Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2009, 23:31   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Asdas Roof Collapses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
can't argue wi that.
but what i do argue about is one who says in one post he has a wife n child, then prints what he did in a later post (since removed) that was a fine example to kids,so i fer one will not miss him on the way out.
Old 28-06-2009, 01:18   #47
God Member

Now everyone knows I wouldn't agree with Flashy, but it really just isn't funny.

I could understand if it really was funny, but it just isn't funny if someone could have got hurt.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 05:40   #48
God Member

At least it is only one section at the moment. Thing is though they will need the experts in to assess whether the whole roof and building can be deemed fit for purpose. Asda wont be able to just patch it up as it is used by the public. The good thing is that no one was hurt and that no one was hurt in what must have been chaos in the evacuation and the carpark.

I remember when they started to build it and the steel skeleton was erected. Me and a mate climbed up it and the whole thing did a Millenium Bridge impression.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 07:02   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
At least it is only one section at the moment. Thing is though they will need the experts in to assess whether the whole roof and building can be deemed fit for purpose. Asda wont be able to just patch it up as it is used by the public. The good thing is that no one was hurt and that no one was hurt in what must have been chaos in the evacuation and the carpark.

I remember when they started to build it and the steel skeleton was erected. Me and a mate climbed up it and the whole thing did a Millenium Bridge impression.
this is dodgy asda they have special dispensation planning and all that wonder if its a fault in all the asda buildings.tesco and co will be rubbing their hands wi glee.as i said for it to do that there must be some kind of design faultor cheap as chips
Old 28-06-2009, 07:59   #50
Resting in Peace

Classic case of the roof going through the prices

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 08:50   #51
God Member

Well I dont think its funny! Havnt done my bloody shopping yet! Is it open today? or am I going to have to venture to Blackburn? That was funny though Benipete lol
Old 28-06-2009, 09:21   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Classic case of the roof going through the prices
Your a bloody star Beni have some karma mate, making john laugh first thing Sunday morningish is tops mate
Old 28-06-2009, 14:26   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Well I dont think its funny! Havnt done my bloody shopping yet! Is it open today? or am I going to have to venture to Blackburn? That was funny though Benipete lol
It is open yes, well only till 4pm as its Sunday.
Old 28-06-2009, 14:29   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is open yes, well only till 4pm as its Sunday.
no chance for derek then... will be shut before he's managed to get all the kids in the car

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 15:58   #55
God Member

It can all collapse for me (obviously when its shut) i prefer Tesco anyday.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 16:23   #56
God Member

I think it was probably the ceiling that collapsed rather than the roof, emmamum you are still cheeky, you arnt improving with age :, and I dont do shopping, was talking about her indoors going for it, wont do tesco because it is more expensive, by a mile!
Old 28-06-2009, 17:10   #57
Lyn

whatever it was, there was one heck of a lot of water suddenly pouring down over the cooked chickens and specially made pizza counter - i was stood in front of it when it came down. least no-one was hurt and the staff cleared the area nice and quick - bet they needed a few mops to clean up though - i hear they had staff in til late last night clearing it up
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..