Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 10:55   #106
God Member

Re: Big day for Gayle

I was referring to some of the half-wits who regularly get their letters in the Observer & appear to have no poltical connections.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56   #107
Give, give, give member

It appears that the people who run Hyndburn's very own, and very expensive council run site, has internet access, because it's never updated and nobody ever posts on it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:58   #108
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I was referring to some of the half-wits who regularly get their letters in the Observer & appear to have no poltical connections.
What while certain people from this forum have their letters discarded. I wonder how many other good letters were tossed in the bin so certain politically biased letters were published over the last few weeks. Have you noticed how the same names often pop up as letter writers?
Old 05-05-2006, 10:59   #109
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It appears that the people who run Hyndburn's very own, and very expensive council run site, has internet access, because it's never updated and nobody ever posts on it.
Why is that? I think it is because it is tied to the Council and people are wary of 'big brother'.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:01   #110
Give, give, give member

[quotee Tealeaf] It does appear that insufficient numbers of people in Ossy are as yet dissatisfied with Britcliffe to get rid of him.[/quote]

He is popular in Ossy, well with the drinkers of certain pubs, and like Neil said people in Ossy might like having the leader of the council as their councillor.

Can't see the advantage myself. All I see is a main road full of dead hanging baskets, another ludicrous waste of money, and ill thought out.

I wonder how quickly holes in the roads will be filled in now when we post about them, now that the election is over?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 13:43   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Well, Ossie's loss that's all I can say.
I dont think its a loss. I live in Ossy and I would have been sad to see it thrown away to someone other than Peter.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 14:12   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
I dont think its a loss. I live in Ossy and I would have been sad to see it thrown away to someone other than Peter.
He cant go on for ever so what do you want after he retires?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 17:36   #113
Senior Member+

Hope you have another go at this Gayle;we know how hard you worked.

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 05-05-2006 at 17:39.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 17:49   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Why is that? I think it is because it is tied to the Council and people are wary of 'big brother'.
Oh by the way Neil, Peter's lost your phone number. Could you give him a ring urgently!
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 18:08   #115
God Member

Shame, some people will stick with what they've got regardless. Better the devil you know. I don't give a damn about political parties, it's if the person is bothered about the right things that matter, and gayle would have been good for ossy. Judging by the posts on here far better than PB. I think gayle should move down here, then we can vote her in and your lose will be our gain.

*And the very people that voted him in will no doubt be the ones moaning about hard done by they are, how nobody does anything, no investment .
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody

Last edited by Madhatter; 05-05-2006 at 18:10. Reason: to add summat
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 19:34   #116
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Oh by the way Neil, Peter's lost your phone number. Could you give him a ring urgently!
There is no need Graham I am in the phone book.Anyway he knows I go to the Area Council meeting so Linda will have my contact details on file.
I don't really think he needs to talk to me does he?
Why would you want to say something that is not true Graham?
Old 05-05-2006, 20:17   #117
Full Member+

Red face Re: Big day for Gayle

If standing for the council was apolitical and based on what you had or could do for your ward then Gayle would probably walk it. However once you nail your colours to the political mast then deep seated fears and prejudices on a national level surface and you vote for or against the government of the day. I would be interested if Gayle would vote as directed by the party leaders or knowing her headstrongness (!) would deviate from the party line. I was shocked Tim o Kane was beaten, he`s in the Observer more than Britcliffe! Will he hve to hand his laptop back? He always seemed quite proud carrying it around town.
Old 05-05-2006, 20:23   #118
God Member

I was asked at one of the candidate interviews ages ago whether I would ever go against party whip. I said, 'it would depend and if it was totally against my principles then I would abstain, however I would then work to find a compromise that would benefit everyone'.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 21:48   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
I'm sorry Gayle lovers she's got stuffed by over a hundred votes, hot line from the count
and how did Sandra go on?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 21:50   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
and how did Sandra go on?
Ooo you've given it away now GJ

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..