Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2006, 07:49   #46
God Member

Re: Asian Call Centres

What phone is it for a start.

Your phone should present itself as a modem to your PC. Try looking in phones and modems in control panel. YOu shouldn't need to do too much, Nokias PC suite has a connect to internet button but all you have to do is set up a dial up networking connection. for teh number to dial its normally *99#

As for username etc, your phone should already have them itself. when your PC asks it to connect its just like it connecting to WAP or any other Internet based service i.e. it will dial out and make teh connection and then just route any requsts from the PC out to the net and back again.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2006, 08:30   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Hey noticed the new churchill advert is advertising the fact they don't outsource their call centres!!! The worm is turning
No they don't say that. Listen to the advert next time.
They say they have a UK based call centre. They don't say they don't have any over seas call centres as well.

Is it just a carefull play on words?
Old 27-07-2006, 13:21   #48
God Member

thats another problem I've got a nokia 7250i but can I find out which lead I need they sold me one in the orange shop but im scared to open it cos I know it's the wrong one.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 13:25   #49
God Member

I've been told that it's possible to connect a pc to oranges pound a day on payg but as I still can't get my head round it I dunno if that would work. surely that would only be wap, it would be a different connection to get internet?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 15:22   #50
God Member

right, you've bugged me enough again about this. Will you PLEASE STOP double posting within minutes of each other. You do it all teh time. What is it? just to get your post count up?????? You are showing over 2K posts when in reality it should be half that!

As for you questions, the cable is a DKU-5 it should connect to your phone at one end and be usb at the other. It will cost a lot more than a pound a day for a connection. As for wap/internet, depending on if the telcoms co put restrictions on the connection it is technically no different to retrieve a wap page from a 'standard' internet page.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..