it does appear that a lot relatives have not laid their ghosts on this yet, and consider no public enquiry not being carried out isn't satisfactory. Maybe they have welcomed this reminder ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 19:07   #10
God Member

One of my friends (he was actually born and raised in the same village as the ex wife) was killed at hillsborough, at 27 years old, he had just got married, had a baby and started a business not too long before this tragedy, he was a strong, fit lad, and I was very surprised to hear the news, his family though, have wanted this to all blow over, so that they can have peace from the gory media pictures, and the constant reminders, other families want this to continue, until such time as they feel they have received justice for the deaths.
Old 15-04-2009, 19:11   #11
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

I agree 100% with you accyman

Last edited by MITZY; 15-04-2009 at 19:14.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 20:26   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is,it can only be a personal/family decision, can understand both sides, its all down to how n individual wants to deal with their loss. no easy answer some can never get closure until the "Truth" is properly established.
Old 15-04-2009, 20:44   #13
Resting in Peace

Just watched the United game in the European cup, and their team sported black arm bands in respect of the 96 who died on that fateful day. fair play to United they asked for special permission from UEFA to use the arm bands, Much credit to MUFC
Old 15-04-2009, 21:30   #14
God Member

Of course we should remember this tragedy, many respects to all the victims, families and friends.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 21:43   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is also the young ones now, know little if anything about this terrible thing,i have always been one that complains about having to sit in stadiums,this is the reason why! so it can never be repeated.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..