Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Big day for Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommey
does anybody know if gail got in
Oh Tommey hun .... read the thread !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33   #92

sorry gayle for spelling your name wrong.
but it would be nice for a honest person to get in
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:35   #93

so we have to put up with lies once more ?how big will his head be now
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:49   #94
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
does anybody know if gail got in
No mate, the results are here
Old 05-05-2006, 08:50   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
how big will his head be now
It is probably a good job he drives a Picasso with plenty of head room in it or else he would have been walking home last night
Old 05-05-2006, 09:40   #96
God Member

Well, like I said last night I gave it a shot. At the end of the day he got more votes than me and I can walk away from it!

But I would like to ask the question - what is it that he does that makes people want to vote for him? Come on Tories make yourself known and defend why he continually wins - you're obviously in the majority so you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Over to you Neil!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:50   #97
God Member

Just out of interest Gayle - was his majority over Labour increased or decreased from 2003?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:55   #98
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Over to you Neil!
You are running the risk of turning into Graham Jones, next you will be accusing me of being Peters friend like Graham continually did.

I think it was unfortunate that you ran against Peter in your first election. If you had been up for one of the other 2 ward's in Oswaldtwistle I bet you would have won, after all Sandra Heyes lost her seat.
I remember saying to you either on thread or PM months ago something along the lines of "who wouldn't want the leader of the Council as their Ward Councillor if they had a problem that needed sorting out?". I am sure that other voters must think along those lines as well.
Have you noticed they have updated this page with the results since earier today? It now shows the turnout percentage. You had the highest turnout in Hyndburn. I cannot find any figures for the last time Peter was voted in. It would be really interesting to see if last night was a closer vote and higher turnout than the previous one in 2002 (I think it was 2002).
Old 05-05-2006, 10:02   #99
God Member

I don't care whether or not you're Peters friend or not. I don't even mind if you voted for him because I respect everybody's point of view if they have actually taken the time to go out and vote. All I'm asking is that people who voted for Peter actually stand up and say why!

Old 05-05-2006, 10:02   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Just out of interest Gayle - was his majority over Labour increased or decreased from 2003?
I think it was about the same, slightly decreased if anything but not by a lot.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:05   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I think it was about the same, slightly decreased if anything but not by a lot.
Well, if that's the case then you went against the national trend. So well done!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:13   #102
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I have told you before Gayle that I think you would be an excellent hard working Councillor. Maybe the Labour party should have eased you into politics by running against an easier seat while you became a little more known.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:31   #103
Give, give, give member

Cast your minds back to a little over a year on Accy Web, Gayle was the devil incarnate to a lot of people on here.

Starting with the live question and answer evening, she has impressed a lot of us with her honesty, and her abilities to get funding for community projects, and also her humour.

I'd take some satisfaction today that even people whom I suspect aren't Labour supporters wished her well, and said she'd be a good councillor.

It would be wonderful if some of the people that voted for Britcliffe would come out of the woodwork on here, after all they are quite vocal at using the letters pages of the local press to air their views, what are they afraid of?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:49   #104
God Member

Well, Gayle certainly got a hammering over the Panopticon - although nothing compared to the stick that Britcliffe and his cohorts have had. As to the characters writing in the Observer - is it just possible that many do not have internet access or even if they have, they may not yet have found this site?

Democracy is not about who we vote in - it's about voting them out. It does appear that insufficient numbers of people in Ossy are as yet dissatisfied with Britcliffe to get rid of him.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 05-05-2006 at 10:51. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2006, 10:53   #105
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
is it just possible that many do not have internet access or even if they have, they may not yet have found this site?
I would be surprissed if most people at HBC, Councillors and Officers did not know about this site. After all, if your boss was being slated on a forum, how long do you think it would take for everyone you work with to hear about it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..