Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 14:22   #16
Resting in peace

Re: Am I losing my religion?

There making them that small now Ian, I'm sure Brian will find somewhere on his anatomy to hide a few of these
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2007, 18:17   #17
Yank in King Art's Court!

Geez, I wasn't thinking of this becoming some type of "Midnight Express" caper! Shouldn't be much fuss about bringing a few items over. I can understand the nix on fruits, vegetables, and "pointed sticks!" Maybe I'd even hold off smuggling a baby corn snake in my jockeys for Chav.

I guess whatever I can somewhat legally (wink wink nudge nudge) get away with I'm game for. Heck, what's the worst that could happen . . . getting to spend sometime in one of your luxury jails with lots of visits from me Accyweb mates?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 00:31   #18
Resting in peace

Getting back on thread Cyfr, the best piece of advice ever given to myself, when first embarking on the rocky road of 'business' was, "the most essential tool that must be carried at all times is a jar of Vasilene".
Old 12-01-2007, 00:39   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Getting back on thread Cyfr, the best piece of advice ever given to myself, when first embarking on the rocky road of 'business' was, "the most essential tool that must be carried at all times is a jar of Vasilene".
Was your career as a gigolo very successful?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 00:41   #20
God Member

Quote:
.. can't help it..I've got to ask.. what "business" were you involved in Ianto ?..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 00:54   #21
Resting in peace

Do you know i'll never b*****y learn..
Old 12-01-2007, 00:58   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do you know i'll never b*****y learn..

You learnt always to have Vaseline when on a job, so that's all that matters.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:01   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You learnt always to have Vaseline when on a job, so that's all that matters.
Ianto.W is probably an electrician , the vasaline helps them pulling cable
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:16   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Ianto.W is probably an electrician , the vasaline helps them pulling cable
Your not far wrong steeljack, I once as a young man, just qualified was asked to install some machinery, this task completed was asked to stay on an help run it, as work was slow at the time I did. I finished up owning it and the factory, as well as running an electrical contracting business, which to this day is still run by one of my sons along with other interests to many to mention on here. but at the end of the day, it was still only a job. Sorry for thread wandering but I realy do feel for Cyfr's sanity not just his religion, he's far to nice a guy.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:29   #25

Times Community Newspapers - Corn to Whiskey

Okay, back to the original thread . . . wait a minute . . . what the heck was the original thread? Well anywho:

Okay, hope this article comes up for ya. Who wants cousin LYY to bring some real moonshine over to the April Meet? I've never tried it but just saw this article in the local paper. Boy, I could do some real hard time for smuggling this stuff in eh? How exciting! Actually, I wonder if that would be illegal to do?

Brian

Old 12-01-2007, 08:29   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Times Community Newspapers - Corn to Whiskey

Okay, back to the original thread . . . wait a minute . . . what the heck was the original thread? Well anywho:

Okay, hope this article comes up for ya. Who wants cousin LYY to bring some real moonshine over to the April Meet? I've never tried it but just saw this article in the local paper. Boy, I could do some real hard time for smuggling this stuff in eh? How exciting! Actually, I wonder if that would be illegal to do?

Brian

Will you be really coming over for the April meet?

Cool.

Will you be without internet access, and be unable to play the quizes?

Even cooler.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:45   #27
Resting in peace

Where do you these avitars from garinda? are they from your 'miss' spent youth sorry about the thread wander Cyfr.
Old 12-01-2007, 17:55   #28

Quote:
Will you be really coming over for the April meet?

Cool.

Will you be without internet access, and be unable to play the quizes?

Even cooler.
First brother Rindy didn't I ask you ever so kindly on one of these threads to please reconsider that horrifying avatar? As previously stated somewhere: From what I've heard about Little House on the Prairie, Miss Nellie Olsen, daughter of a beast of a mother and whose dad was the owner of the store, was such an annoying brat. Heck, could you at least put a mustache on her?

As for the April meet, I do hope to get over (a friend of mine who flies to London each month for a week has some frequent flyer miles to give me). The strong pound is nice for you guys but is a killer for me. As far as bringing Moonshine over, I imagine at 100 proof, it'd be fairly difficult to get it through with my carry on eh?

Finally, Rindy, anytime you'd want me to drop out of the quizzes let me know. Doing the Accyweb along with Global is kinda hard on me anyhow. Then when once again complained about possible inappropriate behavior, it'd be easy to dash it all anyhow. There's some quite insecure whiners playing the trivia and it gets abit burdensome.

That's why Annello (Annie), whose got her father's (my) stubborness, won't play any more. So I guess the whiners win eh?

Babbling Brian

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 12-01-2007 at 17:57. Reason: Just because folks, just because!
Old 12-01-2007, 18:00   #29
Give, give, give member

It'll be great to meet you, as I was unwell when Mez organised the meet LYY mini-meet last summer.

Will be sending a list of grits and vittles.

Old 12-01-2007, 18:51   #30

Quote:
It'll be great to meet you, as I was unwell when Mez organised the meet LYY mini-meet last summer.

Will be sending a list of grits and vittles.
Yes that's all well and good Rindy but what about Nellie Olsen, do you have no compassion for my torment?

I had only been on Accyweb a couple of weeks before that meet. It was understandable the lack of interest in the "American Cousin Coming Home." Of course meeting Mick, Mez, Harwood Red, as well as almost meeting Cherokee, was probably what kept me involved with Accyweb!

So, should they be given a grand Award or Tarred and Feathered??

Brian

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..