Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 09:27   #1

bailiffs

what do we all think of the bailiffs i think thay are w*****s
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2005, 09:48   #2
God Member

Re: bailiffs

Naughty, naughty....not been paying your bills, eh?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:17   #3
God Member

They are there to do a job. If you were the person owed then you will think of them as a god send. As per usual though, there are some that take things too far and have a power kick.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:19   #4
Junior Member+

Bailifs w*****s? do you meen workers or something else?????
sean777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:31   #5
Give, give, give member

I have no great thoughts one way or the other on baliffs, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't like to meet one on my doorstep.

Someone has to do the job though, as long as they act within the law, I don't see the problem with them.

My best friend Milly in Milan has a Mother who is one, and she earns tons of money.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52   #6

Many, many years ago, I used to work for a company which had cashflow problems and the bailifs were regular visitors for a few months. Actually, I found them to be very reasonable and they were both very nice guys. I suppose there are some bad ones out there though, like everything else eh?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:44   #7
I am Banned

i think bailifs are justified in what they do expept when HBC sends bailifs to peoples houses because they cant afford the extortionate counclil tax that HBC charge and dare to buy their family food rather than pay the council tax bill

yes i know they have ths so called council tax benefit and yes if you are on income support you qualify for a massive reduction but there are many people out there who are on incapacity benefit genuinly and because they get slightly more than people on income support they are classed as considerably richer and have to pay full council tax

never mind that when on incapacity benefit you still have to pay for prescriptions , dental treatment and other things you dont get like you do on income support which eats up the little extra you get

i know 1 person who is on incapacity benefit and they have to pay full council tax and pay the mortgage out of his benefit but if he was on icome support he would get his mortgage paid or at least the interest and have a verry small counciltax bill yet HBC say he is well off and if he dosnt pay all his council tax bill it will be sent to the bailifs

so in answer to your question no i dont think bailifs are w**nkers but i do think HBC are a bunch of w**kers for sending bailifs after those who cant afford to pay their council tax and would love to be in a finantial position where they could instead of scraping and choosing between a roof over their head or the bailifs and possible imprisonment

i agree that people who sighn contracts like hire purchase should be passed on to bailifs but councils should not be allowed to use bailifs to take the poor peoples possestions because they cant afford to pay a TAX that is only as high as it is because of counilors incompitance

Last edited by chav1; 09-08-2005 at 11:48.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:23   #8
God Member

I agree with entwisi, there's good and bad but ultimately there's a job there to be done. Chav most people on Incap benefit, especially long term would be entitled to DLA which is not means tested and may give some entitlement to extra HB. If anyone has been turned down for DLA please appeal as it is common for first claim to be refused!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 15:15   #9
Give, give, give member

Chav, the benefits system is a nightmare.

What they give you with one hand they take away with the other.

I found the independently run Welfare Rights office in Accrington a God send. One lady called Liz, even gave up her lunchtime, to fill in a forty page form that I couldn't physically fill in. All the benefits people are entitled to, they can explain. You have to make an appointment, but their telephone numer is in the phone book on the Lancashire County Council page.

Even better if things can be sorted before the bailiffs come a knockin'.

Old 09-08-2005, 15:28   #10
mez
God Member

welfare rights telephone number is; accrington, 301141....... hope this helps, i agree with rindy , they are a superb organization, they have helped me loads of times.
Old 09-08-2005, 15:36   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez
welfare rights telephone number is; accrington, 301141....... hope this helps, i agree with rindy , they are a superb organization, they have helped me loads of times.
Thanks Mez, I did look up the number but wasn't sure if I could post it.

The Citizens Advice are also brilliant for anyone in financial difficulties, and needing information about how they can help themselves to get out of it.

Old 09-08-2005, 16:03   #12
I am Banned

what i posted was only an example of 1 out of probably many that get bailifs set upon them by the council when people in these situations barely have any possesions as it is and verry little money to pay the bailifs

there are a few organistaions that advise people but they cant see everyone who needs help and to be quite honest when it comes to the stage you are living just to pay council tax then somthing is seriously wrong with the way councils work

this is i guess one reason amongst many why people get so annoyed at waste of the money paid to council because they are so carefree with what it is spent on yet dont think twice about sending bailifs to single mothers trying to get by , people with disablities and the poor in general just so tehy can squeeze more money to spend on some half baked idea or scheme
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 16:11   #13
God Member

I'm happy to help if anyone has any benefits queries as that is part of my daytime job. Especially disability benefits and Housing Benefit but do have knowledge of others. Anyone is free to PM me

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 16:28   #14
Give, give, give member

Slightly off thread I know sorry, but re: disability allowance, it's done on a sliding scale. I had to go and retake my driving test [3 hours much harder than the original one,] and am now classed as a disabled driver. Sadly though I'm not entitled to a disabled parking badge until I reach the next level of disability, by which time I'll probably be unfit to drive anyway.

As Chav originally said the benefits system is fraught with discrepencies, and I do have sympathy for people that are trying to manage, and to fend of the bailiffs through no choice of their own.

Like others have posted, people that have maxed their credit cards are a different matter.

Old 09-08-2005, 17:03   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have a great deal of sympathy for people who are genuinly struggling to make ends meet,as i know a couple of them myself,but at the end of the day baliffs are there to do a thankless task,sure theres bad uns but thats the same in any enviroment,theres also decent ones but nobody on the recieving end thinks so. i have worked with quite a few w****rs in my life,in many industries.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..