Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2006, 07:55   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Bedside Table

The usual stuff - reading glasses, watch, keys, a book (a western by Louis L'Amour), personal CD player, CDs...but also present are the same two Accrington Corporation buses that Doug has!

You can take the boy out of Accy etc etc...
Old 26-07-2006, 08:38   #17
mez
God Member

well mines got , table lamp, book, antihistamine tablets c/d /clock/radio...o & my cup which i havn't brought down to wash yet .
Old 26-07-2006, 12:29   #18
Senior Member+

Mines got a copy of Katie Price's book Jordon, a glitter lamp a nintendo DS Lite, a pen a mobile phone charger a crystal angel a picture of my daughter and one of those horrible tick toc clocks that you wind up but its not wound.

All bog standard i think.
Old 26-07-2006, 13:54   #19
Junior Member+

bedside table

i always remember an old boyfriends mum tellin me that as she got older the size of her bedside table got bigger! i thought her head had gone but no.... she spoke the truth!
heres mine.... cup of tea, glass of water, tablets for (in alphabetical order) underactive thyroid, high cholesterol, prozac, headache. night face cream, anti aging cream, moisturiser for body, ashtray, baccy tin n lighter, current book ....
Old 26-07-2006, 14:03   #20
Beacon of light

Cd player....a pile of assorted Cd's....but the top one at the moment is 'Under an Iron sea'.......lip salve (got to keep the lips kissable...even though I'm having no offers lately).......pair of heavy duty nail clippers for the hooves......some Aqueous cream......a pen and a pad of sticky notes.
No alarm clock, I have a very effective alarm clock and he is called Monty...wakes me up at 5am in summer.....I get a lie in in winter until 6am.
Monty is my big Main Coon cat...for those not in the know.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 14:09   #21
Resting in peace

Don't have a bedside table in London, I use the top of a dresser - and there are far too many things to list - a small selection - about 10 books, one fan, one lamp, assorted pots of goo (ever hopeful!), water glass (the 2 litre bottle sits on the floor), make-up bag with various medications, mirror, teddy bear (belonged to my ma-in-law and I wouldn't want him to be lonely), two large plastic boxes containing spare clothes, several other boxes with God knows what ...... obviously some sort of nutter.

In Ossy - lamp, book, Ventolin, glass of water, pot of face cream, tissues.
Conclusion - thirsty insomniac asthmatic, ever hopeful, with a snifffle.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 14:18   #22
God Member

Alarm clock, Fags, Lighter, Ashtray, Book, Specs, a couple of pens, small change and the contents of my trouser pockets. Now if you were to have asked what I keep under it, that would probably take over a week to catalogue.
Old 26-07-2006, 14:37   #23
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Bedside Table

I have two bedside tables, well two bedside cabinets actually that happen to have a tabletop. Both cabinets are empty, I think. I haven’t looked for years. One drawer contains a spare bulb for the bedside lamp. The other is empty now because I have taken the one million quid out of it and taped the money behind my desk.

The left hand cabinet/table has a clock radio and dust. I always sleep on my right side so on the rare occasion that it is used to wake me at some ungodly hour I have to turn over to turn it off. Once I move and my eyes open the brain kicks in and sleep becomes impossible - so I get up. It works for me.

On the right hand table/cabinet is a unique only one of its kind bedside lamp and a torch, ex navy of course. Donkeys years ago when I were foreman at Dynamo Electric in Blackburn our ‘experimental’ department made the lamp that would double as emergency lighting in the event of a power failure. I rescued it from the skip when Dynamo closed down and we all got made redundant.

The base, about 8 inches in diameter and about 5 inches high, holds the re-chargeable batteries and electronics. The stem holds 2 fluorescent tubes surrounded by a diffuser and these light up when the power fails or the plug is pulled. There is a push button switch to select one or both tubes to be lit. There is a second push button switch that controls the normal light. On top of the stem is a normal light fitting but I use a 25w switchboard bulb with a spare in the drawer. It is all topped with a normal lampshade and dust of course.

At my age a bed is for sleeping in so other accoutrements are surplus to requirements. Even if I am feeling not so clever I still manage to get up and flop into my reclining rocking chair.
Old 26-07-2006, 19:03   #24
God Member

god knows why they don't make them jambutty, I think we'd all have one, especially pensioners. Do they think that the price would put people off.
Another idea I had was a pull cord dimmer for the bathroom, the amount of people that asked me to fit dimmers in bathrooms I couldn't understand why no one had. They have only just started making it. Perhaps I should have patented it when I first thought of it.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 19:12   #25
Senior Member+

no bedside table here ...but i do keep my mobile phone and my glasses under the bed at night

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 19:17   #26
God Member

when I go sleep there'a another three mobiles go on it and a cup o tea
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 19:24   #27
Accy Goddess

On my bedside cabinet I have on the top a pen, my ventolin inhailer, radio cassette player, my mp3 player, Jar vic ( empty ) Olbas Oil, A braclet with Nana on my Grandaughter made me, cigs, A game.
In the middle are pictures still waiting to go on the wall, an ashtray, note book, magazine and a lighter.
The bottom containes books.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 21:54   #28
Resting in Peace

Well, this is definitely eye-opening. Personality, lifestyle all in one little space, eh ?

Worried about some of ya' though.. observations so far:-

Ernie: disappointed those polo mints only used for indigestion, thought you might expect company any time and being prepared, or other uses.. tee hee.

Madhatter: ... THREE money boxes, 5 small teddies !! FOUR mobiles, why am I not surprised . where's ya' pony tail clips though, oh, yes, let yer' hair down at night I bet.

Spuggie: Russian Caramels ?? Obviously a man of selective taste, but what's wrong with the Devon variety ?

Doug: Heard about men and Rams.

Cyfr: Aaaaw Simpson lamp, eh ? Showing yer' age kid. Red Bull, not opened yet. Between boy and man.

Gayle: So perfect.

Wynonie: Frustrated busdriver ... talk to Busman

Mez: Anti-hystamine ? You got bed mites ?

Mummiboo: Crystal Angel .. some one to watch over you.

Jeanette: better get you into therapy quick ..bacca' ? finishing school would help too.

Margaret: Was excited when ya' mentioned Monty, then let me down, just a cat.

Pendy: Organised chaos. Love your affiliation with stuffed toys though ..

A-B: Yes, would LOVE to know what is under yer' bed.

Jambutty: Only you could have such a lamp.

Anne: Now Mick is on the mend, get him to hang up those pictures for you.

Can't you just picture all this about the people who have replied and don't you just love it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 22:14   #29
God Member

Sorry nothing abnormal here either. I've got a new book I picked up at the Asda (can't even remember what its called now), my phone, fags, lighter, ashtray, keys, purse, a bottle of water and lately my mp3 player.
Old 26-07-2006, 22:19   #30
I am Banned

Gee i have 2 bedside cabs, one has lamp, cds & remote controls for tv & sky - the other has a night drink not alcholic, antihitimine for recent barb wire incident, ashpan, fags lighter & i sleep with the mobey

& a concoction of organised chaos underneath
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..