Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 23:55   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
..to cut it short did you have the same opinion of the immagrant Irish in the 70' 80's?
In answer to the less inane part of your post, if they were actively supporting terrorists at that time yes.

I also think it was wrong we have/had such a 'special relationship' and didn't cut diplomatic ties with a country, the U.S.A., which allowed open and direct fundraising for terrorist cells, and which resulted in the deaths of British citizens.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2009, 00:04   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er....show me where in the post I referred to any religious or ethnic group!?!
nowhere..but I get the gist...just pointing out that this country has been through these attacks since the 70's from the Irish and now maybe the more dangerous are the Muslim extremists.. but you never got anyone saying the Irish should be sent "home"...
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 00:16   #18
God Member

I know some people even in Accrington who did openly support the IRA in the 70's...maybe they would not have taken murderous action but they did openly support the IRA...now we have a situation were some Muslims support terrorist actions carried out by extremists and all hell breaks loose...I'm being provocative.
Old 11-03-2009, 00:16   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
nowhere..but I get the gist...just pointing out that this country has been through these attacks since the 70's from the Irish and now maybe the more dangerous are the Muslim extremists.. but you never got anyone saying the Irish should be sent "home"...

Well as so often, you got the wrong 'gist' yet again, as I made no mention of any one group of people.

As for the Irish question you're wrong yet again. Lots of quite innocent Irish families had their property, and in some cases themselves, attacked, after various terrorist atrocities in the '70's. There are many recorded cases of this happening in London and Birmingham especially.

That was wrong, but if some people were raising money for, or aiding terrorist organisations, then they should have been be stopped by legal means, whatever that may have entailed.

I think I'll change my comment about if people don't like this country they are free to move to another, to also include planet.

Old 11-03-2009, 00:21   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a family up Fern gore had their property damaged back then, were good friends of mine.
Old 11-03-2009, 00:28   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

That was wrong, but if some people were raising money for, or aiding terrorist organisations, then they should have been be stopped by legal means, whatever that may have entailed.

I think I'll change my comment about if people don't like this country they are free to move to another, to also include planet.
Ok when was the last time or anytime you saw people raising money for Al Quada?.. but not to long ago there was money raised for the IRA and the Republican cause in pubs in London and even in Accy... I'm saying that people have forgotten the misery of the IRA ..the IRA are Irish..they like to kill the British..should they be sent home?
Old 11-03-2009, 00:40   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was a family up Fern gore had their property damaged back then, were good friends of mine.
And that is what I'm saying..it's out of order...to long on here it has been time to have a dig at Muslims,Polish..or anyone else..if it was as simple to say send "em home " then great.. but the slating of immagrants seems more aggresive if they ain't white!
Old 11-03-2009, 00:48   #23
God Member

Quote:
It's not on...there are people including christians that oppose the action in Iraq but some of the placards on display are close to threats...at least some were arrested.
it has also been mentioned that the muslim protesters were taking pictures of thet returning troops , even if no actual harm comes to these troops the threat of intimidation was clearly there

what these idiots dont realise is that if the UK had the laws in place that they woudl liek to see they wouldnt have the right to protest they would probably be whipped or executed

perhaps if they disagree with the way we do things they should pi** off to a country that does things teh way they like and leave those that appreciate the freedom we have to live here in peace

as for te IRA i find it ironic that america leads teh way in the fight against terror yet funded the IRA to blow things up , mame and murder on british soil

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-03-2009 at 00:52.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
And that is what I'm saying..it's out of order...to long on here it has been time to have a dig at Muslims,Polish..or anyone else..if it was as simple to say send "em home " then great.. but the slating of immagrants seems more aggresive if they ain't white!
I didn't mention any one group, and don't try and label me as racist, as I was publicly fighting that in the late seventies.

It's probably more than a little racist of you to presume that Muslims aren't white, when in fact there are lots, and like most religions it transcends colour, culture, and national borders.

Last edited by garinda; 11-03-2009 at 07:19.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Why the hell was this allowed to happen. It makes me so angry that these protesters were allowed to be there let alone shout abuse at our troops.
I agree it was disgusting but thousands of our troops have died to allow us to have free speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
They are doing their duty defending us all
Why do you think their actions in Iraq/Afganistan are defending us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
They should have all been arrested....from what I saw in the video, most of the protesters supported beards and attire that is a symbol of another religion. Not Christian.
Because we are a tolerant country we do not arrest all non Christians. Do you think we should do?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Because we are a tolerant country we do not arrest all non Christians. Do you think we should do?
Arrest the ones who where carrying placards whatever race or cread.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Why the hell was this allowed to happen. It makes me so angry that these protesters were allowed to be there let alone shout abuse at our troops.
I hope they bring each protester down one by one.

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Two held during parade protests
I can't believe this ... what is happening over there? ... today, Trooper Marc Diab, Royal Canadian Dragoons, one of 4 Canadians KIA in Afghanistan in the past week will arrive home ... and I will guarantee that nothing like this will happen in Canada. Many of us oppose the war; but we support our troops 100 per cent.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05   #28
Resting in Peace

I have to say I was sickened by what I saw on TV this morning, but the thing that sickened me more was the fact that the police did nothing about it, if it had been the other way round and the indigenous population had been protesting at a muslim parade, their feet wouldn't have touched, but instead the police were protecting this rabble. But at least two people were arrested, not the placard waving prats but two local people who took exception to this protest, makes you proud to be British
Old 11-03-2009, 09:52   #29

If the protestors feel so strongly then renounce your British citizenship(and all benefits and entitlements)and go and try the Talibans hospitality for a month or two.
We are all lucky to live in this country,that even with it faults still compares favourably to some of the wannabe 4th century dwellers cess pits that exist..
If you don't like it, to paraphrase,"Go East young man".
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Arrest the ones who where carrying placards whatever race or cread.
I agree with that statement but only for some of the placards. I saw the one in the paper below that said "Muslims Rise Against British Oppression". He should have been arrested.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (20.8 KB, 134 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..