Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 21:14   #181
God Member

Re: Abbey Street uniform shop - drug using equipment?

You got me thinking there about the logo on the PE kit and Hollins have it on the shirt. Don't think it is on the shorts
Old 06-09-2008, 23:29   #182
Resident Waffler

Yes a secondary school. Accrington Academy which used to be Moorhead.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 21:16   #183
Senior Member+

Got school trousers there for my child last year, £ 15 a throw, fell to bits within 4 weeks. Tie and blazer from there absolutley fine.
Old 07-09-2008, 21:40   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You got me thinking there about the logo on the PE kit and Hollins have it on the shirt. Don't think it is on the shorts
It is on the shorts but I suspect you could probably get away with not having it on.
Old 07-09-2008, 21:51   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Yes, absolutely everything apart from the black trousers and white shirts/blouses has to have the logo on.
I think It's called 'Branding'......at your expense.
If your children are representing the school in competition then yes.
This should be in the school budget and paid for by the education authorities.....If not...what is the point of 'Branding'?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 22:08   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It is on the shorts but I suspect you could probably get away with not having it on.
My mistake, the logo is on the shorts as you say Still beyond me why kids need a logo on their PE kit Wonder if every child has the correct uniform never mind PE kit
Old 07-09-2008, 22:27   #187
Resident Waffler

My daughter has been told that if she goes to school in any other clothing she will be sent home. It;s supposed to instill pride and encourage them to work harder.

Old 07-09-2008, 22:32   #188
God Member

Sorry Willow but a logo on a PE kit Or even on trousers it is not neccessary
Old 07-09-2008, 22:58   #189
God Member

I would be tempted to embroider it on

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:24   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
My daughter has been told that if she goes to school in any other clothing she will be sent home. It;s supposed to instill pride and encourage them to work harder.
what a load of crap all i see is a money grabbing opportunity for schools to reap in extra money

heres a pathetic example of this pettyness at its extreme

i forget the name of the school but its a junior school up haslingden across from the swimming baths

for years their uniform was red and all the parents bought red jumpers for their children but mid term the head teacher left and a new head teacher was appointed and her favourite colour was purple, can you guess what colour jumpers all the parents were told to buy their children with immidiate effect or pupils would face been sent home for not having the correct uniform?

some parents can get 2 terms out of jumpers if looked after properly or hand them down to younger children if they attend the same school .

naturaly excuses were made like it was time for a change and purple represents the school better but in short teachers were disgusted by this and informed the parents of the real reason for the change which was basicly on the whim of a pratt and incidently if i remeber correctly a few teachers left because they found her intollerable and impossible to work with

this was almost 2 years ago now so i guess all the school is now purple uniformed but if you ask me schools have way to much power over what children wear or where it should be bought and as long as the items of clothing are the correct colour it shoudlnt matter where they are bought

its like saying to live in accrington i have to wear green jeans that can only be bought from hyndburn council its just ludricous the control these schools have over parents who can ill afford to be ripped off in this way

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:39   #191
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

It is one way of making sure they all wear the correct uniform. It stops the kids (especially the girls) from wearing what they want. That is why you see Rhyddings kids in skin tight pants and skirts up their backsides.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:49   #192
Resident Waffler

Quote:

I'm not saying that it is, that's what the school rules are. There are even socks with the logo on.

However, I must say that I agree with Neil's point of view too about the way some of the pupils bend the rules and end up looking more like prostitutes than schoolgirls. They try to bend the rules as far as possible if they are just given a general description such as "black skirt" or "black trousers". Navy blue can be a problem too because it comes in slightly different shades and the colour can wash out and then the school complains that they are not wearing the right colour!

Accrington Academy even has socks with the logo on. Now that IS extreme!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:06   #193
God Member

Having a school logo is pathetic, and I dont see how they can enforce it, even when used for visiting other schools, unifroms are fine because that way people know which school kids go to if they cause trouble, logos on trousers etc? just a rip off, and I dont see that sending children home helps, what if the parents work? Oh yes, then it costs you twice, once for the school rip off and again in lost income!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52   #194
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I dont see that sending children home helps, what if the parents work? Oh yes, then it costs you twice, once for the school rip off and again in lost income!
The parents know the rules so it is there fault if their child is sent home. If it costs them lost income it might make them think the next time.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:00   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is why you see Rhyddings kids in skin tight pants and skirts up their backsides.

Reece doesnt wear skirts up his backside thankyou very much

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..