Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19   #46
God Member

Re: Are there too many taxi's in accrington?

I think you will find the school runs are for kids with special needs who quite often attend schools out of town. Taxi firms put a tender in for the contract.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I think you will find the school runs are for kids with special needs who quite often attend schools out of town. Taxi firms put a tender in for the contract.
That is quite understandable, but it was not the impression I got from the driver. Has anyone seen these taxis pull up at the local schools in the morning or at 4PM? If so, how many?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:37   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
That is quite understandable, but it was not the impression I got from the driver. Has anyone seen these taxis pull up at the local schools in the morning or at 4PM? If so, how many?
no i avoid those areas like the plauge at those times, but i do see quite a few bringing home special needs kids in our area.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I have seen the odd one when picking the grandchildren up but think it is just parents collecting their own children.
Old 04-09-2009, 15:57   #50
Resting in Peace

When I want a taxi I need a firm I can rely on, its no good charging half price if they don't turn up because they are to busy, I have and always will use Hyndburn Cars, they have never let me down and I've been using them since I gave over driving 14 years ago
Old 04-09-2009, 16:12   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Sometimes find that its getting to convenint to get a cab instead of a short walk to the bus stop .
i agree.. from clayton to steiner street max's charge £2.50 get the bus and its £1.90.. with the unreliabilty of (unaptly named SPOT ON) buses you may as well pay the extra 60pence
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 17:46   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Bushmills is on sale/special at my new Sikh owned liquer store $17.99 per liter
Ah .... good price .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:49   #53
Senior Member+

Taxi Licensing is corrupt and the taxi wars are political. I could spend hours discussing the corruption.

Whens the next AccyWeb meet? Perhaps we could invite Clr Britcliffe? The Council employ people to monitor this site btw.

Last edited by g jones; 04-09-2009 at 20:53.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:07   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Taxi Licensing is corrupt and the taxi wars are political. I could spend hours discussing the corruption.

Whens the next AccyWeb meet? Perhaps we could invite Clr Britcliffe? The Council employ people to monitor this site btw.
Bloody Hell! For once I find myself agreeing with the esteemed councillor. He can no doubt list his reasons and most of them will tie in with mine. The important thing is that that no one should have resource to use these things while there is alternative public transport available.
Old 04-09-2009, 21:15   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:

Shocker !
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:21   #56

Quote:

Am i hearing this right do you mean The council employ people to monitor this Accy web site.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:29   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Am i hearing this right do you mean The council employ people to monitor this Accy web site.
pmsl....the council don't need to "employ" people to monitor this site or any local web site..Tory grasses do it for free
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:33   #58
God Member

It's also called buying votes
Old 04-09-2009, 21:36   #59
God Member

how can there ever be to many taxi's..at least it keeps em off the streets
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 21:39   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
pmsl....the council don't need to "employ" people to monitor this site or any local web site..Tory grasses do it for free
Obviously not, or they wouldnt need to employ someone.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..