Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2009, 21:41   #121
God Member

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
How stuff like that can be allowed as " freedom of speech' amazes me , its nothing more than incitement to violence , and the police just stand there allow it
Hands are tied in all sections of society including the police.
If arrests were made, public unrest would ensue, not from the law abiding citizens but from the communities which support this type of behaviour and have no regard for the law in any land.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2009, 08:56   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy 39 View Post
Hands are tied in all sections of society including the police.
If arrests were made, public unrest would ensue, not from the law abiding citizens but from the communities which support this type of behaviour and have no regard for the law in any land.
As some one who lives in another country, it goes without saying that you obey the laws of that country I have no doubt Roy, so why is it to much to ask that people settling in our country obey our laws and if they don't like it there are plenty of airports dotted about to enable them to return from whence they came
Old 14-04-2009, 09:24   #123
Resting in Peace

Just thought I'd drag this thread up again. It appears that there was a peaceful protest in Luton yesterday, the focus of which was to reclaim our streets from the Muslim fanatics, it was held in exactly the same place where our homecoming troops were abused last month, and was meant to highlight the fact that neither council or police did nothing to stop these hate mongers spewing forth their abuse at our lads as the marched passed. Guest what, the police in full riot gear stopped the march, which has been named as breathe taking double standards, funny thing is I didn't see this mentioned on the news yesterday, although I may have missed it. One has to ask the question what the hell is going on in this country that used to be ours
Old 14-04-2009, 16:49   #124
Senior Member+

Like you say Jaysay, not heard anything at all about this protest. Done a quick google without finding anything mentioned. Certainly smacks of dual standards though. Perhaps the protesters should have disguised themselves under Veils, Burkas and Hijabs.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 20:23   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just thought I'd drag this thread up again. It appears that there was a peaceful protest in Luton yesterday, the focus of which was to reclaim our streets from the Muslim fanatics, it was held in exactly the same place where our homecoming troops were abused last month, and was meant to highlight the fact that neither council or police did nothing to stop these hate mongers spewing forth their abuse at our lads as the marched passed. Guest what, the police in full riot gear stopped the march, which has been named as breathe taking double standards, funny thing is I didn't see this mentioned on the news yesterday, although I may have missed it. One has to ask the question what the hell is going on in this country that used to be ours
Does seem that freedom of speech has been more than a little distorted ... from what I could see in the pics, what the original protesters were doing was not exercising their freedom to speak and to protest, but promoting hatred ... in Canada, that is illegal; it has passed beyond freedom of speech ... and I do presume that you have similar laws. And while I'm at it, what in hell's name are we fighting for in Afghanistan, a place where they can propose a law making shiite women second, or third class citizens, at the mercy of their husbands and male relatives; where a leading female politician and activist is murdered by Taliban gunmen, who relish claiming responsibility .... I think it's time to pull out of their crappy little asshole of the world country, and leave them to fend for themselves.

And on a sad note, another Canadian soldier was killed in action yesterday in Kandahar province. Trooper Karine Blais, 21, of the Royal 22nd Regiment, Francophones from Quebec, was killed in a roadside bomb blast. Four other soldiers were injured. She was from a small town in the Gaspe region of Quebec; and she was the second woman kia while serving with the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 08:29   #126
Senior Member+

Could'nt agree more, the sooner our troops are out of there the better. Its not a war we can every win, and more and more of our own people are going to die needlessly!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 08:53   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Does seem that freedom of speech has been more than a little distorted ... from what I could see in the pics, what the original protesters were doing was not exercising their freedom to speak and to protest, but promoting hatred ... in Canada, that is illegal; it has passed beyond freedom of speech ... and I do presume that you have similar laws. And while I'm at it, what in hell's name are we fighting for in Afghanistan, a place where they can propose a law making shiite women second, or third class citizens, at the mercy of their husbands and male relatives; where a leading female politician and activist is murdered by Taliban gunmen, who relish claiming responsibility .... I think it's time to pull out of their crappy little asshole of the world country, and leave them to fend for themselves.

And on a sad note, another Canadian soldier was killed in action yesterday in Kandahar province. Trooper Karine Blais, 21, of the Royal 22nd Regiment, Francophones from Quebec, was killed in a roadside bomb blast. Four other soldiers were injured. She was from a small town in the Gaspe region of Quebec; and she was the second woman kia while serving with the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.
Promoting hatred is also a offence in this country too Eric, but is just depends who is promoting hatred though. As for Afghanistan it was one of Bubba's targets in his Axes of Evil crusade supported by his buddy Blair
Old 15-04-2009, 19:18   #128

Well I'm pleased to say that some of the lads out there that were the deserving recepients of the Accyweb parcels over Christmas (and since as well) are due home very very shortly (RAF Permitting!) so I'd like to pass on their gratitude once more for everyones kindness and thoughts.

Theyve been through some hairy moments, but only one casualty, and are currently being fed and showered in Bastion lol

Thanks everyone for your help. If anyone wouldlike to continue to 'sponsor a squaddie', lol, please give me or Cherokee a shout. I have a patrol base of new lads and lasses that have just started withthe 24 ration packs, so I'm sure anything else would be gratefully recieved xx
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 19:49   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Well I'm pleased to say that some of the lads out there that were the deserving recepients of the Accyweb parcels over Christmas (and since as well) are due home very very shortly (RAF Permitting!) so I'd like to pass on their gratitude once more for everyones kindness and thoughts.

Theyve been through some hairy moments, but only one casualty, and are currently being fed and showered in Bastion lol

Thanks everyone for your help. If anyone wouldlike to continue to 'sponsor a squaddie', lol, please give me or Cherokee a shout. I have a patrol base of new lads and lasses that have just started withthe 24 ration packs, so I'm sure anything else would be gratefully recieved xx

Sponsor a squaddie eh!!!

If i give just £3 a week will i get christmas cards and letters?? lol

Last edited by emzy; 15-04-2009 at 19:50. Reason: mistake
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 19:52   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Sponsor a squaddie eh!!!
LMAO!! OK, sponsor a squaddie or 40.

Just cos Cherokee isnt playing, dont start with me missis lol xx

See u in the morning x
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 20:05   #131
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
LMAO!! OK, sponsor a squaddie or 40.

Just cos Cherokee isnt playing, dont start with me missis lol xx

See u in the morning x

No, on a more serious note, I will continue my donations and help with the parcels for support our soldiers
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 22:53   #132
God Member

Trooper Karine Blais arrived home to CFB Trenton today. Her coffin was accompanied by comrades from the Van Doos, and was taken to Toronto along Highway 401 ... Canadians lined the highway to pay their respects. There were no protests. I have the feeling that none would have been tolerated.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..