Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2013, 12:55   #1

Accrington Pals/Peel house shambles

Have just been to the pals centre this morning to try again to get an appoitment to see a Doctor,last went 3 weeks ago and was told Dr Woodcock(who I been seeing since the late Dr Gavin retired years ago)was not taking appoitments till May,now today I'm told June asked if I could make appoitment to see Dr Cooper but was told no appoitments till May and I would have to ring on a daily basis for an appoitment for that day(try ringing and getting through!!) and would allocated a Doctor. I said what about today reply: all appoitments gone for today.what about next week reply:no we dont do that.
my point is what is going on,it was never like this even when the surgery was in a front room in Avenue Parade. Is this progress??

Last edited by Neil; 25-04-2013 at 13:41.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2013, 13:11   #2

Re: Accrington Pals/Peel house shambles

It was the same at Avenue Parade you had to book in advance to be ill, they used to say a week to get in I always replied I'll either be cured or be dead by then !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 13:25   #3
Senior Member+

Been like that for as long as I can remember, always been with them since I was a kid and only time I got to see anyone at short notice was when I walked into surgery spewing my guts up ( turns out I had grumbling appendix )
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 13:29   #4
I am Banned

Unfortunately the only way is to get down there at sparrow fart and queue.
Too many people and not enough doctors.

I tried to get an appointment for an x-ray online the other day...first available at Blackburn, Burnley or Accy...June !!!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 13:35   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dave yeh should have mentioned when i saw yeh in arndale. I was yon only this morning, arrived at 7-50 was about 7th in queue, got appointment saw some new doctor n was well suited wi the guy. I'm wi same doc as you n only seen him once since they moved from parade, Phoning em is hopeless yeh gotta get down early or else all appointments are gone.
Old 25-04-2013, 13:38   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dave yeh should have mentioned when i saw yeh in arndale. I was yon only this morning, arrived at 7-50 was about 7th in queue, got appointment saw some new doctor n was well suited wi the guy. I'm wi same doc as you n only seen him once since they moved from parade, Phoning em is hopeless yeh gotta get down early or else all appointments are gone.
Dr Woodcock has been off sick himself bet he didn't have to queue.
Old 25-04-2013, 13:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Dr Woodcock has been off sick himself bet he didn't have to queue.
Hope hes well,damn good doc in view, as was Gavin before him.
Old 25-04-2013, 13:46   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
"roger that" Mr C

He is back at work now
Old 25-04-2013, 13:53   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

We always get a Doctors appointment over here in Gods Country when needed. I had to explain to the Surgery manager a couple of times a few years ago that because I work in Liverpool I can't phone in the morning and call in the same day which is why I am phoning today for an appointment tomorrow. They appear to have sorted things out and getting an appointment is not a problem now.
Old 25-04-2013, 13:54   #10
God Member

Quote:

yeah but try getting to see him

i eventually gave up after 4 years of been flobbed off onto doctors that had only just got out of uni or were doing work experience.

the place is run purely for proffit as they dont have to pay as good wages for inexperienced doctors

nearly flipping killed me that place and i got out of tehre before they could finish teh job

gavin was a prooper doctor and still worked there occasionally after retirement.A great man and a great loss

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 14:40   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yeah but try getting to see him

i eventually gave up after 4 years of been flobbed off onto doctors that had only just got out of uni or were doing work experience.

the place is run purely for proffit as they dont have to pay as good wages for inexperienced doctors

nearly flipping killed me that place and i got out of tehre before they could finish teh job

gavin was a prooper doctor and still worked there occasionally after retirement.A great man and a great loss
Where do you go now? We find Rhyddings on Union Road good
Old 25-04-2013, 15:09   #12
Senior Member+

You must be kiddin' last time I phone a doc he came to the house to see ME. Oh just a minute that was 40 years ago?? Sounds a bit like chaos now. I suppose we can't complain, I phone the surgery in the morning and book a time for the afternoon, not a problem, perhaps all your docs have migrated?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:19   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Where do you go now? We find Rhyddings on Union Road good

victoria health access center because i spent more time there than what i did at peel house it made sense to swap

even if your not registered they have a walk in service which is much faster than peel house but registered people get priority.

also they dont treat you liek a hyperchondriac which was teh diagnosis i was given by a doctor at peel house.Turned out i had cancer but i guess it was all in my head

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:29   #14
Resting in Peace

Never had a problem with our Doc can always get an appointment when needed or a nurse
even an x-ray only took 2 days at Accy Vic through the doc
I have to go to the chest clinic at Blackburn soon too.

Oh and I am not telling which docs it is
Great family doc with a good sense of humour too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 15:31   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Oh and I am not telling which docs it is
Great family doc with a good sense of humour too

Is it Mearleys?
sparkie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..