Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 11:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: bailiffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl hurles
sorry i cant spell all that good
I have a spell checker on my google search bar, it's excellent for checking your post, and correcting your mistakes.
Old 12-08-2005, 20:02   #32
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl hurles
what if thay said thayed sent letters and i only received the one what are my rights there cuz i contacted them strait away and thay just said you should of contacted us on the first letter but i diddnt receive any other letters and thay wouldnt come to an agremant so what are my rights there

The trouble is, Carl, I can't answer for the way a Council works. In my case, if we didn't get a reply to letters we would have telephoned, distraint is a last resort, but I can only speak for my particular Government department

It sounds like your Council was using a firm of private bailiffs. As far as I know, once they have passed the debt on to that kind of firm they can't stop the visit and it sounds as though they are quite inflexible in any case. As I said, I don't know how they work or what their legal obligations are.
Old 13-08-2005, 07:22   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
I have a spell checker on my google search bar, it's excellent for checking your post, and correcting your mistakes.
Having to go to your house and put every message through your spell checker isn't a viable answer is it?

Spell checkers don't help real people who can't spell.. like me.. as its the different use of simmilar sounding words that cause us problems. as well as is it i before e or ? and where to put commas and full stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Maybe you could also afford a keyboard with punctuation characters? Geesh, that first post is really hard to read.
only anal people care about your spelling on an internet messageabord... just ignore the "i am better than you" brigade mate and remeber,, its content not presentation that counts

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..