Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2009, 10:21   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Never mentioned colour, never mentioned race. Just pointing out that what this lot did is unacceptable and the government should now be looking at either introducing or amending legislation to stop this sort of thing happening again.
I think you may find Wynonie, that there is already legislation covering this type of offence, well it would be an offence if carried out by the indigenous population, its just that the police decided not to act on it, because they would have been accused of being racists or islamophobes by the chattering classes from the Guardian
Old 17-03-2009, 10:29   #107
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Never mentioned colour, never mentioned race. Just pointing out that what this lot did is unacceptable and the government should now be looking at either introducing or amending legislation to stop this sort of thing happening again.
We all ready have laws about inciting violence and race hate etc. That is the only law that needed as that is what they did wrong. Why the Police did use the laws we have is what needs correcting
Old 17-03-2009, 10:53   #108
Super Moderator

Well, in that case, surely Jacqui Smith should have hauled the Chief Constable of Bedfordshire police over the coals? What the chattering classes don't seem to grasp is that this type of thing is, unfortunately, a perfect recruiting sergeant for the likes of the BNP.
Old 17-03-2009, 11:08   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, in that case, surely Jacqui Smith should have hauled the Chief Constable of Bedfordshire police over the coals? What the chattering classes don't seem to grasp is that this type of thing is, unfortunately, a perfect recruiting sergeant for the likes of the BNP.
You know that and I know that, but there are those people who walk round with blinkers on until something untoward happens Wynonie then all hell breaks loose, an the fingers are pointed
Old 17-03-2009, 11:14   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I know some people even in Accrington who did openly support the IRA in the 70's...maybe they would not have taken murderous action but they did openly support the IRA...now we have a situation were some Muslims support terrorist actions carried out by extremists and all hell breaks loose...I'm being provocative.
I must admit you do seem to be more aware than most how large sections of some nationalities hold Britain in contempt while reaping all the benefits that Britain and her people give to these people.I live in Ireland and can say for a fact that not all but a large part of people here have a hatred for Britain.It seems to be indoctrinated in a lot of people.I also see mild discrimination and a dislike to people who are known not to be catholic.British tax payers pay large amounts of money to Europe and Ireland has benefited well from Europe.Britain imports almost 40% of Irelands exports helping towards employment yet many of its people would not hear mention of the contribution Britain gives to Ireland.I see a similar scenario with some Muslin countries and its peoples
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 20:34   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you may find Wynonie, that there is already legislation covering this type of offence, well it would be an offence if carried out by the indigenous population, its just that the police decided not to act on it, because they would have been accused of being racists or islamophobes by the chattering classes from the Guardian
This is good coming from you.You are one of the first on here accusing posts of being racist.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:34   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
This is good coming from you.You are one of the first on here accusing posts of being racist.
Your posts Gordie because they usually are
Old 26-03-2009, 14:18   #113
Senior Member+

I only saw a bit of this on TV.

However I received a Email the other day and I was disguisted with what I saw.

How can this be allowed.

Now this would cause me alarm and distress If I was to witness this.

but is that not arrestable under section 5 of the Public order act?
Harassment, alarm or distress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 26-03-2009, 14:29   #114
Senior Member+

Was obviously a quiet day in the "Cloakroom"!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 16:16   #115
Resting in Peace

I think its all been said before on here Mr D
Old 26-03-2009, 17:38   #116
Resting in Peace

I so wish I could say what I really feel about these: LOW LIFE.... however its not allowed in my own country is it: So best I keep my thoughts about them to myself... but mark my words.... a lot will really say just what they feel about them and action will be taken .... this summer will be a hot one in more ways than one.... I can feel the tension :

Bottom line the flipping lot of them what they have on film and the like... should be taken to the airport and kicked out of OUR country end of:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 14:08   #117

Being married to the Army, working for the Army - living and breathing the Army.. i see all too much the pain and grieving that families go through when their brave, courageous, loved one has been killed in TELIC (Iraq) or HERRICK (Afghanistan). These selfless people are giving their lives..and their families lives and future..for democracy. They are fighting a real threat to our democratic way of life. The freedom of choice and right of equality. What these protestors are doing are mocking that freedom, mocking our Western way, mocking our right to live as free human beings. It is laughing in the face of the good, the decent, the brave and the general British public.. who may not support the wars..but at least are behind our troops 100%. The lads and lasses who come back need to feel proud, need to feel supported ..need to feel that the country is behind them because they are willing to give their lives for this green and once so pleasant land..the protestors should be rounded up and expelled from OUR country..they have the right to protest..but we should have the right to kick them out..that would be true democracy..
Gingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 18:01   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerninja View Post
Being married to the Army, working for the Army - living and breathing the Army.. i see all too much the pain and grieving that families go through when their brave, courageous, loved one has been killed in TELIC (Iraq) or HERRICK (Afghanistan). These selfless people are giving their lives..and their families lives and future..for democracy. They are fighting a real threat to our democratic way of life. The freedom of choice and right of equality. What these protestors are doing are mocking that freedom, mocking our Western way, mocking our right to live as free human beings. It is laughing in the face of the good, the decent, the brave and the general British public.. who may not support the wars..but at least are behind our troops 100%. The lads and lasses who come back need to feel proud, need to feel supported ..need to feel that the country is behind them because they are willing to give their lives for this green and once so pleasant land..the protestors should be rounded up and expelled from OUR country..they have the right to protest..but we should have the right to kick them out..that would be true democracy..
I back your sentiments 100% Gingerninja
Old 29-03-2009, 21:23   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I only saw a bit of this on TV.

However I received a Email the other day and I was disguisted with what I saw.

How can this be allowed.

Now this would cause me alarm and distress If I was to witness this.

but is that not arrestable under section 5 of the Public order act?
Harassment, alarm or distress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How stuff like that can be allowed as " freedom of speech' amazes me , its nothing more than incitement to violence , and the police just stand there allow it
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 21:29   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
How stuff like that can be allowed as " freedom of speech' amazes me , its nothing more than incitement to violence , and the police just stand there allow it
And to top it off arrest two men who objected to it, scandalous!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..