Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree with that statement but only for some of the placards. I saw the one in the paper below that said "Muslims Rise Against British Oppression". He should have been arrested.

The thing is Neil, its not matter of should have been arrested, but more on the lines why weren't they if they feel oppressed then they can sod off back to the cave from whence they came, nobody is asking them to stay, and you can bet your bottom dollar that none of them are in gainful employment and they and there extended families are being kept by those very same people they are calling oppressors
Old 11-03-2009, 11:06   #32
Beacon of light

Would these people have the freedom to protest in such a manner in their own country?
I rather think that they wouldn't. As many others have said, there are a lot of us who did not want our troops out there....in a war that was not of our making(in effect a false war).....if these people do not like living in a society that allows them the freedoms that they have here......then leave! And make sure the door doesn't hit you in the bum as you leave.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:18   #33
Resting in Peace

Can you just imagine what would happen if a bunch of blokes had to make placards saying Muslims out and stand outside a mosque on a Friday lunch time, their feet wouldn't touch, so whats the difference, isn't this the type of thing that causes resentment amongst the indigenous population, we have to toe the line and these fanatics get away with anything they like. The sorry thing about this is that all Muslims are being tarred with the same brush
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23   #34
Super Moderator

I don't agree with the war in Iraq and I'm not anti-immigrant. However, this really is too much. Our armed forces put their lives on the line for us on a daily basis and they should not be subjected to this sort of abuse when they return home. I watched the arrogant, smug individual who organised this protest being interviewed by John Stapleton this morning and I came as close as I've ever been to putting my foot through the TV screen.

I would be very interested to hear: (a) what this government are going to do to make sure that this doesn't happen again, and (b) the excuses that the chattering classes and Hampstead Heath intellectuals come up with for this hateful rabble.
Old 11-03-2009, 13:57   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whilst greg is getting rightfully praised in the other thread, things like this are the "Big" issues,that affect every british subject! i'm sure the feeling about this is reflected all over england, by the majority of people, WHY was this march/demonstration allowed in that place? WHY is nothing done about these hostile people? these demonstrations can only cause racism, hatred, intolerance, what can he do to help the public in this instance?
Old 11-03-2009, 14:00   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
if they feel oppressed then they can sod off back to the cave from whence they came, nobody is asking them to stay, and you can bet your bottom dollar that none of them are in gainful employment and they and there extended families are being kept by those very same people they are calling oppressors
That is a very prejudiced comment as some of the protesters interviewed on TV were obviously born here and lived here all their lives.
Old 11-03-2009, 14:02   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Would these people have the freedom to protest in such a manner in their own country?
Another prejudiced comment making the asumption that this is not their own country.
Old 11-03-2009, 14:26   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
Another prejudiced comment making the asumption that this is not their own country.

As Bernard Manning once said, just because a dog is born in a stable it does'nt make it a horse.
If they want to follow their own religion, and have their own laws implimented, then they should be in their country of origin.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 11-03-2009 at 14:28.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 14:28   #39
God Member

Quote:
If we make the assumption that this is the case they should comply with the rule of law of the country. Without Fear or Favour.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 14:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
As Bernard Manning once said, just because a dog is born in a stable it does'nt make it a horse.
If they want to follow their own religion, and have their own laws implimented, then they should be in their country of origin.
Retlaw.

Echo every word here. Im still really angry at that protest. and THE FACT That nothing was done to avoid it.
I am so proud of our armed forces but right now very ashamed to belong to a country that allows such behaviour to the ones that have been fighting for these prats to be able to protest in the first place.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 14:43   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Why the hell was this allowed to happen. It makes me so angry that these protesters were allowed to be there let alone shout abuse at our troops.
I hope they bring each protester down one by one.

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Two held during parade protests
Bout time we stood up and let ourselves be counted. It seems that our cowardly government have long treated the muslims like some sort of protected species, much to the detriment of the long suffering public who are seeing their own rights eroded on a daily basis.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 14:54   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
its sod all to do with prejudice, its about people living here abiding by our laws n traditions. like i did happily when i lived abroad. it was my choice, their country, so i respected it.
Old 11-03-2009, 14:57   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its sod all to do with prejudice, its about people living here abiding by our laws n traditions. like i did happily when i lived abroad. it was my choice, their country, so i respected it.

Could`nt have put it better myself.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 15:13   #44
Beacon of light

If they feel like they do....then whether it is the country they were born in or not....it isn't their country.
They aren't showing prejudice are they????????
I do not call it prejudice...I call it patriotism.......I call it support for the lads and lasses who in the line of duty, put their lives on the line in a war that the majority of us seem not to have been in support of.
I call it justified.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 15:19   #45
Senior Member+

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..