Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 13:53   #46
Full Member+

Re: April Jones

My mind also goes back to the Bristol student ( shamefully I forgot her name ) CCTV shown her buying a pizza, her keys and mobile phone where in her flat. The landlord was arrested , named and photo shown in the press, he was in custody for a day or two before being released. The landord went through hell and back when first released as the public had decided he was guilty. It was a short while before the girls neighbour was arrested and charged of her murder.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2012, 16:58   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
My mind also goes back to the Bristol student ( shamefully I forgot her name ) CCTV shown her buying a pizza, her keys and mobile phone where in her flat. The landlord was arrested , named and photo shown in the press, he was in custody for a day or two before being released. The landord went through hell and back when first released as the public had decided he was guilty. It was a short while before the girls neighbour was arrested and charged of her murder.
Well, good for your mind, you have recall, I am awaiting results one way or the other just as I did then, put something useful forward or get off the case and leave the Police to do their job.
If he IS absolutely innocent he will be released, if there is enough to convict he will be put before 12 of his peers and they will decide, on his guilt or innocence. My conscience does not need to be pricked by you.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:15   #48
Senior Member+

Mark Bridger at the museum...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mark Bridger.jpg (35.2 KB, 16 views)
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 19:29   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Am I alone thinking the police have arrested this man too quickly ? I am the first to admit I am a doubting Thomas , but I really do feel uncomfortable at the speed this man has been arrested. One or two things puzzle me. IF this man really did take April ( and I am not saying he didn't ) would he take her in front of other children ? surely living in a village everybody knows everybody, the other children said April got in a grey van . Yet police took a blue range rover from his garage.Things just don't add up to me,however I do trust forensics and hope they have done their job right. One day I think Crimewatch will reveal how this crime was solved, I look forward to it, meanwhile , this man has to go to court and the jury do their job. Maybe we will learn more then.Meanwhile I hope April is found .
As I mentioed above, the heat had two choices: arrest him, or let him walk. There was one hour left of the time they were allowed to hold him without formal charges being laid. As in my country, the police in the land of Uk can't just hold someone indefinitely without laying a specific charge.

Think of the outcry if they had have let him go
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 20:58   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, good for your mind, you have recall, I am awaiting results one way or the other just as I did then, put something useful forward or get off the case and leave the Police to do their job.
If he IS absolutely innocent he will be released, if there is enough to convict he will be put before 12 of his peers and they will decide, on his guilt or innocence. My conscience does not need to be pricked by you.
What the hell was the point in that post???
Old 17-10-2012, 14:29   #51

Has there been any further progress on this apart from the guy being charged? There doesn't seem to be much on the news of late.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 10:42   #52
Full Member+

Forensics still working on it.Mark Bridger due to go on trial in Jan 2013.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..