Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 11:47   #16
God Member

Re: AccyWebbers' Favourite View

Mine has to be most of the beautiful views in Wales..... some are absolutely breath taking.

These are Holyhead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0064.jpg (96.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0065.jpg (101.3 KB, 9 views)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50   #17
God Member

Some from Anglesey too ..... we went last month!! I will deffo be going back for some more of these views
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0062.jpg (60.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0063.jpg (65.3 KB, 6 views)

Miracles do happen!!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:09   #18
Senior Member+

south stack lighthouse...brill view from the top
hell of a lot a steps down

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 17:57   #19
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
i see my favorite view every day ..........i stand on my back doorstep & i see before me some lovely views over to gt,harwood, ingelton, then onto pendle hill i love it, i used to see most of ossy too but a new school now interupts that view.........i lived on angelsey for some 15yrs ..yes some lovely views but nowt as preciuos (sp?) as home .
This is a great view Mez although my first thought also involved Mumzy Mez. I followed Mez through a shortcut from her house to the highway to Manchester. We travelled these really tight roads with rock walls along much of the way. The views of the country side with garzing livestock and old homesites was brilliant!

Brian

I guess the view from the London Eye weren't too bad either!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 19:50   #20
God Member

The view from the aeroplane window when you're above the clouds. So blissful.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 20:00   #21
Yank in King Art's Court!

I don't know about that qualifying as a great "British view" Redash. I trust you're not disparaging the beauty of the Britsih Isles? I'd admit that'd be the best view when flying over something like Newark, New Jersey (sorry Billcat)

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:20   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
south stack lighthouse...brill view from the top
hell of a lot a steps down
Thats the one beechy!!

We actually walked all the way down and all the way back up again!!!

It proved how un fit I was lol, I was shattered when I got back to the top.

It is A lovely view!! But I didn't enjoy walking down the steps, as the wall on either side isn't very high, and I am petrified of heights!!

I just clung onto the kids all the way down and back up!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 12-09-2007, 15:46   #23
God Member

Apart from the views anywhere around Ullswater - my favourite view was from the back window of our old house on Cranbourne Drive -there was a space between the houses on Dill Hall Lane, over the allotments you could see right across to the horizon created by the hills -there is a massive oak tree up there which changes shape with the seasons (looks like a steam train with smoke in the summer and a witch on a broomstick in winter , or so i thought when i was little!). I think it's near where the Shepherd's Rest pub is....
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 15:50   #24

Which view did win the "Britains Favour View" does any one know?
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 15:51   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Apart from the views anywhere around Ullswater - my favourite view was from the back window of our old house on Cranbourne Drive -there was a space between the houses on Dill Hall Lane, over the allotments you could see right across to the horizon created by the hills -there is a massive oak tree up there which changes shape with the seasons (looks like a steam train with smoke in the summer and a witch on a broomstick in winter , or so i thought when i was little!). I think it's near where the Shepherd's Rest pub is....
It sounds like you get homesick sometimes
I had an exhusband whose family lived in Ferrara - I miss my regular trips to Italy.
(the grass is always greener.......)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 16:09   #26
God Member

From the east gate of Fort Henry, on the glacis, overlooking the beginning of the St Lawrence River with the Thousand Islands; and if you look west, a beautiful view of Lake Ontario. Views great at sunset, and especially fantastic during a night thunderstorm when the lightning provides the illumination. Or on a motorcycle, riding on hwy. 60 thro Algonqin Park ... breathtaking!
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 16:18   #27
God Member

Got it in one Margaret! Haven't been over to Accy for about 4 and a half years now -mum and dad sold up and moved to Tenerife when my sister emigrated to NZ. So i get summer hols in Tenerife now too (there isn't much green grass there!)- but you can't beat Accy on a rainy day in autumn, or bonfire night! My boys both visited Accy a lot when they were younger and when we get a cold day here in October with rain on the wind from the north-west they say it's just like England.
These days everyone seems to knock so much about England but there is a lot that is unique and easy to miss...read my post on "Eating with your fingers" to find out one!!
Old 12-09-2007, 16:21   #28
God Member

Just seen your post Eric -my husband was over in Canada last Nov. for the Winter Show in Toronto (Dairy cows!) and did a tour of a number of famous farms out there -he was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the scenery -didn't like the food much (typical Italian!) but said the people were very friendly and hospitable...
Old 12-09-2007, 17:01   #29
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Which view did win the "Britains Favour View" does any one know?

I think it was Ullswater. It was one of the lakes for sure.
Old 12-09-2007, 17:30   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Just seen your post Eric -my husband was over in Canada last Nov. for the Winter Show in Toronto (Dairy cows!) and did a tour of a number of famous farms out there -he was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the scenery -didn't like the food much (typical Italian!) but said the people were very friendly and hospitable...
Italians are like that about food ... but don't think that my buddy Mario Gencarelli would agree, he and is family have been in the restaurant business in Kingston for a couple of generations. It must have been the moose burgers, or the bannock, that put him off And I have to agree that most Canadians are really friendly ... but watch out when they put on the skates, grab a stick, and catch sight of a puck
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..