Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 21:19   #1
God Member

Protests at returning troops Parade

Why the hell was this allowed to happen. It makes me so angry that these protesters were allowed to be there let alone shout abuse at our troops.
I hope they bring each protester down one by one.

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Two held during parade protests
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2009, 21:22   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

fer me they should have the authority to round em up n chuck em out of the country, nowt against free speech, but downing street or the like is the place fer demonstrations, not parades welcoming working mem back home.
Old 10-03-2009, 21:24   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer me they should have the authority to round em up n chuck em out of the country, nowt against free speech, but downing street or the like is the place fer demonstrations, not parades welcoming working mem back home.

Absolutely 100% Cashy. I cant for the life in me understand why they were allowed there .
Old 10-03-2009, 21:26   #4
God Member

and on saturday they are having an irish republican,ira march in kirkintilloch.big counter protest is happening lets see if this reaches the news..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 21:36   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Absolutely 100% Cashy. I cant for the life in me understand why they were allowed there .
I think to the lads and lasses of our armed services returning or about to serve abroad and to see this on the streets of the UK must be the ultimate insult.
The PC brigade must watch this and realise there is only so much we can take.
UK citizens or not send them back to their roots.
Put them in a glasshouse and they will soon realise how wrong they were.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 21:43   #6
God Member

It is absolutely disgusting, can't for the life in me understand how it was allowed to happen. What an insult to the lads and lasses in our forces
Old 10-03-2009, 21:56   #7
Resting in Peace

Heartbreaking to see these bearded religious pratts shout at our troops this way. They are doing their duty defending us all, whatever the politicians have sent them to do.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 22:07   #8

If they don't like it here they know what to do. Some would say it was a pity the rest of the crowd didn't get them
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 22:16   #9
God Member

It's not on...there are people including christians that oppose the action in Iraq but some of the placards on display are close to threats...at least some were arrested.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 22:30   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's not on...there are people including christians that oppose the action in Iraq but some of the placards on display are close to threats...at least some were arrested.

Well at least the police were taking pics so we can only hope that they all get pulled in one by one.
Old 10-03-2009, 22:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
They should have all been arrested....from what I saw in the video, most of the protesters supported beards and attire that is a symbol of another religion. Not Christian.
Yes they were threats, and if it had happened welcoming homecoming troops on the streets of Iraq, Pakistan or Iran they would have been shot.
I am not in favour of that but such is life.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 23:15   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Hundreds of thousands took to the streets to protest against us invading Iraq. I didn't protest, but totally opposed this war, which was sold as a lie about weapons of mass destruction, when really it was about securing a stable base amongst the oil fieds of the Middle East. However I totally support the the troops who are living and dying out there, and wouldn't dream at protesting at the home coming parade of the ones lucky enough to return.

If anyone doesn't like living in this country they are free to move elsewhere. I'm sure quite a few people would glady wave 'em off.

Frankly I'd be more than impressed if they gave up any benefits this country might afford them, child benefit, education, health care etc etc, but sadly I can't see them doing that, for they seem more than happy with that part of living in Britain.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 23:20   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
However I totally support the the troops who are living and dying out there, and wouldn't dream at protesting at the home coming parade of the ones lucky enough to return.

If anyone doesn't like living in this country they are free to move elsewhere. I'm sure quite a few people would glady wave 'em off.

Frankly I'd be more than impressed if they gave up any benefits this country might afford them, child benefit, education, health care etc etc, but sadly I can't see them doing that, for they seem more than happy with that part of living in Britain.
thats the bottom line here, they damn well know they can. and the lilly livered politicals will do sod all about it.
Old 10-03-2009, 23:27   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Hundreds of thousands took to the streets to protest against us invading Iraq. I didn't protest, but totally opposed this war, which was sold as a lie about weapons of mass destruction, when really it was about securing a stable base amongst the oil fieds of the Middle East. However I totally support the the troops who are living and dying out there, and wouldn't dream at protesting at the home coming parade of the ones lucky enough to return.

Yes..but could the same be said about the recent attacks on British personnel in Ulster?...your statement could apply to Irish citizens living here that have supported the Republican cause in the past and some may still support that cause..does your post apply to them and not just Muslims?..to cut it short did you have the same opinion of the immagrant Irish in the 70' 80's?

Last edited by Mancie; 10-03-2009 at 23:29.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 23:47   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes..but could the same be said about the recent attacks on British personnel in Ulster?...your statement could apply to Irish citizens living here that have supported the Republican cause in the past and some may still support that cause..does your post apply to them and not just Muslims?..to cut it short did you have the same opinion of the immagrant Irish in the 70' 80's?
Er....show me where in the post I referred to any religious or ethnic group!?!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..