Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 08:59   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Protests at returning troops Parade

You've all heard the saying "you couldn't make it up" well listen to this one. One of these protesters, one Jalal Ahmed, has security clearance and works for Easy Jet as baggage handler at Luton Airport comments please
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've all heard the saying "you couldn't make it up" well listen to this one. One of these protesters, one Jalal Ahmed, has security clearance and works for Easy Jet as baggage handler at Luton Airport comments please
well if they allow thugs n thieves to be cops, a baggage handler is fine.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if they allow thugs n thieves to be cops, a baggage handler is fine.
Just depends what he's going to slip in a bag when no ones watching is the thing that bothers me cashy
Old 12-03-2009, 11:23   #64
God Member

Wonder just how long he,ll keep his job now all this has come to light? Will be interesting to see if action is taken against him.
And yes IMO it damn well should be
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Wonder just how long he,ll keep his job now all this has come to light? Will be interesting to see if action is taken against him.
And yes IMO it damn well should be
Could'nt agree more, but i bet it dont!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have it on good authority he is an MI5 agent planted to spy on the rest of the Luton baggage handlers
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:43   #67
Beacon of light

Onlt two people were arrested at this demo.....both of them non muslims.
Bet that surprised you!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 16:16   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I have it on good authority he is an MI5 agent planted to spy on the rest of the Luton baggage handlers
Well that explains it then Tealeaf, and there's me thinking he was a danger to national security, how silly of me
Old 12-03-2009, 18:39   #69
God Member

Quote:
Why the hell was this allowed to happen. It makes me so angry that these protesters were allowed to be there let alone shout abuse at our troops.
I hope they bring each protester down one by one.

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Two held during parade protests
I was going to pm you and say that however angry this makes you, remember that the work you do on behalf of the troops serving at the sharp end of things means much more, and more truly represents how the vast majority of feel, than the rantings of a few extremists. But I decided to put it on the open forum instead .... I think it adds a little perspective to this whole deal.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:36   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I was going to pm you and say that however angry this makes you, remember that the work you do on behalf of the troops serving at the sharp end of things means much more, and more truly represents how the vast majority of feel, than the rantings of a few extremists. But I decided to put it on the open forum instead .... I think it adds a little perspective to this whole deal.

I agree Eric . If anything positive has come out of those scumbags protesting, It is the Public support strengthening more than ever, and that can only be a good thing for our troops.
IMO all they have done is embarrass themselves and their own culture and joined a few more dots together to enable a clearer picture of what we the british public have to endure in our own country, Now all we need is a decent enough government to sit up and take note.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 23:46   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I agree Eric . If anything positive has come out of those scumbags protesting, It is the Public support strengthening more than ever, and that can only be a good thing for our troops.
IMO all they have done is embarrass themselves and their own culture and joined a few more dots together to enable a clearer picture of what we the british public have to endure in our own country, Now all we need is a decent enough government to sit up and take note.
agree, only problem with it is NO government in this country would have the balls to take the Bull By The Horns n sort it. whilst its all happening at the moment, aint heard the opposition shouting at Brown n co has anyone?
Old 13-03-2009, 08:02   #72
Beacon of light

There was a news report on TV last night from Pakistan. It was about a long Walk from Karachi to Islamabad. It seems that during the political unrest of the last couple of years, the then President(Pervez Musharraf) sacked all the senior judges.....and they want to be reinstated.

There was a large demonstration and in the crowd were 'plain clothes police'......demonstrators were hit with batons and bundled into vans and taken to Prison.......women too were treated in this manner.
So thje demonstrators in Luton want to realise that they have freedoms here that aren't shared with the people in their own countries......and women demonstrators and polictical activists are not tolerated at all.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 09:06   #73
Resting in Peace

The thing that amuses me about these nut jobs, is they are calling our troops yet more Muslims are being killed by Muslims ever day, and I also ask the question how many Muslims did Sadman slaughter during his tyrannical reign, exactly
Old 13-03-2009, 09:51   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Onlt two people were arrested at this demo.....both of them non muslims.
Bet that surprised you!
Suppose it was all a question of law Margaret. If they weren't throwing objects, hitting out at anyone ... just maybe causing an obstruction or some sort of incitement, then all the police could do was to move them along. Bet they themselves would have loved to have punched the hell out of them !

Can't obviously blame other members of the crowd from having a go at them, can you ? Suppose though in the eyes of the law they were committing an offence.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 11:22   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Suppose it was all a question of law Margaret. If they weren't throwing objects, hitting out at anyone ... just maybe causing an obstruction or some sort of incitement, then all the police could do was to move them along. Bet they themselves would have loved to have punched the hell out of them !

Can't obviously blame other members of the crowd from having a go at them, can you ? Suppose though in the eyes of the law they were committing an offence.
I have to disagree kate, if the BNP were stood outside a mosque waving obnoxious posters, their feet would not have touched, you know it I know it, but because they were Muslim fanatics shouting vile insults at our lads marching through their town, the police were scarred to death of being pulled over the calls, there is one law for us and another law for them and lets face it its not the first time this has happened nor will it be the last, sadly

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..