Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2011, 18:37   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Adoption

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
My concern would be that the child would grow up thinking that being gay is "normal" and are more likely to grow up to become gay themselves. In a similar way to fact that if a child's parents smoke the child is more likely to take up smoking as they see it as the "norm".
That is barmy steve, people don't choose to be gay, its not a lifestyle choice, that is how they are born, end of story
Old 28-10-2011, 18:50   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
My concern would be that the child would grow up thinking that being gay is "normal" and are more likely to grow up to become gay themselves. In a similar way to fact that if a child's parents smoke the child is more likely to take up smoking as they see it as the "norm".
Gay children are the product of heterosexual parents.

How come they don't grow up aping the sexual orientation of their parent/role models?

Is it perhaps that sexual orientation is genetically preordained, like height, eye-colour, or level of stupidness?

People are born gay.

Just as some are born thick.

Since we can't decide on our height, or hair colour, the sexual orientation a person's born with, is the 'norm'.

Whatever that might be.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 18:52   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Gay children are the product of heterosexual parents.

How come they don't grow up aping the sexual orientation of their parent/role models?

Is it perhaps that sexual orientation is genetically preordained, like height, eye-colour, or level of stupidness?

People are born gay.

Just as some are born thick.

Since we can't decide on our height, or hair colour, the sexual orientation a person's born with, is the 'norm'.

Whatever that might be.
Great answer Rindi
Old 28-10-2011, 18:54   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That is barmy steve, people don't choose to be gay, its not a lifestyle choice, that is how they are born, end of story
Maybe in most cases, but when I was a kid I lived up the top of Fielding Lane and on a farm near us lived a farmer, his wife and thier two sons. One son was your typical strapping farm lad, the other, younger son was as gay as a lord. My mum was friends with the farmers wife and she told her that when the second son was born she really wanted a girl and for the first few years of his life he was basically brought up as a girl even to the point of wearing dresses and playing with girls toys. Could be just a coincidence but I'm not so sure.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 18:54   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove wonders what Accywebbers think on the issue of gay couples addopting...Although they would be just as competent as heterosexual couples, is it right to have a child brought up by a gay couple?
Mavis Davis wonders why some people don't do a simple search, using the handy forum search facility, so we don't replicate subjects that have been discussed in depth already.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ion-28044.html

Old 28-10-2011, 18:56   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Maybe in most cases, but when I was a kid I lived up the top of Fielding Lane and on a farm near us lived a farmer, his wife and thier two sons. One son was your typical strapping farm lad, the other, younger son was as gay as a lord. My mum was friends with the farmers wife and she told her that when the second son was born she really wanted a girl and for the first few years of his life he was basically brought up as a girl even to the point of wearing dresses and playing with girls toys. Could be just a coincidence but I'm not so sure.
See.

Genetics.

Some are born dimmer than others.

Old 28-10-2011, 18:56   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If the lad was gay he was born gay steve, no two ways about it
Old 28-10-2011, 19:04   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I take it you haven't ever travelled much further than Fielding Lane?

There are plenty of tattooed, knuckle scraping, rugby playing, gay men, who wouldn't know a scatter cushion if you hit him on the head with it.

Just as there are many totally straight, weak little men, who love nothing better than shopping with their wives for just the right shade of lilac potpourri.

Old 28-10-2011, 19:06   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
What was your mother hoping for?

Disappointment can be such a terrible burden.

Old 28-10-2011, 19:07   #25
Full Member+

I'm not so sure, I think any behaviour can be influenced.
Old 28-10-2011, 19:10   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
What was your mother hoping for?

Disappointment can be such a terrible burden.

Not sure, but I played with Action Men!
Old 28-10-2011, 19:11   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
...the toys, that is!!
Old 28-10-2011, 19:13   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Dolls.

That's nice.

I believe some boys like playing with them, and it should be encouraged.

It will help your femininity to flourish.

Old 28-10-2011, 19:16   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'm not so sure, I think any behaviour can be influenced.
Really?

So when exactly did you make the conscious decision as to what sex you were going to be attracted to?

Old 28-10-2011, 19:17   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Dolls.

That's nice.

I believe some boys like playing with them, and it should be encouraged.

It will help your femininity to flourish.
Yeah, but mine had guns and an armoured car.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..