Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Neil
  • 1 Post By MargaretR

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2013, 09:29   #1

Arndale Centre

Live in oz. I saw in the observer online a few weeks ago, that a meeting was being arranged to discuss the cost of putting the clock back in the Arndale centre. Has this meeting been held and what was the outcome?.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2013, 09:47   #2
God Member

Re: Arndale Centre

it would be better to discuss getting some shops in there first of all... its over 50% empty and even more are closing in the next couple of weeks

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 09:53   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Live in oz. I saw in the observer online a few weeks ago, that a meeting was being arranged to discuss the cost of putting the clock back in the Arndale centre. Has this meeting been held and what was the outcome?.
Theres a full thread on this if you care to look, just put Arndale in the site search should take you to it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 09:55   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
There were never any plans to put the clock back in the Arndale Centre as they don't want it.

Yes there was a meeting but as usual those who had been moaning the loudest about the clock being restored did not bother to turn up. I wasn't really expecting them to.

It was the usual story of "Someone should sort out the clock but I can't be bothered to help but I will make a loud noise about it"

Those that were talking about it appear to have gone quiet after not bothering to turn up.

From memory there were 2 Councillors and 3 or 4 members of the public at the meeting. Some who did not turn up even moaned that the meeting was in Oswaldtwistle. The location was offered as a free venue and my comment was "If they can't be bothered to travel the massive distance to Oswaldtwistle then they are not the right people to sort out the clock"
Judith Addison likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:01   #5

Thank You
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 10:05   #6
Junior Member+

i was on the train back from work a few days ago (i work in burnley)and overheard someone saying that sainsburys were after buying the arndale. i cant see it happening though to be honest
urban caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 11:20   #7

Arndale Centre

Fingers crossed that sainsburys take it. Needs to be demolished and turned into something else.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:19   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Just a thought, the proposed new bus station, will it require some of the shops to be demolished? If so perhaps they are hoping to move the occupants into the arndale?
Can't see it doing much good if that happens.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 14:45   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Just a thought, the proposed new bus station, will it require some of the shops to be demolished? If so perhaps they are hoping to move the occupants into the arndale?
Can't see it doing much good if that happens.
One shop from memory Less, to make a pedestrian entrance to the new white elephant
Old 26-04-2013, 14:49   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Fingers crossed that sainsburys take it. Needs to be demolished and turned into something else.
a ground level carpark which it should have stayed as

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 15:03   #11
God Member

This old news from Nov 19, 2010 shows that Sainsburys were interested in the past. That interest vanished when Tesco were given planning consent.

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...rndale-1272190
urban caveman likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..