Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2006, 10:52   #16
white rabbits

Re: Any Help at Asda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
It's worst when the scouts do it as a fund raiser. They don't ask they just pack and put things in all wrong with heavy stuff on top of squishy stuff. I'd rather pay them not to pack!
iceland is the worst for that... i know they are trying to be hepful but i always end up repacking outside...
Old 19-05-2006, 11:50   #17
God Member

ASDA = All Shopping Damaged Always.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 17:51   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Any Help at Asda?

I wouldn’t trust the packers as from what I have seen they haven’t a clue how to pack a bag. The nice soft squishy stuff goes in first and then the tins and hard things on top. Then to add insult to injury some dork tries to squeeze in a loaf of bread when it is obvious to a blind man that there isn’t room. So no thanks I’ll do my own packing.

The other nonsensical thing that happens, as it happened today, is that I bought a hermetically sealed packet of dry cured bacon and the checkout lady placed it in a small plastic bag. Why? It’s not as if the bacon would leak anywhere. Then to my amazement the loose cooked meats from the delicatessen counter were just scanned and passed over.

One of these days when the checkout girl says, “See you later” as I leave I am going to turn around and ask, “Where and when shall we meet?”

However at the fag counter I always get asked if I want a bag. One day I replied, “No thanks I divorced one.” The gasps from other customers (women) in the queue behind me almost chilled my spine and the looks I got as I walked away smiling to myself would have killed.

Nice acronym SPUGGIE J.

Last edited by jambutty; 20-05-2006 at 09:59.
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 18:37   #19
God Member

thats true that jambutty, they love their bags.
It is annoying that they ask, but then, my nan can hardly pick it up off the shelf, so even one item with those stupid stuck together un openable plastic bags can be a nightmare, also I had to go shopping after my double hernia op, and I had to lean on the trolley all the way round, I was gratefull for the help when I got it, unfortunately for me living in a glorified village, we don't really have bag packing, although we do have a large collection of bags.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 23:25   #20
Junior Member+

i get askd all the time, and as im usually on my own i say yes, now a 100 squid shop is a ball ache n e ways, but when the chckout dudes put 3 small items in 1 bag leaven three quarters of the bag empty that is just takn the p**s!!
dean2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 07:43   #21
Senior Member+

Its part of ASDA's cashiers 10 point checkout to ask if they need any help with their packing.

ex-asda cashier ....
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 14:09   #22
Senior Member+

i've wanted to many times

just say yes please when i'm buying my pack of ******s or a cd or even a a gazillion things

then watch them struggle
Old 22-05-2006, 15:33   #23

I asked for help packing once when I had a trolley full of shopping, but I then had to wait 15 minutes for the cashier to find an available member of staff !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Isn't it nice when going through the checkouts at Asda in Accy to be asked on every occasion: "Would you like help with your packing?"

The trouble is that those same words are uttered EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE ITEM!

I can only assume that the staff have been instructed to say this to each customer with the threat of dismissal should they fail to comply.

Has anyone yet said "yes please" despite having just a few items? I think I will try this myself next time
joanne72_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 04:20   #24
Senior Member+

what?!

the cashiers dont do it themselves?!

i was gonna go to a granny at the cashier adn buy loads of heavy stuff and just stand by and watch her struggle!
Old 23-05-2006, 12:54   #25
white rabbits

What Happened To Those Brown Paper Bags They Used To Give You At Safeways,, I Liked Them..
Old 23-05-2006, 20:20   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
What Happened To Those Brown Paper Bags They Used To Give You At Safeways,, I Liked Them..
Proberley to expensive to give away. Cheap long life plassy bags seem to be their fav option now.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..