Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2005, 23:13   #1
God Member

Question Are we safe?

Mi thinks we could have more goenads running around spouting crap as GW (Great Wazzock) Bush has 1/2 a mind (small that it is) to use force if the mad Mullahs in Iran don' stop nuclear experiments. This is for power they say not bombs they say though everyone else disagree's reult being a bit of brinkmanship. Will TB follow like a lap dog or will he show a spine and stay out of it? Proberly not.

More Middle East tension will mean higher petrol deisel gas leccy prices possibly more bombings and enough tension to make a steel cable manufacturer envious. Do we realy need all this aggro day in day out? Certain parties I know insist that the Islamic expansion is no different from what old world churches got upto around the world. Thing is it is to close for comfort but in this day and age it aint acceptable but it still goes on (all religions are at it). Maybe it is time to be certain that politics and religion dont mix we get nowt but grief from it, yet those in power dont seem to care. Its reached the stage of one upmanship which last century lead to 2 wars and as usual we've learnt nowt. What will we tell our kids when it all this warm brown smelly stuff hits the fan?

Personally it will be our polititions aint got the balls for it and have so many laws that interfere with what needs to be done. Ihope it sorts itself out before my daughter has any real understanding as I am frightened for the future that awaits her.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2005, 23:41   #2
God Member

Re: Are we safe?

Cheer up... It's not the end of the world....................It just seems like it
Old 13-08-2005, 23:55   #3
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Cheer up... It's not the end of the world....................It just seems like it
I agree with him.....................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2005, 00:29   #4
Member.

I don’t think things have really changed for a thousand years or more in terms of Islamic Expansion. What they are attempting to do is only the same has what we as Christians have done throughout the Third and the New World and we have nothing to be proud about in that respect. Particularly in the Catholic Church, I think History shows that we killed, or debased more of those that didn’t agree with our beliefs, since the Romans, looking back to the crusades of the 10th & 11th Centuries what’s happening today is most likely less violent than in that time, the fight is the same Christianity attempting to keep check on a competing religion.

Bush is a very dangerous man, I am more that happy to agree with you in that respect, I would hope that Blaire is beginning to listen to the British people and will consider the consequences of threatening another Islamic country because they want what we have and are prepared to make a stand against Bush.

Personally I’m scared stiff of what might happen if the Islamic nations ever learnt to work together, We have to remember that Briton trained most of these countries armed forces and most their freedom fighters for that matter.

Iran whether we like it or not is a sovereign country and they are entitled to develop whatever they want, just the same has we are, it would be far safer to ensure what they are doing is safe and secure, rather than threatening to spread Nuclear contaminates across a continent. I think quite a few people will agree with you that the world we bring our children into is an unsure one, but I don’t think it’s any more unsure that the one our grandparents lived in. In fact we have it a lot better than they ever could.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-08-2005, 01:04   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what you are saying is correct but to be honest i,m past caring, these cretins of all denominations will carry on regardless, wether we worry or not, just enjoy life and que sera.
Old 14-08-2005, 01:14   #6
Member.

I agree with him an all.....................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..