Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2006, 23:20   #16

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Asian Call Centres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Would you prefer it to be a complete state monopoly where you have no choice but to be with that one company? =
Yeah actually I would! Then we could argue for a shop in every town where I could pay my bill and dispute any problems, instead of being ripped off by high charge phone numbers which make you wait for 20 minutes to complain.....
Old 21-07-2006, 23:48   #17
God Member

but you can just change company and take advantage of competition...
Old 21-07-2006, 23:50   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
but you can just change company and take advantage of competition...

...until all the competition has been eaten up and, there are just one or two vast global conglomerates left.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 00:16   #19
God Member

OMG know what you mean , my example and it really really narks me was yesterday.. i have just had the internet installed fer my brother he has never used it before but i got a package from toucan and had to call for help with the installation as i were having problems. Now (a). firstly i had to call an 0901 number which costs a bloody fortune anyway and (b) i was put through to a very poor english speaking asian girl called ALISON i couldnt tell what she were saying to me or vise versa. got very annoyed and hung up will be making formal complaint to toucan. but please why are these companies getting away with this ?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 00:25   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
...until all the competition has been eaten up and, there are just one or two vast global conglomerates left.
Yeah.. pure capitalism sucks
Old 22-07-2006, 00:45   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yeah.. pure capitalism sucks
Gasp.

Don't make me confiscate your blue rosette!

Old 22-07-2006, 04:53   #22
Senior Member+

they are bloody awful!! cant get one thing right

i was tryna get sommet sorted and i got connected to india and i just thought straight off - oh god this is gonna take another 2-3 fone calls to get right

and it did - and it was a uk call centre that got it right

i can understand for basic stuff - such as signin up a sim card or registering ur microwave - fair enough

but stuff like banking and financial things shud deffo b in uk
Old 22-07-2006, 09:25   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Sorry but my complaint is doctors who cant speak fluent english.. if they cant speak it and cant understand me then how are they best going to help me.. I should have at least the ability to converse with the person about to save my life.. far more important than saving my computer....

Yes I know... a doctor who cant speak english is better than no doctor when ya need one ...

Any doctors reading.... only joshing guys... please dont hold a grudge
that doctor at accy vic has been there for years and still the nurse has to repeat everything he says to the patient lol

i once called a doctor out late at night and after a few prods in my abdomen and quite a lot of words were spoken all the only 2 words in the conversation i understood were appendix & out , i went to hospital thinking my appendix was going to be removed but it turned out it was just a kidney infection

call ceneters are a pain but i find if you ring up during UK work times like between 9 - 5 you can get somone english , other than that i just hang up if i cant tell what they are saying
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 09:51   #24
Senior Member+

I phoned virgin trains 1 saturday to book train tickets to glasgow ( the journey normally only takes 2hours 45 mins but they were doing some line work somewhere ) so I get through to the person at virgin after hearing a transfer happening they said their name was annabel and I go through the travel requirements...
me..' I want to go to glasgow from preston '
annabel...' ok, where is preston ..in the uk ?? as I cannot find it on my list countries..?'
me...'yes its in the uk and not a country ????'
annabel...' and which country is glasgow in ?'
me..'what ??'
annabel..' is glasgow in the uk or overseas '
me..'scotland'
annabel...'is that scotland in the uk or somewhere else..??'
me..'is there another scotland somewhere else in the world that you can get a direct train to ?
annabel...' no, so thats scotland uk.'
me..'yes, how long will the journey take due to the rail works..?'
annabel..' 5 hours 35 minutes'
me...' why so long ?'
annabel..' because thats how long the journey takes, the work is finished and the new train takes longer becuase its bigger and slower..'
me..' (now getting slightley annoyed) why does the new train take longer ?'
annabel..' because they put in new stops going to glasgowland..sorry scotland'
me..' thats nonsense, its not carrying cars or livestock..its an express train carrying people..have you ever been on that train journey ??'
annabel ..' yes, I have been to (long pause...) errr..your destination lots of times...(blatant lie) would you like to book the tickets ?'
me..'not really becuase you cannot help me in anyway shape or form..and you clearly do not know what your talking about...!
annabel...' would you like your tickets posted to you...?'
me..' I dont want them..'
annabel..'would you like to pick them up at the station ?'
me...I dont want them..
annabel...'why not..'
me..'because you havent exactley been helpful to me..
annabel...'glad to have been of assistance..

click..I put the phone down !...totally shocking stuff...I havent phoned virgin trains on a weekend since !..midweek only ..uk staff...and I am not a racists in anyway but I hate dealing with overseas call centres...I will never forget that phone call though...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 10:03   #25
Give, give, give member

That sadly, was hilarious.

Although not funny for you, thanks for making me laugh out loud, and thanking my lucky stars my twenty years of travelling up and down the west coast line are now over.

Old 22-07-2006, 11:39   #26
Senior Member+

I dont mind the train to be honest as its £30 return first class and very comfy..and you get free grub and free drink !
I got the late train up 1 night as I was going to slovakia to watch a footy match, and I was slightly drunk to say the least by the time I hit glasgow as I was the only person in the carriage going up and the girl just left the drinks trolley by my table and told me to help myself...to save her walking down every 20 mins to serve just me !..so I did...had the lot..cider, beer, spirits..even the nibble were gone..my mates couldnt figure out how I got in such a mess from a train journey...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 11:49   #27
I am Banned

I quite like travelling by train i dont get motion sick on them things either hehehe funny be going on one this week to visit my friend o'er white rose county, travelled most parts of England on trains
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 11:52   #28
I am Banned

United Utilities used to out-source their call centres to India - blaming nightmare to understand them or they understand me altho recently i have spoken to English people so maybe they must of had loads of complaints & mishaps therefore directed to their internal organisation again.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 12:07   #29
God Member

A Scottish guy rung from my mobile provider, 3, a while back, offering me an upgrade. I told him I wanted to change my tariff to, he agreed at the time that I could and said my tariff change would come into effect from the 12th of July ..... it didn't, but I'll be damned if I'm ringing India again to end up feeling murderous all day! They are effing useless!!

Is it true these people over there actually need to have a degree to do this job?
Old 23-07-2006, 23:22   #30

Personally I also try to avoid using companies who outsourse their call centres. I had some real problems when I was with AOL speaking to India, when my problem wasn't on the list of answers they had. I also find foreign call centre operatives very condesending.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..